PDA

View Full Version : Fitbit Ace 2?

ang79
11-27-2019, 06:17 PM
I know these only came out this past summer, has anyone tried one? Online reviews say that they have a lot more features than the original Ace, but a problem is that the tracker can fall out of the band. Just wondering if anyone has had that problem. If I can find a good deal, I may consider one for just turned 11 yr. old DD2. Her 13 yr. old sister and I both have Fitbits. She was using a cheap knock-off from Amazon but it often won't count steps, resets in the middle of the day, etc., so she is frustrated with it. Trying to decide if the Ace 2 looks too babyish (though I think she would get a kick out of the alerts and clock faces on it), or if I should just get an Inspire like her sister has (the non-HR one). So far DD1's Inspire has worked pretty well, though one time it just stopped working and we had to re-set it.

candaceb
11-27-2019, 11:50 PM
I would not get an Ace for an 11 year old. I'd go for the Inspire. There will be lots of deals in the next couple of weeks.

candaceb
11-28-2019, 10:17 AM
Target has the Inspire HR for $70 - I'd do that.

ang79
11-28-2019, 12:39 PM
Target has the Inspire HR for $70 - I'd do that.

At 11, I don't think she really needs the HR. Most places have the regular Inspire for $50, so I may go with that. I don't like that Fitibit will only let you register a child account to the Ace or Ace 2, if I make an account for her with the Inspire I have to lie about her age (make her 13 instead of 11).