PDA

View Full Version : Panini Maker Recommendations Please

Soccermomm
11-27-2019, 07:56 PM
Need recommendations for a great panini maker. Hoping to get a great one at a great price this holiday season.

TIA for all your help.

lizzywednesday
11-28-2019, 11:23 AM
We have the Cuisinart Griddler. I like the removable dual-sided plates. We use it for hot dogs and grilled cheese (obvi not together.)

gymnbomb
11-28-2019, 11:25 AM
I am pretty sure we have a cusinart one too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jgenie
11-28-2019, 12:23 PM
We have the Cuisinart Griddler. I like the removable dual-sided plates. We use it for hot dogs and grilled cheese (obvi not together.)

We have this same one. It’s collecting dust in the basement but has been great when we’ve used it.

TwinFoxes
11-28-2019, 02:16 PM
We have the Griddler too, and like it. We got the optional waffle plates, and it's a great waffle iron. My husband uses it for hamburgers too (I prefer using our cast iron griddle.) We got it as a Christmas present from MIL, and it was a good gift, we wouldn't have thought to get it on our own. It's not one of those things that we've received and then never used.

elbenn
11-28-2019, 11:01 PM
I have this Breville one and really like it. I paid $45 so check around for best prices. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XK7GBM6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

marinkitty
11-29-2019, 08:31 PM
Not a panini maker, but we have converted to using a cast iron grill pan and a cast iron press and it makes far better paninis than we have ever made using a machine (we have had a Breville one and another one I can't remember the brand of) and they are both more versatile than a one note appliance and will last forever. You can buy Lodge versions from Sur La Table for not much money too. We also use them for burgers and satay if it isn't grilling weather. Easier to clean than my Breville machine by far! So much so that I just donated mine.

lizzywednesday
11-30-2019, 02:43 PM
We have the Griddler too, and like it. We got the optional waffle plates, and it's a great waffle iron. ...

We also have the waffle plates and I don't particularly care for it as a waffle iron, so I guess this is one of those things where YMMV.

Globetrotter
11-30-2019, 08:34 PM
Not a panini maker, but we have converted to using a cast iron grill pan and a cast iron press and it makes far better paninis than we have ever made using a machine (we have had a Breville one and another one I can't remember the brand of) and they are both more versatile than a one note appliance and will last forever. You can buy Lodge versions from Sur La Table for not much money too. We also use them for burgers and satay if it isn't grilling weather. Easier to clean than my Breville machine by far! So much so that I just donated mine.

Me too, since I’m avoiding nonstick. I have a le creuset from the outlet. It comes out well!

Twin Mom
12-07-2019, 04:06 PM
Another vote for the Cuisinart griddler. It’s one appliance that actually gets used pretty regularly.