PDA

View Full Version : Help surviving winter

ray7694
01-29-2020, 03:36 PM
I live in the Midwest and this winter hasn’t been that bad but I am struggling with energy and overly tired. My thyroid was just checked and with my meds working. Even when I get plenty of sleep I am still tired. I feel like I could sleep a week. I take a multivitamin, exercise, and diet is average.

Wondering if I have SAD. Please tell me what I can take or do to help. Wish I could move to the sun.

StantonHyde
01-29-2020, 03:57 PM
Costco used to sell mood lights for about $100. I turn it on for 20-30 minutes while I am getting dressed. You don’t stare at it, it’s just there. It really makes a difference

nfceagles
01-29-2020, 04:29 PM
I’m in London for my first winter and the days are very short. A lot of the ladies here swear by SAD lights. They can be had for $25-40 on Amazon. And take a Vitamin D supplement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSWR0319
01-29-2020, 05:24 PM
I'm in the midwest too and have been feeling the same in the last few weeks. I don't think we've seen sun in a few weeks. I did start taking a multivitamin earlier this winter and was feeling better, but I've been needing naps lately. I think maybe I'll try a light.

DualvansMommy
01-29-2020, 06:45 PM
I’m in London for my first winter and the days are very short. A lot of the ladies here swear by SAD lights. They can be had for $25-40 on Amazon. And take a Vitamin D supplement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes! All my friends back home in Ireland use SAD lamps a lot, as you said, days are really short.

I personally didn’t think I would need it, but I got one last month. It really made a difference for me, in just that short time span. But I can’t tell if it’s because our winter here is mild for our area so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pinkmomagain
01-29-2020, 08:40 PM
Vitamin D has made such a huge difference in my SAD. Getting daylight early in the day (or using a lamp) is also helpful. Don't forget physical exercise!