PDA

View Full Version : Experience with online auction sites?

belovedgandp
01-31-2020, 12:57 PM
Our low key elementary silent auction has managed to get some big time items this year. We've typically managed it completely in-house and only allowed bids from people in attendance. But this was for 20 items tops and the most sought after item was the reserved parking spot.

This year we have several items that will bring much higher bids and could have a draw beyond our school community. We were looking at using an online system; possibly Auctria or 32auctions. Anyone with experience with these or other thoughts in general?

carolinamama
02-03-2020, 05:05 PM
Our elementary school has been running a very successful silent auction for 15 years. We switched to online before my time and we've been part of the school for 8 years using 32auctions. We find that it serves our purposes well. I've never chaired the silent auction but I'm involved in PTA (president for 2 years even so helped closely) and the chairs entering the data have always been pretty positive about it. As a bidder, it's straight-forward and easy to use. Plus the link is convenient to share outside the school community.

ETA - not sure if you have a high volume carpool line at your school but we do. The most sought after items are the 2 front-row carpool spots. Meaning, show up 5 minutes before dismissal and pull away the second your kid comes out. Maybe that's the same as the parking spot for you all though.