PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a lovesac sectional?

AngB
02-01-2020, 12:35 PM
I saw one on Facebook and now I'm intrigued. I knew they made ginormous beanbag chairs but I didn't know they made sectionals. We have two couches in our giant greatroom that are in rough shape because kids. Hubby is pretty much refusing to replace them because again, kids. (boys 8, 7, 4...prime couch-destroying ages, then 10 mo dd.) I showed him these and he's not totally against it...
So we like that these apparently are washable, lifetime warranty, and easily configurable.
Does anyone here have one or have seen them in person? There's a showroom like an hour from us so we'll be waiting till we have a babysitter to go look at them...

lisa928
02-01-2020, 12:57 PM
I don't know anything about them, but my Costco had a representative there on Friday with some of their products, I guess as a road show.

AngB
02-01-2020, 01:07 PM
I don't know anything about them, but my Costco had a representative there on Friday with some of their products, I guess as a road show.

Good to know! We need to go in and cancel our Costco membership anyway, (it's too far and we haven't shopped there in over a year besides gas but even that is infrequent since it's out of our way...) might be worth seeing if they are there this weekend.

twowhat?
02-01-2020, 01:53 PM
I read somewhere (could have been here but haven't done a search yet) someone knew of one being used in a commercial setting and said it was holding up really well. The washable aspect of it totally sells me - if it's in good shape and a good price, I'd be really tempted. I would inspect it well - take off the covers, check to make sure there wasn't a big spill that has seeped into a cushion, check for bedbugs and if it all checks out, I'd probably get it! Wash the covers, good as new!

AngB
02-01-2020, 02:07 PM
I read somewhere (could have been here but haven't done a search yet) someone knew of one being used in a commercial setting and said it was holding up really well. The washable aspect of it totally sells me - if it's in good shape and a good price, I'd be really tempted. I would inspect it well - take off the covers, check to make sure there wasn't a big spill that has seeped into a cushion, check for bedbugs and if it all checks out, I'd probably get it! Wash the covers, good as new!

Oh I wish we found a used one. I just meant I saw someone posted a picture and had one in the background- not one for sale- other people actually asked her about it but thought I'd see if there was any feedback here. (I would totally do a used one but I'm guessing that's unlikely.) I just didn't know they existed before that, we would be buying it new most likely, good to know they hold up well! I figure at least worst case scenario if our kids broke a piece and we had issues actually using the warranty, worst case scenario we just replace the piece and/or take the piece out...(I mean hopefully it would hold up but...kids.)

WatchingThemGrow
02-01-2020, 03:18 PM
We will just use ikea sectionals/sofas... so much more our price range!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngB
02-01-2020, 03:24 PM
We will just use ikea sectionals/sofas... so much more our price range!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah after looking at their warranty in more detail it's not really as great as advertised...:( ...also way too many complicated options (fabric types, filling types, etc.) plus having pillow-type backs and cushions for them to pull off the couch would drive me nuts.

jerseygirl07067
02-02-2020, 12:27 AM
I love the idea of these but they are way pricey. I started looking into them, thinking I could find a deal. It seems like from what I read, their customer service is not very good, which would really upset me if I paid this kind of money for a sofa.

They are way out of my price range, but maybe you could find something on Craigslist or Offer up?

Maxlee
02-02-2020, 01:04 PM
We have a Sactional in our basement and love it! We rearrange it often for different things. A kid threw up on it once and we washed the covers and it was good as new. We didn’t upgrade the cushions and got a basic fabric. We bought when it was on sale - I asked store what best sale was and waited for it.