PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Nature's Miracle?

twowhat?
02-04-2020, 12:06 PM
Posting here for traffic - calling all pet owners who use Nature's Miracle! The giant gallon jug that has lasted us for a few years is sadly all used up now. I went on Amazon to order another and was horrified to learn that apparently they have updated the formula to add a FRAGRANCE, and there are plenty of reviews from people saying how horrible and strong the fragrance is and why didn't they stick to the original formula that had no scent? (The original formula smelled mildly of alcohol but that is it and I appreciated how completely scent-free it was!). As a family who is very sensitive to fragrances, I can't use the new Nature's Miracle (and it really kind of makes me angry - the original formula was PERFECT. I just don't understand why they had to add a scent!!!).

Is there a comparable enzyme-based cleaner that works just as well, with no scent???

mmsmom
02-04-2020, 12:28 PM
There are so many versions of Nature’s Miracle now. I usually buy at Target or PetSmart and it has been a while since I bought since our cat died and we don’t use it as often. I did notice on Amazon that there are some sellers selling the original version. Adding scent drives me insane too. There are a lot of other products now but I have not tried any of them. If you have a PetSmart close by they may be able to guide you.

calebsmama03
02-04-2020, 12:32 PM
I thought I was just nuts! When we got our puppy 2 years ago everyone recommended nature's miracle for her accidents and said it was scent free. I sniffed it at the store and it REEKED like a combo of that wintergreen school vomit absorbant and some odd chemical-floral scent. I couldn't figure out why these people were claiming it was non scented.

I have no idea how well it would have worked because I wouldn't buy it. We used Bac Out, which has a mild citrusy scent, or Folex carpet stain remover, which is unscented but not sure if it's enzyme or not? Luckily we didn't have to use often.

legaleagle
02-04-2020, 01:40 PM
I haven't used it personally since we haven't had a cat in years but on the slightly bonkers cleaning FB group I'm on Kids & Pets is recommended highly and it's fragrance free I think.

Gracemom
02-04-2020, 03:18 PM
We use BISSELL Woolite InstaClean Pet stain remover. It works by far better than any other cleaner I've used. It has a mild scent. I'm very sensitive to scents and it doesn't bother me at all. I get it on Amazon.

gamma
02-04-2020, 03:33 PM
We use this, not based on scent, but it just works so much better than Nature’s Miracle.
Biokleen Bac-Out Enzyme Stain Remover - 32 Ounce - Natural Foam Spray, Destroys Stains & Odors Safely, for Pet Stains, Laundry, Diapers, Wine, Carpets, Eco-Friendly, Non-Toxic, Plant-Based https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005P0UYDS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IzCoEbG8P036C

doberbrat
02-05-2020, 08:55 AM
simple solution works pretty well. I had no idea that NM had now only scent added formulas.

Smillow
02-05-2020, 10:23 AM
This! I love Bac-out!

We use this, not based on scent, but it just works so much better than Nature’s Miracle.
Biokleen Bac-Out Enzyme Stain Remover - 32 Ounce - Natural Foam Spray, Destroys Stains & Odors Safely, for Pet Stains, Laundry, Diapers, Wine, Carpets, Eco-Friendly, Non-Toxic, Plant-Based https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005P0UYDS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IzCoEbG8P036C

carolinamama
02-05-2020, 11:00 AM

I can't believe I forgot about the greatness of Bac-Out. I used it all the time during our cloth diapering years. Just ordered a bottle - thanks for reminding me about it.

twowhat?
02-05-2020, 12:03 PM
Hmmm I tried to use BioKleen Bac-Out back in my cloth diapering years too but I remember that the lime smell bothered me. Maybe I will order a small bottle to try again. Seriously I just hate that fragrances are added at all :(

umsh
02-05-2020, 05:27 PM
I too hate fragrances and am very sensitive to them, but I’ve always used Bac Out without issue. Maybe the scent fades fast? I can’t remember bc I haven’t needed for a long time, but I’ve always been happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBaxter
02-09-2020, 07:28 PM
Ive never had a natures miracle that was scent free. They all have had some scent The last bottle was lavender & something the new bottle is melon blast which has a slight tropical scent. Nothing over powering

hellokitty
02-10-2020, 08:25 PM
The fragrance is nasty, so nasty that my husband found a different alternative. Rocco & Roxie Professional Stain and Odor Eliminator is what we are using now. I LOVE it! It has a scent, but it isn't a gross floral scent like natures miracle. It is more of a low-key herbal scent and the smell goes away within 48 hrs. The nature's miracle scent lasts forver and I've mentally associated it with dog pee... so IDK what we are going to do with our leftover nature's miracle, maybe we'll donate it.

twowhat?
02-11-2020, 09:48 AM
Ive never had a natures miracle that was scent free. They all have had some scent The last bottle was lavender & something the new bottle is melon blast which has a slight tropical scent. Nothing over powering

You're right, I just looked at our bottle of the original Nature's Miracle formula and it does have Citral on the ingredient list. It was SUCH a subtle fragrance though, almost no fragrance at all. The new formula appears to have both "Citral" (or "natural citrus scent" depending on where you look) and "Fragrance" in their basic formula, as well as the flavors you mention in other formulas. Such a bummer, that fragrance.

The fragrance is nasty, so nasty that my husband found a different alternative. Rocco & Roxie Professional Stain and Odor Eliminator is what we are using now. I LOVE it! It has a scent, but it isn't a gross floral scent like natures miracle. It is more of a low-key herbal scent and the smell goes away within 48 hrs. The nature's miracle scent lasts forver and I've mentally associated it with dog pee... so IDK what we are going to do with our leftover nature's miracle, maybe we'll donate it.

So I bought 2 things to try: MisterMax Anti Icky Poo (comes in unscented which is what I got) and the Rocco & Roxie one. Both came in the same Amazon box, with Rocco & Roxie wrapped in additional plastic. I could smell the Rocco & Roxie through the plastic, so I was initially really disappointed. I used MisterMax on a fairly fresh vomit spot on the rug - worked well, and is really scent free. Yay! The dog vomited again this morning, so I tried the Rocco & Roxie. I still don't like that it has a scent, but you are right that it's not too gross of a scent, though to me it's still really strong. Reminds me of opening up a package of spearmint Lifesaver mints and stuffing your nose straight into the bag. But, the fragrance didn't seem to linger more than an hour or so, though to be fair I was cleaning up a hard surface. I'll probably keep a spray bottle of Rocco & Roxie on hand for smaller hard surface messes, and get the jug of MisterMax for bigger carpet messes where I don't want to be overpowered by spearmint. Scent-free is still the best for me!

hellokitty
02-13-2020, 02:11 PM
Yes, the Rocco & Roxie definitely has a scent, but I am just glad that it seems to go away within 12 hrs. Nature's Miracle just lingers. My bil decided he didn't want his dog, which he gave to us, who he never properly potty trained and it's a breed that is infamously difficult to housetrain. So, it's been over a year, and we still deal accidents, but more of #2, not #1. However, the dog ruined our carpet peeing in the living room (which is now gated up so only humans can go there, my dog who is very well housetrained is disgruntled that he has been lumped into not being allowed to go in there. Bil swore up and down that he was housetrained and by the time we figured it out he had peed over at least a third of the living room floor. I may have my husband try the R&R in the living room where the dog had peed the most at when we first got him. I'll try the MisterMax next time I need to re-order, thanks for the side to side review.

Staraglimmer
02-15-2020, 04:11 PM
Bac out is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)