PDA

View Full Version : Hypothyroid?!

elizamom
02-08-2020, 06:54 PM
I just got back my thyroid test results, but I can not talk to a nurse or doctor until Monday at the earliest and I am starting to worry. My OBGYN tested me because I had symptoms for a hyperthyroid. I think these results mean I have hyPOthyroid, which I find surprising because I am very thin and present more like hyPERthyroid. My T3 is 1.7, T4 6.8, and TSH 4.52. That's hypo right? My hematocrit was also slightly above the normal range.

essnce629
02-08-2020, 07:45 PM
I have hyperthyroidism/Graves. When I was diagnosed 20 months ago my TSH was less than 0.01 and my main symptoms were rapid heart beat (over 100 just laying in bed) and severe itchiness all over (scalp, body, eyes, etc) especially at night. I had weight GAIN, not loss. I also had a slightly enlarged thyroid and hand tremor, but those were only noticeable by my endo.

You can have Hashimoto's which is also an autoimmune thyroid condition in which you swing between hypo and hyper. This is what my mom has but has only been hypo with it.
Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk

elizamom
02-08-2020, 08:02 PM
This is helpful to hear. Thank you. I didn't realize you could have hyper and have symptoms that more so match hypo, like you. I'll keep Hashimoto's in mind. I appreciate your response.

Does anyone know anything about slightly elevated hematocrit and iron?