PDA

View Full Version : Dress me for a girl’s night in the city please

jgenie
02-13-2020, 10:54 PM
We’re heading to NYC to celebrate a friend’s birthday next month. I always wait until the last minute then hate what I’m wearing. We’re heading in early for a day at the spa followed by a celebration dinner out. What should I wear? I’m guessing jeans are too casual but is a party dress too much? Please help!!

SnuggleBuggles
02-13-2020, 11:14 PM
I think jeans, a cute top and a jacket work well. I just wore this to Vegas https://www.macys.com/shop/product/style-co-faux-suede-moto-jacket-created-for-macys?ID=4836543&CategoryID=120&swatchColor=Fern%20Green
Most nights I got a bit more dressed up but with one night I wore a drapey wrap top and that jacket with jeans and booties (plus good accessories) and felt dressed well.
But, I’m sure your exact restaurant matters though!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

dhano923
02-14-2020, 03:17 AM
Depends on where you’re going. I live in the LA area. My go-to night out outfit for a trendy/hip restaurant is a pair of dark skinny jeans with a dark hip length blouse, a pair of heels and a nice clutch style purse. A statement necklace or a pair of nice earrings too. For a fine dining type place, I do a cocktail dress and heels with a smaller evening bag.

essnce629
02-14-2020, 04:19 AM
Depends on where you’re going. I live in the LA area. My go-to night out outfit for a trendy/hip restaurant is a pair of dark skinny jeans with a dark hip length blouse, a pair of heels and a nice clutch style purse. A statement necklace or a pair of nice earrings too.

This is what I would do too, plus a moto jacket for outside.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk

smilequeen
02-14-2020, 07:16 PM
It depends on where. Some places dark jeans, heels, and a great top are perfect. Others a dress would be. My last GNO I wore skinny black pants, my leopard print high heel boots, black silk tank, and black velvet blazer.

lizzywednesday
02-14-2020, 07:17 PM
This time of year, dark-wash jeans, a nice top, heels (or boots if you have any - I don't, so I usually go with heels, but boots are loads better with unpredictable weather and the risk of slush-lakes at corners!), some cool accessories and a fun, possibly sparkly, clutch purse.

Add some eyeshadow, lip gloss, and a good blowout and you're set.