PDA

View Full Version : Where are my car keys?

niccig
02-18-2020, 10:48 PM
I had them Sunday and can’t find them. It’s a big clump of keys (2car keys, house, garage, bike locks etc) on a loop that goes around my wrist. Please list where I should look!! And yes I’m buying the tile app ...

I’ve looked inside, outside, called the restaurant we went to Sunday (DH drove)...I usually misplace them but find them in a few minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

Smillow
02-18-2020, 10:54 PM
Between and under cushions, in the laundry, in a pocket of what you were wearing, between the car seats, under the couch, in the kitchen, did you bring anything in when you last came home? With reusable grocery bags, in the basement by the washer, next to where you changed your clothes when you came home, in a dresser drawer....

I lose my keys and glasses all the time...

KrisM
02-18-2020, 11:02 PM
in a pocket of a jacket, between the car seat and door, between the car seat and center console, in a dresser drawer, in a bathroom drawer, under mail, on the kitchen table, in a shoe/boot, in a bag/purse near a door or where ever you keep them.

hope you find them!

hwin708
02-18-2020, 11:07 PM
Trash can

Philly Mom
02-18-2020, 11:26 PM
Bag of pretzels.

elbert
02-18-2020, 11:32 PM
In a mail drawer, in the fridge, by the laundry area, in the recycling bin, where you out your gloves, near the phone chargers, bathroom counters, on a shelf in a bookcase, in the pantry

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

georgiegirl
02-18-2020, 11:45 PM
Behind a couch or piece of furniture

Freezer

Laundry basket

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

niccig
02-18-2020, 11:54 PM
Thanks...I’ll keep looking

elbenn
02-19-2020, 12:20 AM
Check laundry in case they were in a pocket-hamper, washer, etc. Fell into something like a shopping bag or box.

mom2binsd
02-19-2020, 12:25 AM
I"ve dropped keys in a shoe that I didn't wear.

KpbS
02-19-2020, 12:30 AM
In a fridge with leftovers? Zipped in your purse? On a shelf in the laundry room or garage? Bathroom drawer? Pantry?

Kestrel
02-19-2020, 12:49 AM
On the floor in the garage? Basically, on the ground between your house and car. In bushes too! I've found mine hanging from a branch of a bush along the path to my front door.

And once - in that wonderful newborn exhausted time - in our mailbox. I must have gone from the car, to get the mail, and set down the keys. (Mail carrier brought them to my door, thank goodness.)

AngB
02-19-2020, 01:04 AM
One of my kids once hid my keys in the bottom of a pbk chair. He unzipped it, put them in, and zipped it back up. THANKFULLY he remembered (after we were already late but better than not at all.)

I bought a set of key finders for my kids' tablets (they run them dead and lose them regularly) for $20 on amazon. It's similar to tile but no downloading, there's a master remote for 4 of them then each kid has a finder part attached to tablet case.

niccig
02-19-2020, 03:25 AM
Still looking!! I’m using DH’s key for my car and we have keypad locks. I’m going to wait a few days, keep looking then get a replacement for my car key, the fob was broken and my mechanic has told me to replace it. DH’s car can wait a while longer for them to turn up or not!

Globetrotter
02-19-2020, 11:12 AM
Were you with dh when you drove home? Assuming it’s keyless, I’m wondering if his key allowed you to drive home without your key bunch.
Hope you find it!!

how about amongst the dishes/drying rack/dishwasher or in the washing machine.

twowhat?
02-19-2020, 11:42 AM
The times I've misplaced my keys, they are almost always in a jacket or pants pocket and in the laundry basket. DH tends to leave his keys on a random surface - like he has his keys, suddenly remembers he needs to grab something else, sets the keys down on the coffee table (or other random surface), and then "loses" them.

98% of the time when DH loses something, I find it in places that he has already looked - so maybe ask someone else to look where you have already looked. Keys love to hide where you usually put them! If you normally put them in your purse or bag, then dump your purse/bag out upside-down and give it a good shake!

jgenie
02-19-2020, 01:12 PM
The linen closet, bookshelves, kitchen cabinets. I find that I’m on my way out the door and suddenly remember I need to do something. I’ll set my keys down while I get a last minute item done and I’ll forget to pick them back up.

khm
02-19-2020, 01:21 PM
Go over your calendar and remember everywhere you went. Big, little and in between. Meditate on being in those places and what you did.

When we got a new vehicle, for some reason I had both sets of keys with me. So, I wandered away from one set but didn't know it because I had the other set in my purse.

I went over everywhere I went. Target, the STATE FAIR, cell phone store, restaurants. Ugh. Turns out I was missing the "easy" one (I think I was fixated on the STATE FAIR). I did see it on my calendar, but glossed over it..... My kids' Tae Kwon Do lesson. The second I saw them on the entry bench I remembered putting them basically UNDER my purse on a chair behind me while I watched the lesson. The lessons were held in a big church's gym and they basically just had to set them upfront and hope the owner found them.

That day, I got on Etsy and bought key tags engraved with our last name and a cell number. What good is someone finding them if they don't know who to call. :)

Those keys weren't crazy expensive (Toyota) if I had lost it for good, but our other cars we've since learned are $450 and $900 (!!) to replace a fob. Madness.

Around your house, look at weird places you'd pause at. Stair railings you'd stop by to remove shoes, weird ledges or furniture where you'd stop to set a bag down. You maybe drug them into your bedroom and set them down somewhere odd when you changed. Sideboard in the dining room you rarely walk through. Front entry down BY all the shoes. Gym bag, coat pocket. Near the umbrella or old coat you threw on to take the garbage out.

JBaxter
02-19-2020, 01:55 PM
When you find them invest in a Tile. :D

LD92599
02-19-2020, 02:44 PM
Search with a flashlight under the seats of the car and between the seats and console.
Also, any possibility you were wearing a jacket? DUMP the contents of any purse or tote bag you had.

They will turn up!

Kestrel
02-19-2020, 03:07 PM
found mine today in the door pocket of my car - I must have dropped them as I shut the door. Hope you find yours soon!

Globetrotter
02-19-2020, 04:10 PM
I Agree to dump out the contents of your bag or pockets because many times I miss things on the first look.

PunkyBoo
02-19-2020, 05:07 PM
One time I lost keys and discovered that there was a small tear in the lining of my bag and they had slipped through! So I could hear that keys were in my bag but could not see them!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Baby Bargains mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

WatchingThemGrow
02-19-2020, 05:51 PM
Do you have a purse with too many pockets? I lost AirPods 2x for a total of 10 days because of a baggalini that had 11 hiding spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carolinacool
02-20-2020, 10:57 AM
On the floor in the garage? Basically, on the ground between your house and car. In bushes too! I've found mine hanging from a branch of a bush along the path to my front door.

Yes, I know you said you looked outside, but check the bushes, any flower pots, etc. DH went to the Y Monday night to work out. When he got home, he realized that one of his wireless ear pods had fallen out of his pocket. He checked the car, went back to the Y, etc. The next morning, he rechecked the car and looked all around the driveway. As he was heading back in the house, he just happened to look down at my very-dead mum plant (lol) and the ear pod was in there.

div_0305
02-21-2020, 01:07 PM
I usually keep keys on top of our garage fridge. I had lost a set for months, until I reached for something in the freezer and found the keys had dropped into the top freezer slot on the door.

JustMe
02-21-2020, 02:14 PM
Have you found them?

If it was me, they would be someplace I already looked (like under something or buried in a pocket but I somehow did not see or feel them when I looked) or under a couch/chair/cushion/pillow.

hellokitty
02-21-2020, 02:45 PM
I lost mine one time for 9 months when I was going to run a 5K and tried to tuck the key and fob somewhere. I did know that I lost it somewhere between the house and the car, so that helped. Turns out it fell down into a crevice between the two front seats. Since I have a keyless start car now I keep mine zipped into my wallet, so I don't misplace it.

niccig
02-21-2020, 09:59 PM
Haven’t found it yet. DH is the master at finding lost items and he hasn’t found it either. I plan to keep looking and wait a week or so before I start to replace keys