PDA

View Full Version : Travel s/o- will prices decrease bc of coronavirus?

SnuggleBuggles
02-28-2020, 01:56 PM
Indecision has prevented me from booking our summer trip. I couldn’t decide where to go and we had things on the schedule we were waiting to confirm. Not meaning this insensitively at all but do you think prices for travel will go down as more people avoid traveling?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

hillview
02-28-2020, 02:08 PM
really hard to guess. Highly likely airlines will cancel routes vs lower fares.

JBaxter
02-28-2020, 02:28 PM
We just purchased flights from Miami to Punta Cana and they were about what we have paid before. We will be in Liverpool and London over spring break mid March

robinsmommy
02-28-2020, 03:37 PM
If you are considering travel insurance, read fine print carefully- apparently pandemics are often not covered. I agree there is the risk of flights getting canceled. I think it’s too early to guess otherwise- too much is still changing. If I had my druthers, I’d stay in the US for vacation this year- in a pinch, one might be able to drive home.

mom2binsd
02-28-2020, 03:40 PM
If you are considering travel insurance, read fine print carefully- apparently pandemics are often not covered. I agree there is the risk of flights getting canceled. I think it’s too early to guess otherwise- too much is still changing. If I had my druthers, I’d stay in the US for vacation this year- in a pinch, one might be able to drive home.Yes to this, on the radio yesterday this was discussed, almost all travel insurance excludes this type of event. The only kind that does cover it is prohibitively expensive.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HannaAddict
03-02-2020, 02:32 PM
If you are considering travel insurance, read fine print carefully- apparently pandemics are often not covered. I agree there is the risk of flights getting canceled. I think it’s too early to guess otherwise- too much is still changing. If I had my druthers, I’d stay in the US for vacation this year- in a pinch, one might be able to drive home.

The company we use for travel insurance sent out an email saying that since the virus is now a listed event, no travel insurance covers it unless purchased before mid-January or it is a “cancel for any reason” policy and the rates on those just jumped up. The cancel for any reason policies also usually need to be purchased soon after first payment for anything the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaPeach_in_Ca
03-02-2020, 03:09 PM
I'm looking to book for 4th of July week and I'm not seeing any price drops as of yet. I will pretty much go anywhere for the right price. :p

westwoodmom04
03-02-2020, 03:24 PM
I think we are probably just about to enter the worse stage, I would expect summer travel to be ok. I'm a bit worried about our spring break trip even though it is domestic.