PDA

View Full Version : Long-shot: know we can get a medical grade wig made like this (Northeast)?

elbert
03-02-2020, 07:19 PM
I know this is a long-shot, but I'm looking for a place in the Northeast (anywhere between New York City and Portland, ME) that can help create a medical grade wig for my daughter to resemble image I'm attempting to include here.

This would be for everyday use, so either human hair or high-quality synthetic, and would need to be dyed. I'm new to the wig world, and we don't have a lot of options locally, so we're willing to travel anywhere between NYC and Portland, Maine if someone has a recommendation of a great place for me to contact that might be able to work with us to make this a reality. Feel free to PM me is that's a more comfortable way to respond.

Thanks so much for any leads!

trales
03-02-2020, 09:20 PM
I used to get my hair cut at the Salon at 10 Newbury on Newbury Street in Boston. I have no wig experience, but the salon was amazing. Half the salon was devoted to wigs and wig fittings. These were of the type you are talking about. It was a very nice, professional place. I just checked the website and they still make wigs. I hope it works out for you.

pinkmomagain
03-02-2020, 11:06 PM
I'll private message you.

mommy111
03-02-2020, 11:26 PM
Dana Farber cancer institute has a medical grade wig store. Call them and send them a pic and they can probably tell you if they can order/make one like this