PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy - Good Bye Alex :(

doberbrat
03-05-2020, 10:43 PM
:crying: At least they didnt kill him off. I'm still not over Derek dying. Its actually has good closure. (I wont spoil it) I'll be able to accept this eventually. Someday. Maybe.

gamma
03-06-2020, 08:42 AM
I loved the flashback scenes of how they looked 16 years ago. Weber! I thought it was a very creative write off.

SnuggleBuggles
03-06-2020, 10:43 AM
Can you edit the subject? I planned to eventually watch the show (I know- I can't really expect to avoid spoilers forever) but at least not have it right in the subject. :) Many thanks! :)

melrose7
03-06-2020, 11:38 AM
I liked the reason for him leaving-his kids. But left bad for Jo, hope she recovers. But I was also mad at Izzie for not telling him for 5 years that she had his kids. Doesn’t seem like her character.

AngB
03-07-2020, 09:19 PM
I liked the reason for him leaving-his kids. But left bad for Jo, hope she recovers. But I was also mad at Izzie for not telling him for 5 years that she had his kids. Doesn’t seem like her character.

Yes! I hope they don't pair up Link and Jo. They feel too sibling-ish to me to hook up. I wish Izzy had had younger kids or even been pregnant instead of not ever mentioning it to Alex until he contacted her...

jgenie
03-07-2020, 10:50 PM
It was a great episode! I wonder why he left? I wonder how much longer the show will continue?

AngB
03-08-2020, 06:28 PM
It was a great episode! I wonder why he left? I wonder how much longer the show will continue?

Ellen Pompeo signed a 2 year contract before this season so at least another. He said to pursue other acting activities/spend time with his 5 kids. I just hope it's not health related. It seems weird to me he was available to do the reading parts but not be on camera for his goodbye episode.

hwin708
03-09-2020, 04:30 AM
Well, his youngest is 18, so I don't know how much time with the kids he'll be getting lol.

The gossip articles say he left due to mental health issues which he was seeking treatment for. I don't know how true it is, but I doubt they would have just let him leave his contract midseason - with no warning, and no way to write him a real on-screen exit story - unless there were extenuating circumstances. And I think recording a simple voiceover is much easier than filming.

Overall, I think the writers did the best they could under the circumstances. There's no way he could have left Jo that wouldn't have been infuriating to fans of that couple, everyone would have been furious if he had been killed offscreen, and we already saw that with Derek. At least this way, they managed to throw a bone to one group of Grey's fans, the ones who have always held out hope for Alex and Izzy.

That being said, I do think the "she used the eggs they had stored and didn't tell him" storyline was actually pretty horrifying. And definitely not the start of a romantic reunion.