PDA

View Full Version : Appetizer ideas that don’t require sharing or touching

mmsmom
03-12-2020, 10:53 AM
I’m having a small event Sunday that is still a go as there are no cases in my half of the state.

I was planning a charcuterie board but that is out as it requires too much touching. I don’t want to do anything with a dip or that would require a serving spoon. I need ideas for things that are picked up individually. So far I have caprese skewers and mini quiches. I need 2-3 more ideas. Our stores were pretty well stocked but now I’m seeing that may be changing as the neighboring county has a boil water advisory for e-coli. Nothing to do with Coronavirus but it’s apparently sending everyone back to the stores.

TIA!

gamma
03-12-2020, 11:13 AM
Small cocktail tomatoes filled with chicken salad. Also, fill. Small disposable plastic or glass cocktail size glasses with individual servings of app items. Things like fruit salad, cheese and pepperoni, etc

Percycat
03-12-2020, 01:07 PM
use small plastic cups to make individual appetizer servings. You can use trays and stands to elevate and make the table more interesting.

Kestrel
03-13-2020, 11:48 AM
Something like prosciutto wrapped melon? Skewered strawberries with fresh basil leaves in between looks lovely and exotic, but isn't.

mikala
03-13-2020, 11:51 AM
You could use phyllo dough in muffin tins to make cups for filling, tons of recipes online. If you wanted a dip you could also do little individual ramekins. Something like spinach/artichoke dip would work well that way.

HannaAddict
03-15-2020, 05:57 AM
I’m having a small event Sunday that is still a go as there are no cases in my half of the state.

I was planning a charcuterie board but that is out as it requires too much touching. I don’t want to do anything with a dip or that would require a serving spoon. I need ideas for things that are picked up individually. So far I have caprese skewers and mini quiches. I need 2-3 more ideas. Our stores were pretty well stocked but now I’m seeing that may be changing as the neighboring county has a boil water advisory for e-coli. Nothing to do with Coronavirus but it’s apparently sending everyone back to the stores.

TIA!

You should really cancel the event. The time for social distancing is before you think you need it. It is laughable or criminal how little testing has been done in the US and the situation can change in a heartbeat. Think about canceling for the greater good. I can’t imagine going to a small event with finger food or any food right now even in a state that wasn’t effected. If you read anything about Italy on the NYT or other media, you might rethink it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk