PDA

View Full Version : Can you Freeze Yogurt?

StantonHyde
03-12-2020, 11:47 AM
I know you can freeze milk, but can you freeze yogurt? I have yogurt every day for breakfast. I usually use the 32 ounce containers of Chobani non fat Greek yogurt. Dry milk won't be the same :ROTFLMAO:so I am wondering if I can freeze yogurt?????

marymoo86
03-12-2020, 12:08 PM
We freeze the tubes and they thaw well - but most of the time they eat them like ice cream :D

I bet the small packages would freeze okay not sure I'd do a large tub.

smilequeen
03-12-2020, 01:23 PM
We’ve frozen the tubes too. If you want to freeze big tubs maybe do ice cube trays to break it up

khm
03-12-2020, 01:55 PM
I know you can freeze milk, but can you freeze yogurt? I have yogurt every day for breakfast. I usually use the 32 ounce containers of Chobani non fat Greek yogurt. Dry milk won't be the same :ROTFLMAO:so I am wondering if I can freeze yogurt?????

I know you cannot freeze Costco's Tzatziki, which is basically Greek Yogurt, right?

Our Costco had it intermittently, and a Costco lady said "Oh, you can pretty much freeze anything from here" so I bought a spare. NOPE. It thawed into a soupy liquid mess. The "creamy" just..... went away. Fail.

Maybe it's the lemon that makes it fail? I dunno. I'd test a single one before freezing in bulk. :)

legaleagle
03-12-2020, 02:33 PM
Plain yogurt lasts for weeks if not months if it's unopened though so I don't know if I'd bother freezing it.

Kestrel
03-12-2020, 04:09 PM
You can freeze it - it won't hurt you when it's thawed. However, the texture gets weird and I would guess that the good bugs would be killed. We do freeze it occasionally, when we overbuy, and then use it in smoothies, but not to just eat plain.

MSWR0319
03-12-2020, 04:12 PM
You can freeze milk?? How did I not know this? Do I just stick a gallon in the freezer?

Kestrel
03-12-2020, 04:19 PM
To freeze milk - pour off some to leave room to expand, maybe two cups or so off of a gallon. Then just freeze. Thaw in fridge, shake well and use.

StantonHyde
03-12-2020, 06:46 PM
I mix the yogurt with oatmeal. I want to freeze it as part of my 2 week supply. Although DH works his first shift as the “Covid” doctor tomorrow night so we’ll see....

gatorsmom
03-12-2020, 07:44 PM
Plain yogurt lasts for weeks if not months if it's unopened though so I don't know if I'd bother freezing it.

:yeahthat: At this moment I'm still finishing off some Siggi's yogurt that expired mid February. The lids aren't expanding or bursting at all, in fact they look unchanged so I figured I'd try it. It tastes fine. Before I left for vacation I had been eating it for over a week. I thought the kids said they liked it and bought a bunch. Little stinkers, I hate when they change their minds like that. :irked:

essnce629
03-12-2020, 10:58 PM
Plain yogurt lasts for weeks if not months if it's unopened though so I don't know if I'd bother freezing it.This [emoji1483]
If unopened it's definitely fine for a long time.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk