PDA

View Full Version : NOT about the virus, but JEANS for teen boys

Mamma2004
03-12-2020, 08:08 PM
DS is a sophomore and has a slender, athletic build. He has worn size 18 slim jeans, slim cut (not "skinny"), for two years. He is squeezing out his last wearings, as it is time to size up.

There is no size 20 slim anywhere, and men's jeans have legs that are SO WIDE for him.

This is far less urgent than preparing to battle the Corona virus, but this is where we are. Thank you for *any* suggestions, whether online or B&M establishments.

hillview
03-12-2020, 08:13 PM
American Eagle is popular here

SnuggleBuggles
03-12-2020, 08:21 PM
Kohl’s has Levi’s and other brands. I’m surprised you aren’t seeing a bunch of different leg cuts at any store though.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

Mamma2004
03-12-2020, 08:27 PM
I should try AE - they have "slim". Hmmm. Thank you!

Kestrel
03-12-2020, 08:28 PM
Can you squeeze though until summer shorts season? I would guess you'll have a lot more options at back to school time.

PunkyBoo
03-12-2020, 08:45 PM
I should try AE - they have "slim". Hmmm. Thank you!YES! That is all my super tall skinny boy can wear!

Smillow
03-12-2020, 08:53 PM
my Son is in 16’s and I can’t find 18’s in the store. I did find that size 16 “husky” worked for for him, although they are shorter than the regular sized 16’s. And the pair I found were slim-cut “husky’s”! Sizes are weird.

Mamma2004
03-12-2020, 09:11 PM
Not high fashion, but my picky DS has done well with very inexpensive 18 slims from the Children's Place. I ordered online for under $10 per pair, and they fit him SO well. Now we'll try American Eagle and others.

my Son is in 16’s and I can’t find 18’s in the store. I did find that size 16 “husky” worked for for him, although they are shorter than the regular sized 16’s. And the pair I found were slim-cut “husky’s”! Sizes are weird.

niccig
03-12-2020, 09:16 PM
DS wears super skinny jeans in men’s waist 28” from Holister. 30” is a bit loose in waist but he has a couple pairs in this size and once he’s regularly in that size it’ll be easier to get pants. In regular jeans he can fit 2 legs into one leg. He’s a freshman and wears 30” inseam

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

smilequeen
03-12-2020, 09:19 PM
I saw that Lands End has size 20 slim. I have a 12 year old with the same problem (he’s not tall, only 5’4” but has ridiculously long legs)

Have you found athletic pants that fit him? That’s my current challenge. Even men’s xs are a bit short. Adidas YL is surprisingly long and slim but that’s it.

MommyAllison
03-12-2020, 09:20 PM
H&M super skinny jeans are pretty darn skinny - the only ones that fit my DS, and my very thin DH!

bcafe
03-12-2020, 11:40 PM
Yes to AE. Their sizes start @ 26. Aeropostale has smaller sizes as well.

sariana
03-13-2020, 12:51 AM
DS wears size 18 slims from Old Navy and also likes the Denizen brand by Levi's from Target. They come in men's sizing, and he wears a 29/32. I think there might be size 28s too, but I'm not sure. It's hard to find anything less than a 30, so I was excited to discover that Denizen came in smaller waist sizes but with a longer leg length (even in B & M stores). DS always liked Denizen in the boys sizes too.

GaPeach_in_Ca
03-13-2020, 09:03 AM
We've had good luck with the Levi's 511/513 jeans, which are slim fit.
My son is in 30x34, which seems to be an uncommon size. Darn legs keep growing! 🤪

hellokitty
03-13-2020, 02:34 PM
We have had luck with Lucky jeans. Also, IDK if you are close to a meijer, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the brand that they carry (some sort of generic brand) fit my skinny teens really well. Old navy has been another option as well.

KrisM
03-13-2020, 09:14 PM
We have had luck with Lucky jeans. Also, IDK if you are close to a meijer, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the brand that they carry (some sort of generic brand) fit my skinny teens really well. Old navy has been another option as well.

My kid wears the 28" waist skinny jeans that are Meijer brand. Not bad of a fit and better than other things we've found. Cheap too.

calebsmama03
03-14-2020, 08:23 AM

Same. AE, Aeropostale and H&M all have smaller sizes and slimmer cuts.

elbenn
03-14-2020, 10:24 AM
This isn't a helpful reply because I haven't bought jeans in that size, but are jeans popular for high school boys? DS1 and DS2 (middle school and elementary school) dislike jeans and almost no boys wear them in their schools. I am just wondering if they get popular again in high school or if it's a regional thing.

SnuggleBuggles
03-14-2020, 10:27 AM
This isn't a helpful reply because I haven't bought jeans in that size, but are jeans popular for high school boys? DS1 and DS2 (middle school and elementary school) dislike jeans and almost no boys wear them in their schools. I am just wondering if they get popular again in high school or if it's a regional thing.

Mine was all about athletic pants in freshman year having come from a school uniform of khakis. Somewhere in sophomore year he started to care more about appearance and, to him, jeans are dressier. ;) So, he still wears athletic style pants but mixes in jeans too. (he has actual dressy clothes too....lots of them!)

bcafe
03-14-2020, 12:19 PM
My kid hit HS and amazingly...he became more "fashion" conscious. He wore athletic shorts and pants daily from 4th grade through 8th. He despised how jeans felt, but now he has more pairs of jeans than I have. (He is an athlete too)

hellokitty
03-14-2020, 02:06 PM
My kid wears the 28" waist skinny jeans that are Meijer brand. Not bad of a fit and better than other things we've found. Cheap too.

Yup, it is hard to find 28" waist, I feel like meijer is my little secret, lol. Glad you've discovered it too. I remember it being a total whim, I happened to have one of my sons with me, so he was able to try them on at the store. Unfortunately, my other teen who is even older than the one who got the meijer jeans has a waist of 26" and old navy has basically been all that we could find to fit him. I jokingly told him that I'd put him in tights or leggings, he is so skinny, he got those genes from my mom and brother, I got my dad's fat genes.

KrisM
03-14-2020, 05:27 PM
Yup, it is hard to find 28" waist, I feel like meijer is my little secret, lol. Glad you've discovered it too. I remember it being a total whim, I happened to have one of my sons with me, so he was able to try them on at the store. Unfortunately, my other teen who is even older than the one who got the meijer jeans has a waist of 26" and old navy has basically been all that we could find to fit him. I jokingly told him that I'd put him in tights or leggings, he is so skinny, he got those genes from my mom and brother, I got my dad's fat genes.

I'll have to try Old Navy, too. The 28 is a little loose on him, really. He does not get his super skinniness from me :(.

KrisM
03-14-2020, 05:28 PM
DS1 wore athletic pants all through middle school, but shortly into 9th grade, made the switch to jeans. Now he only wears non-jeans when he's home.