PDA

View Full Version : Car accident

BabyDahl
03-13-2020, 11:50 AM
My husband was rear ended with the baby in the car. He was stopped, the car that hit him was estimated to be going 20-25 mph and is at fault. The damage is strictly cosmetic, no airbag deployment, no injuries.

Question is do we need to replace the infant carseat? I'm not sure how aggressive to be since it's unlikely the foam or plastic on the base was damaged.

Recs? TIA.

Edit: Thanks all, you guys are awesome! Replacement has already shipped.

mikala
03-13-2020, 11:52 AM
Yes, I'd replace it. The other insurance company should do it without many questions, especially since baby was in the car.

SnuggleBuggles
03-13-2020, 12:01 PM
Absolutely. And it shouldn’t even be questioned by insurance. We’ve btdt and they had us buy a new one and send in the receipt for reimbursement.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

KpbS
03-13-2020, 12:02 PM
Yes
Contact your insurance agency and I’m sure they’ll need a copy of the accident report, etc.

SnuggleBuggles
03-13-2020, 12:10 PM
Yes
Contact your insurance agency and I’m sure they’ll need a copy of the accident report, etc.

You don’t need to go through your agent if the other is at fault. We’ve also never had s police report done when in fender benders (up to 3 now- never at fault ourselves like parked car or rear ended at a light or in traffic!). I know things vary by state but I’d start with the at fault driver’s insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

marymoo86
03-13-2020, 12:19 PM
Generally yes - depends on your carseat mfrs guidelines. I know Chicco states ANY accident. Happened to me and DH at differing times. No issues getting the seats replaced.

BabyDahl
03-13-2020, 01:12 PM
Thanks all. I ordered a replacement right after the accident because I wasn't sure and didn't want to be without a seat this weekend. Thank you all for validating!

doberbrat
03-13-2020, 03:40 PM
I'm glad no one was hurt!

Maybe its time to update your siggy? :love-retry:

BabyDahl
03-13-2020, 08:42 PM
Maybe its time to update your siggy? :love-retry:

Haha yes, it probably is time!