PDA

View Full Version : Another school question

hbridge
03-15-2020, 09:43 AM
If your child's school is open, would you send them?

For reference, this is a very small school with about 100 people (students & staff) in the building on a full day.

SnuggleBuggles
03-15-2020, 09:51 AM
No. I think the best thing for everyone to do is separate.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

hbridge
03-15-2020, 10:43 AM
Would it influence your decision if this was a school for suicidal teens?

SnuggleBuggles
03-15-2020, 10:49 AM

Yes. If that is the best environment for them- support, community...then I think I would send them

trales
03-15-2020, 10:51 AM
If everyone who can isolate, does, then we minimize the risk for those who cannot. Sounds like the kids at this school need this service, this is a venerable population, so I would put this in the category of needs to go on.

marymoo86
03-15-2020, 10:57 AM
I would even if not a vulnerable population.

The yahoos here aren't following social distancing and dragging kids everyone, texting for playdates, etc. Park playgrounds are busy. Seems pointless for school to even be closed.

KrisM
03-15-2020, 11:11 AM

This is why I picked maybe. If it's this, or special needs where changing a routine is extremely difficult, then I would. For most though, I'd keep them home at this point.

hbridge
03-15-2020, 05:42 PM
Thanks... Just got the message that school is cancelled this week.

bisous
03-15-2020, 05:54 PM
Thanks... Just got the message that school is cancelled this week.

Oh I’m sorry. It sounds like this will be a hardship for you guys, more than for most of us! Here’s hoping for a good week notwithstanding!

hbridge
03-16-2020, 07:05 PM
Oh I’m sorry. It sounds like this will be a hardship for you guys, more than for most of us! Here’s hoping for a good week notwithstanding!

I am hopeful that my child will be okay for at least the first week. We are hoping to hear from school soon to get some supports in place.

The unknown and the lack of structure is the the best thing for the vulnerable populations!

smilequeen
03-16-2020, 07:09 PM

Yes. Under those circumstances. My teens mental health would come above just about anything else. I'd just be even more vigilant about practices at home and staying home outside of school hours.

PZMommy
03-16-2020, 07:11 PM
I would even if not a vulnerable population.

The yahoos here aren't following social distancing and dragging kids everyone, texting for playdates, etc. Park playgrounds are busy. Seems pointless for school to even be closed.

Sounds like your city/state needs to put stricter rules in place. My state is starting to go into lockdown. The northern part of the state is, and most things here in the south are closed, with further closing expected soon.

JustMe
03-16-2020, 07:33 PM
No. 100 people is a lot at a time like this! Also, I am concerned about children who can have little to no symptoms and be carriers.

Liziz
03-16-2020, 08:08 PM
I'm sorry to hear the school decided to close. I would have voted to send, given the nature of the school. P&PT for you and your DC as you navigate this all.