PDA

View Full Version : Tiny COVID whine

bisous
03-15-2020, 05:28 PM
Hey, we’ve got it pretty good right now. We don’t know anyone hospitalized. DH and I can work from home. Kids are happy.

Here’s my whine....I don’t feel right going to IKEA right now to buy a dresser. So all three boys clothes are in cardboard boxes on the floor. SUCH a small thing. It will likely get worse for our family in some way (though we hope not!) but it’s tough to be in the middle of project and not be able to do anything about it and then be stuck in that space indefinitely! We’ll get through it and it gives me loads of time to get other areas of my house all tidied up. Just had to share my frustration!

gatorsmom
03-15-2020, 05:38 PM
Hey, we’ve got it pretty good right now. We don’t know anyone hospitalized. DH and I can work from home. Kids are happy.

Here’s my whine....I don’t feel right going to IKEA right now to buy a dresser. So all three boys clothes are in cardboard boxes on the floor. SUCH a small thing. It will likely get worse for our family in some way (though we hope not!) but it’s tough to be in the middle of project and not be able to do anything about it and then be stuck in that space indefinitely! We’ll get through it and it gives me loads of time to get other areas of my house all tidied up. Just had to share my frustration!

I understand. It’s frustrating to be stuck mid-project like that. But I bet your boys don’t care. Heck, my oldest 2 boys have most of their clothes on the floor anyway! Does Ikea allow you to purchase online and then pick it up at their door? It’s been a long time since I shopped an IKEA so I don’t remember if that’s a possibility. Seems a shame that with all those able hands around you can’t make some progress on your project.

doberbrat
03-15-2020, 05:45 PM
Could you get something off craigslist/freecycle, wipe it down and then get rid of it when the threat passes?

tbh, our family frequently lives out of hampers :bag

hbridge
03-15-2020, 05:49 PM
I totally understand. We are finally ready to order a new refrigerator! I am calling tomorrow to see what they say, but I have a feeling it will be many months!

essnce629
03-15-2020, 11:36 PM
Ikea delivers, but I'm not sure how much it costs.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk

Myira
03-16-2020, 12:15 AM
Ikea delivers, but I'm not sure how much it costs.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk

Ikea local delivery isn’t that pricey if I remember right.

I think they also have a order online and pick up in store option, but that would still require you to go there physically to pick it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)