PDA

View Full Version : Are you buying anything to help deal with the confinement?

bisous
03-18-2020, 04:55 PM
I have not bought anything special yet to deal with what appears might be weeks of being at the home.

I’ve considered getting amazon prime.

I’ve considered buying a jungle gym/swing set.

I’ve considered signing up for Beach Body or some other home exercise program.

Maybe a subscription? Like audible?

What about you?

Melaine
03-18-2020, 04:59 PM
If we had a fence I would probably get a trampoline but DH is kind of against it and without a fence doesn’t seem safe.

robinsmommy
03-18-2020, 05:02 PM
We have not had any kind of media subscription. We have Disney+ now, Apple Music on trial, and will consider Netflix later to spread things out a bit.

I also ordered comfy noise-blocking headphones so the noise doesn’t drive me nuts.

mmsmom
03-18-2020, 05:06 PM
I downloaded the Peloton app which is free for next 90 days. There are a few classes you can do w/o bike or treadmill. I am debating buying the Peloton. I ordered some exercise bands. I wanted to get some more weights so DS and I can do some workouts together but they are all sold out on Amazon. I guess everyone is gearing up their home gyms.

carolinamama
03-18-2020, 05:09 PM
We have a ping pong table in our garage. It's usually folded and stashed along the sides since we like to park our cars in there. Since we aren't really going anywhere, our cars are out and we set up the table and cornhole for the kids. It's almost new as it's never available to them. It's amazing how much time they have spent out there. I'm considering a ninja course set for our backyard. We have a slack line that the kids like so this would be an extension of it. Already have Prime, Audible and Netflix but thinking of canceling Direct TV since we only have it so DH can watch whatever sports he wants.

I need more building type sets for my boys. They each put together a Lego Architecture set over the last two days leftover from Christmas. I can't continue to provide them at that rate, but maybe every few weeks would be nice.

smilequeen
03-18-2020, 05:27 PM
I subscribed to a meal kit and we are looking at additions to our exercise room is my oldest won’t be able to go to the gym for a while.

pinkmomagain
03-18-2020, 05:31 PM
Would really like to get a Peloton....Worried about the guy assembling it in the house....but really want it....

georgiegirl
03-18-2020, 05:45 PM
I bought a slackline for the kids. It’s 48 and raining so we haven’t used it yet. I also bought activity books for my boys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jgenie
03-18-2020, 05:50 PM
Thankfully we had Christmas followed by birthdays so my kids still have gifts they haven’t opened. They’re working through those this week. If they finish those, I have a well stocked gift closet courtesy of BBB deals and favorites. I also have Lego sets and books I’ve purchased on sale along the way. I think we’ll be fine for a while. Weather has warmed up here so I made a point of getting their bikes out and we’re biking every day for an hour. It really helps to break up the day.

gatorsmom
03-18-2020, 05:53 PM
I’ve considered adding another streaming service (we currently have Amazon Prime and Netflix only), but I don’t want the kids watching too much tv. We purchased a couple of movies last night that we will undoubtedly rewatch a bunch of times. There are so many other things that could be accomplished and finished around the house. Those could easily keep the family busy. Otherwise, the kids pulled out some old puzzles and I just received an order of crafts for my girls group. Maybe I’ll bring those out for the kids. I can’t picture my 16yo motor-head, DS learning to weave a basket though!

niccig
03-18-2020, 06:13 PM
We’re not making any big purchases. Production has been halted on many shows and eventually that will affect amount of work DH will get. We have plenty of subscriptions, so I think we’ll see how we go before getting anything new

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

craftysierra
03-18-2020, 06:22 PM
We have bought new chairs for kids desks and new headphones. Seed starting supplies including lights since we can't just use the windows in the North East.

mommy111
03-18-2020, 06:26 PM
We're going to work on cooking lessons here

o_mom
03-18-2020, 06:33 PM
No major purchases, but we may need to increase our internet speed. With all 5 of us working/learning from home now, it was noticeably slower today (I was WFH prior to this).

MSWR0319
03-18-2020, 06:53 PM
No plans for purchases. DH is in mourning over our stock losses right now, so he's tightened the reigns (and he's the spender in our house!)

Tenasparkl
03-18-2020, 06:59 PM
Nothing yet other than adding Hello Fresh back. I'm waiting for UPS with my delivery right now!

essnce629
03-18-2020, 07:09 PM
No major purchases, but we may need to increase our internet speed. With all 5 of us working/learning from home now, it was noticeably slower today (I was WFH prior to this).This is what DH looked into purchasing on day 2 of working from home! For now, he's decided he doesn't want to pay for us. I wish he would though since we have 5 of us here now since my mom is here too.

We already have Amazon Prime, YouTube TV, Netflix, Hulu, and Audible.

We have a pool which has been a godsend. We've been hanging out in the jacuzzi almost daily.

DH has a gym set up in our garage with a rowing machine, power rack and bench, and lots of free weights.

The only thing I've bought is the Throw Throw Burrito game for DS2, a 500 piece puzzle for the family to work on, and an adult extreme paint by number for myself to work on while my mom does the one I got her for Christmas.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk

bisous
03-18-2020, 07:15 PM
This is what DH looked into purchasing on day 2 of working from home! For now, he's decided he doesn't want to pay for us. I wish he would though since we have 5 of us here now since my mom is here too.

We already have Amazon Prime, YouTube TV, Netflix, Hulu, and Audible.

We have a pool which has been a godsend. We've been hanging out in the jacuzzi almost daily.

DH has a gym set up in our garage with a rowing machine, power rack and bench, and lots of free weights.

The only thing I've bought is the Throw Throw Burrito game for DS2, a 500 piece puzzle for the family to work on, and an adult extreme paint by number for myself to work on while my mom does the one I got her for Christmas.

A pool is on my wish list. It will never happen in my current situation but boy would it make this more bearable!!

bisous
03-18-2020, 07:18 PM
This is just fun for me to read. I think I might want a new mouse for the computer. I actually could probably do with a new computer of some sort! I work from home, and the kids' schools are looking into distance learning. I can't imagine the five of us sharing one computer! That would take some amazing scheduling! I have expressed my situation to the high school and the kids' charter schools. Maybe one or both will provide a chrome book for the kids to work on? I wouldn't be opposed to buying something cheap for them to work on. I think one more device would be a huge improvement!

o_mom
03-18-2020, 07:38 PM
We did buy a Chromebook from Costco for DS2. It was the Samsung 3 that they have for $129. It was $149 with tax and shipping. That is pretty cheap for one that will work for e-learning.

Otherwise he was going to have to be in the office with me and DS3 to use DH's desktop. This let's him work in his room.

niccig
03-18-2020, 07:47 PM
We're going to work on cooking lessons here

Same here. I have to cook more as we’re all home more, so I need helpers. I’ve been meaning to teach DS for awhile

MMMommy
03-18-2020, 07:47 PM
I’m really wanting a Peloton bike....

AnnieW625
03-18-2020, 07:57 PM
We were trying to save money by not having Hello Fresh, but I restarted it last week. I might try Marley Spoon as well to see how it compares to Hello Fresh.

Otherwise we haven’t really bought anything or plan on buying anything extra as we do have to sell our house eventually and if we end up having to pay our mortgage plus rent in August (if god forbid the housing market tanks due to this sequestration) then we are really going to be thinking through every purchase so I don’t want to get in the habit of buying stuff now and not being a good saver before then.

I would love a Peleton as well but I don’t have room for it in my current house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elbenn
03-18-2020, 08:12 PM
I bought a soccer goal for our backyard. I also subscribed to Kindle Unlimited.

Tenasparkl
03-18-2020, 08:14 PM

Our soccer goal may be the most used item we own! Every time the second grader says he's bored I remind him that he can play soccer.

Tenasparkl
03-18-2020, 08:15 PM
We did buy a Chromebook from Costco for DS2. It was the Samsung 3 that they have for $129. It was $149 with tax and shipping. That is pretty cheap for one that will work for e-learning.

Otherwise he was going to have to be in the office with me and DS3 to use DH's desktop. This let's him work in his room.

Ooh, thanks! I may need to get this for DS.

elbenn
03-18-2020, 08:16 PM
Would really like to get a Peloton....Worried about the guy assembling it in the house....but really want it....

I was debating getting a Peloton last year but wasn't sure if I would use it enough to justify the cost. I bought this instead (so much cheaper) and it can be used with the Peloton app--you just need to buy cadence and distance trackers. I did quite a bit of research to try to get the most "Peloton-like" bike.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078F12DPL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mom2binsd
03-18-2020, 08:19 PM
Nope, I may lose all my income if they send our therapy home from work. I'm looking at listing a whole lot of things for sale, even if they can't be sold right away.

My boyfriend shared his Hulu login so we have more streaming options, he has my direct TV login, sharing things like that can help.

If you have family or friends you can offer to share and also borrow (wipe down) toys and games too.

If you are in a warm climate bike riding is perfect (so buying a used bike by looking on next door etc).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BDKmom
03-18-2020, 08:20 PM
I bought a big set of perler beads for my kids. My 7-yr-old DD had been asking for them recently, so I thought it would be a good time to get them. My DS, who is 10, wasn’t interested at first, but then he figured out he can make Minecraft figures with them. He has made a whole set of Minecraft inspired things. Kept them both occupied yesterday afternoon and most of today.

We also needed another mouse. We have two laptops, but one is really old and we don’t use it much, so we just took that mouse when we got a new laptop. But with both kids doing digital learning, we need another mouse. They have been sharing pretty well the past couple of days, but it would be easier if we had another one. Also, I’m not sure how long their good attitudes are going to last before it turns into something they argue over.

elbenn
03-18-2020, 08:21 PM
Here's a game that we got that has been fun--beware though that it has a lot of potty humor:

https://www.amazon.com/Kids-Against-Maturity-Original-Humanity/dp/B076PRWVFG/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=kids+against+maturity&qid=1584577056&sr=8-4

I don't have this one but it looks really fun:

https://www.amazon.com/Absurdity-Questions-Answers-Quality-Playing/dp/B01M3UZGD9/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=kids+against+maturity&qid=1584577102&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyOFpUNFc4Q1pEUlRUJ mVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTU0NjcyMTJUNVZPVEdWSEVaNyZlbmN yeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzc5MzQwMUYzS1hBSVk2UDdUUCZ3aWRnZ XROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05 vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

marymoo86
03-18-2020, 08:23 PM
Agility ladder for DD1 who is crazy about tennis to help with footwork.

bisous
03-18-2020, 08:39 PM
School has been declared out until May 4th now for all my kids. The charter school is providing iPads so we’re set for distance learning!

AnnieW625
03-18-2020, 08:42 PM

I wish they would give two months free to current subscribers.

Liziz
03-18-2020, 08:46 PM
Only thing I've bought so far is a computer mouse (we don't have one at all right now -- just used the pad on the laptop). With DD using the computer some for school, she requested it.

Also not exactly for the confinement, but I did also hear rumblings about Amazon limiting it's non-essentials stock, so I went ahead and ordered the BluRay I was planning to get for the girls for Easter. I don't want to go searching at stores for it and I'm not confident we'll be over social distancing by Easter time.

mikala
03-18-2020, 08:57 PM
I got a computer mouse for kid schoolwork, some diamond art kits, and a couple board games and supplies for a time intensive home improvement project. We will need more printer paper and ink soon at our current rate. So much paper for school.

ang79
03-18-2020, 11:45 PM
I bought a slackline for the kids. It’s 48 and raining so we haven’t used it yet. I also bought activity books for my boys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was thinking about getting one for the girls to use outside, we have a big yard, though it is not completely flat, so would that be an issue (gentle downward slop, but some areas more flat than others)? DD2 is a bit of a klutz so I thought maybe she could learn some balance from it! Can you link which one you got or do others have recommendations?

ang79
03-18-2020, 11:54 PM
A few weeks ago DD2 and I bought a bunch of art kits and supplies at AC Moore because of the awesome going out of business sales they were having. The girls like to make gifts for all the extended family members for Christmas so we tried to buy stuff that we can use for that, maybe we will get an early start! I also might have stocked up on yarn for loom knitting........ The girls do have some art kits they got for Christmas that haven't been opened yet, and we have lots of puzzles we haven't done yet. They love to play games, either just together or whole family, so I'm sure we will do that. DD2 does have some toys from her birthday that have not seen a lot of play yet that I think she is planning on getting out tomorrow. They asked DH where our old Wii is that they haven't played in at least 3 years, will try to get that set up this weekend to use on rainy days. So far they do not have required school work to do yet, but I have been making them do educational websites, reading, and instrument practice each day for a little bit. Then we go for a long walk together around the neighborhood. They sometimes like to do workout videos or yoga videos with me too. And I told them they are each responsible for planning and cooking (with my help if needed) a dinner each once a week to help me with the cooking load. We made lists on Monday of things we need to get done around the house and also activities that we want to do, so we are currently working through those lists.

DH started working from home today. If this turns into a longer time at home than just 2 weeks, he may invest in a second computer monitor and get a sim card and plan for one of our older cell phones so that he can use that instead of his personal number for work calls. Other than that we will be trying to save on costs since my job as a substitute teacher is gone until school is back in session in buildings.

DualvansMommy
03-19-2020, 12:29 AM
This is just fun for me to read. I think I might want a new mouse for the computer. I actually could probably do with a new computer of some sort! I work from home, and the kids' schools are looking into distance learning. I can't imagine the five of us sharing one computer! That would take some amazing scheduling! I have expressed my situation to the high school and the kids' charter schools. Maybe one or both will provide a chrome book for the kids to work on? I wouldn't be opposed to buying something cheap for them to work on. I think one more device would be a huge improvement!

I think you should invest a chromebook or some other fairly inexpensive set up. Granny bought DS1 his chromebook from Costco as his xmas present, and while he didn’t use it that much thus far.

Until now with his virtual learning, so thankful for that! As I’m using my iPad for my kindergarten to use his google links send from his teachers, virtual read out loud books, and virtual zoo’s this week. It’s been mostly hands on writing, hands on learning for my K son, but I was surprised from his simple day to day learning activities from his teacher, they use google links a lot!!

So i say one other laptop or the like would be really helpful for your other older kid, and you can get your younger ones get by with hands on learning.

To answer your question; apart from the chrome-book, I’m considering getting a better bike for my 6.5 year old. He got the hand me down from his older brother, and is ready for a better quality one so he can start to keep up with his brother. With the forced lockdown, we’ve been going on runs more often, like 2x a day when it’s nice out that I do, while oldest rides his bike, youngest scooting cuz it’s faster for him to keep up with us. And maybe adding Hulu subscription, but that would be really just for myself though...so, not sure as I already have Netflix, amazon prime, and some of cable channels.

Oh, misfit subscription box for fresh vegetables. I think that’ll come in quite useful if this lockdown will be continued, which I feel it will, so I can just focus on getting bread, milk, OJ, pretzel snacks, and some of the meat. Farmer market will take care of fresh fruit, most meat, and some vegetables. I already subscribe to kiwi box for the kids, which came in so so useful! I started it after Xmas with Feb as our 1st month to get their box, and just got it this week which will be used as their science assignment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ahisma
03-19-2020, 09:52 AM

We have one. Love it. They deliver it assembled, but you could easily do it yourself.

pinkmomagain
03-19-2020, 09:54 AM
I was debating getting a Peloton last year but wasn't sure if I would use it enough to justify the cost. I bought this instead (so much cheaper) and it can be used with the Peloton app--you just need to buy cadence and distance trackers. I did quite a bit of research to try to get the most "Peloton-like" bike.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078F12DPL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks -- Just pulled the trigger on the Peloton. Yikes! We just got refunded a good amount of $ on events that have been cancelled due to the virus -- and we'll reduce some of our studio memberships to cover the costs. Hopefully we'll remain healthy enough to use it!

Melaine
03-19-2020, 09:55 AM
I was thinking about getting one for the girls to use outside, we have a big yard, though it is not completely flat, so would that be an issue (gentle downward slop, but some areas more flat than others)? DD2 is a bit of a klutz so I thought maybe she could learn some balance from it! Can you link which one you got or do others have recommendations?

We love our slackline. It's gotten a ton of use especially from the girls (13). You definitely need one with a guide line, but other than that I think they are pretty comparable.

georgiegirl
03-19-2020, 09:58 AM

I purchased this on

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LZWDIPM?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

smilequeen
03-19-2020, 11:43 AM

As long as you have trees that work, it should be great. We have the ninja set. My younger 2 love it. It’s one of these with some added accessories

https://b4adventure.com/collections/slackers/products/ninjaline™-56-intro-kit

diamond
03-19-2020, 12:29 PM
As long as you have trees that work, it should be great. We have the ninja set. My younger 2 love it. It’s one of these with some added accessories

https://b4adventure.com/collections/slackers/products/ninjaline™-56-intro-kit

My kids would love a slackline but we have no trees in our backyard at all can it be used without trees?

klwa
03-19-2020, 12:48 PM
Does a new toilet count? :) DH asked what I want for my birthday, so I sent him a link to a GOOD toilet that should handle the clogs much better than our builder grade one. He ordered it yesterday!

KrisM
03-19-2020, 01:11 PM
Does a new toilet count? :) DH asked what I want for my birthday, so I sent him a link to a GOOD toilet that should handle the clogs much better than our builder grade one. He ordered it yesterday!

What did you get? Ours are awful and I did ask for a toilet for my birthday, too! Not sure what to get though. This would be a great time to do it!

Otherwise, we've ordered a few small things - filament for the 3D printer, some ribbon and elastic for DD's sewing projects. I need something for DS2 maybe?

twowhat?
03-19-2020, 01:20 PM
What did you get? Ours are awful and I did ask for a toilet for my birthday, too! Not sure what to get though. This would be a great time to do it!

Otherwise, we've ordered a few small things - filament for the 3D printer, some ribbon and elastic for DD's sewing projects. I need something for DS2 maybe?

We have 2 Toto Drakes and 2 Toto something-similar-to-the-Drake-but-fancier-style toilets in our house. The previous owner already had 3 of them installed, and we loved them so much that we got our 4th one for a bathroom addition. They are the 1.6g/flush ADA-height elongated bowl toilets. They are EXCELLENT toilets with good powerful flushes. And then I'd add a toilet auger to the list...we have only had a couple of clogs (related to kids using too much TP with poop) with our Toto toilets in several years, and the toilet auger will save you $$ on a plumber every time!

SASM
03-19-2020, 02:03 PM
We already have Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+.

We have a trampoline that my kids are using again.

I need to set up our ping pong table.

We do have a crappy spin bike, a bench, and free weights. I bought some fitness books to use along with Streaming fitness videos that are in the above services. We all have bikes & dogs to walk.

We have an embarrassingly large collection of card/board games and puzzles that my kids do not touch. I just bought something called “Kids Against Maturity.” I hope they revisit our game cabinet because I love board games!!

We’ve been cooking A LOT more than usual. 😊 DD1 made homemade pasta the other night...I made a quick sauce. She also made mini apple pies this past weekend. We definitely need to keep up the activities!!

We shall see...

I really want a NordiTrack Treadmill with the travel video tv screen thing.

athompson
03-19-2020, 02:11 PM
We adopted a cat last week I am so glad that we did! He's hilarious and we all love him. The dog still isn't sure about him.

hellokitty
03-19-2020, 04:03 PM
My husband is thinking about subscribing to some channels (ie: showtime) for access to some series.

However, we already have amazon prime and netflix, so I think that's overkill. Our internet has definitely been slower.

lizzywednesday
03-19-2020, 05:10 PM
DH ordered a bread machine.

I'll let you guys know how it goes with the first loaf.

PunkyBoo
03-19-2020, 05:12 PM
My kids are home and DH and I are still working full time at workplaces. My kdis are supposed to be doing school assignments, but my DS2 has ADHD and is not an independent worker so it's just not getting done. I'm thinkng of getting a "pindaloo" for them to play with, as well as maybe a new game (I'm thinking Qwixx). The blogger Mommyfessionals had a good post of new items her kids would like, and those were on her list and looked like things my kids would like. I'd already bought a few new puzzles and I started one of them with DS2 but it's HARD so he's not very interested in it without me. We already have a fire stick/ prime/ disney plus, and they're loving that. DH is worried that if his work stops, he might not get paid for very long, so we are being cautious. Especially since DS1 will be needing a car in the fall...

KrisM
03-19-2020, 08:05 PM
We have 2 Toto Drakes and 2 Toto something-similar-to-the-Drake-but-fancier-style toilets in our house. The previous owner already had 3 of them installed, and we loved them so much that we got our 4th one for a bathroom addition. They are the 1.6g/flush ADA-height elongated bowl toilets. They are EXCELLENT toilets with good powerful flushes. And then I'd add a toilet auger to the list...we have only had a couple of clogs (related to kids using too much TP with poop) with our Toto toilets in several years, and the toilet auger will save you $$ on a plumber every time!

Thanks. I will look at those and see if it's good with DH to go ahead and order one. Technically he's working, but his drive time is shorter and there is the weekend :).

We haven't needed a plumber, but they get clogged way too much. DH is good with the plunger.

niccig
03-19-2020, 09:44 PM
And DH’s 9 year old lap top isn’t working well and last time we were told they couldn’t repair it as no parts.So we’re getting a new laptop for him. Knew it was going to happen.

marinkitty
03-19-2020, 09:49 PM
We ordered a ping pong table (have been planning to do so, this just escalated our time frame), an extra gaming headset for the basement, and a Disney Plus membership. I foresee a few more purchases - we are not workout at home people but now that the gym, yoga studio and sports are canceled we will need to get a few things to use at home. And I'm sure we will order some crafting items, books and games. Thank goodness for online access to shopping.

WatchingThemGrow
03-19-2020, 09:52 PM
We got new running shoes so we could walk with kids and protect our knees/hips since we're old.

bisous
03-19-2020, 09:59 PM
We got new running shoes so we could walk with kids and protect our knees/hips since we're old.

I was JUST going to post here that DH really needs new athletic shoes. We never buy athletic shoes online—how do we do this? Pointedly—where can we buy them that has an amazing return policy!

KpbS
03-19-2020, 10:13 PM
I was JUST going to post here that DH really needs new athletic shoes. We never buy athletic shoes online—how do we do this? Pointedly—where can we buy them that has an amazing return policy!

I've bought from Academy Sports online and returned in store. I would buy the same brand and size as he has had before as it is more likely to fit well.

KpbS
03-19-2020, 10:15 PM
Not anticipating buying anything new! Bought 2 new tires today for ~$450. Decreased income is fairly discouraging for new purchases. :cry:

roobee
03-19-2020, 10:36 PM
So far I've purchased at Nintendo Switch and the Ring Fit Adventure game for my kids. I also bought a spin bike for me. Next up is probably some paint for my kitchen and living room. Spending money is probably a terrible idea, but it's helping me feel sane right now.

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk

jgenie
03-19-2020, 10:40 PM
We ordered a ping pong table (have been planning to do so, this just escalated our time frame), an extra gaming headset for the basement, and a Disney Plus membership. I foresee a few more purchases - we are not workout at home people but now that the gym, yoga studio and sports are canceled we will need to get a few things to use at home. And I'm sure we will order some crafting items, books and games. Thank goodness for online access to shopping.

Which ping pong table did you decide on? We’re in the market bu haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

SnuggleBuggles
03-19-2020, 11:09 PM

Nordstrom.
I know they are pricey but Brooks have been great for us. Money well spent. I’ve logged many miles in mine (I never follow that “rule” about replacing after x miles).

SnuggleBuggles
03-19-2020, 11:10 PM
Which ping pong table did you decide on? We’re in the market bu haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Not who you asked but we got this one for Christmas from Amazon. STIGA Advantage Competition-Ready Indoor Table Tennis Table 95% Preassembled Out of the Box with Easy Attach and Remove Net

SnuggleBuggles
03-19-2020, 11:12 PM
So far I've purchased at Nintendo Switch and the Ring Fit Adventure game for my kids. I also bought a spin bike for me. Next up is probably some paint for my kitchen and living room. Spending money is probably a terrible idea, but it's helping me feel sane right now.

Where did you find Ring Fit? I have had no luck!!

roobee
03-19-2020, 11:17 PM
Where did you find Ring Fit? I have had no luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)I saw a demo at Target for the Ring Fit a few weeks ago and it looked super cool so I threw it in my cart. I bought the Switch on Monday to go with the game. Probably a backward way of doing things. I had a hard time tracking the Switch down, those are sold out at a lot of places.

marinkitty
03-19-2020, 11:53 PM

We got this one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JMTDZ5Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

WatchingThemGrow
03-20-2020, 02:08 AM

We went to a small local chain. We went early on Sat. and we were the o my ones there. They said they are taking appointments starting shortly. My favorite running shoes changed so I had to get something totally different. I ended up with Hoka One One Bondi, and DH got a Brooks. Their coupons And return policy seemed nice, but it was great to try out different shoes.

klwa
03-20-2020, 06:55 AM

I can't remember if I asked him to order the Toto Drake or the Toto Drake II, partially based on the comments I've seen here on those. :) He rolled his eyes last night when he told me my birthday present had shipped. Then asked if I wanted him to wrap it in toilet paper.

KrisM
03-20-2020, 09:31 AM
I can't remember if I asked him to order the Toto Drake or the Toto Drake II, partially based on the comments I've seen here on those. :) He rolled his eyes last night when he told me my birthday present had shipped. Then asked if I wanted him to wrap it in toilet paper.

Haha. I didn't see the Drake II on the Toto site. Hopefully both are good. Can't be worse than what we have.

Melaine
03-20-2020, 10:36 AM
Nordstrom.
I know they are pricey but Brooks have been great for us. Money well spent. I’ve logged many miles in mine (I never follow that “rule” about replacing after x miles).

I saw some Brooks on clearance at NordstromRack.com FYI. I've also heard good things about those. They have some good sales right now!

NCGrandma
03-20-2020, 10:56 AM
I don’t think anyone has yet mentioned loading up a Kindle with lots of books now, in case there are intermittent issues with internet access. I just downloaded a bunch, including Kindle Unlimited books, a few purchases, and some digital library books. (These have the added advantage, over physical library books, of not requiring disinfecting!)

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

mmsmom
03-20-2020, 11:12 AM
For those like me thinking of a Peloton- I see on their website they are doing contactless delivery. They will deliver assembled but then you have to move inside (takes 2 people).

mikala
03-20-2020, 11:21 AM
I saw a demo at Target for the Ring Fit a few weeks ago and it looked super cool so I threw it in my cart. I bought the Switch on Monday to go with the game. Probably a backward way of doing things. I had a hard time tracking the Switch down, those are sold out at a lot of places.

I'm looking for a ring fit too! They sold out in China during the initial virus round and now people are selling them for insane prices hoarded sanitizer style here :(

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/m7q448/people-are-driving-for-hours-and-paying-hundreds-ring-fit

mm123
03-20-2020, 11:33 AM
For those like me thinking of a Peloton- I see on their website they are doing contactless delivery. They will deliver assembled but then you have to move inside (takes 2 people).

Even if you don’t have the Peleton bike, I saw that they’ve extended their free trial membership to 90 days. You can download the app and have access to tons of workouts- yoga, Cardio, boot camp, etc. Many of the workouts don’t require a bike or treadmill.

roobee
03-20-2020, 11:41 AM
Even if you don’t have the Peleton bike, I saw that they’ve extended their free trial membership to 90 days. You can download the app and have access to tons of workouts- yoga, Cardio, boot camp, etc. Many of the workouts don’t require a bike or treadmill.This is why I bought a spin bike ($270 from Target). I'm going to download the Peloton app for the free trial. I've been thinking about doing this for months and finally ordered the bike last night.

carolinacool
03-20-2020, 12:06 PM
My neighbor works at an office furniture store. We talked to her last night and she said they have been crazy busy with people coming in to buy office chairs, desks, etc., for working at home.

JBaxter
03-20-2020, 12:09 PM
I bought ds4 (11) animal crossing for his switch. I don’t expect to see him allllll day

MommyAllison
03-20-2020, 01:23 PM
I bought some new workout programs from Fitness Blender, because they were 70% off (!) and I know I will use them over and over, including during this confinement. Planning to start the Low Impact 2 program on Monday, hopefully with my kids!

Other than that, nothing so far. I need to get some nicer acrylic paint supplies so we can take advantage of all of the free art resources out there right now. Thinking about pulling the trigger on something like this https://www.amazon.com/GSE-Games-Sports-Expert-Retractable/dp/B07957CWK3/ref=pd_sbs_200_2/139-8702187-9421428?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B079LV4ZY4&pd_rd_r=77deafdd-7a5b-4e14-aa85-dc22269c74b3&pd_rd_w=EPdMh&pd_rd_wg=5Fif4&pf_rd_p=c565d2a4-ebf7-4125-8048-300a86735fd9&pf_rd_r=F82PZ04AM8WKQ6J56X24&refRID=F82PZ04AM8WKQ6J56X24&th=1 as we have a giant rectangular dining table that would work perfectly for ping pong.

o_mom
03-20-2020, 01:28 PM

Just an update that this was delivered and really was a good call. Well made, gets good reviews and more than adequate for our e-learning.

If anyone is looking to add a device, this is about as cheap as you can get.

bisous
03-20-2020, 01:43 PM
Just an update that this was delivered and really was a good call. Well made, gets good reviews and more than adequate for our e-learning.

If anyone is looking to add a device, this is about as cheap as you can get.

That is an amazing price!

jgenie
03-20-2020, 02:15 PM
We got this one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JMTDZ5Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you!

jgenie
03-20-2020, 02:15 PM
Not who you asked but we got this one for Christmas from Amazon. STIGA Advantage Competition-Ready Indoor Table Tennis Table 95% Preassembled Out of the Box with Easy Attach and Remove Net

Thank you!

Gracemom
03-20-2020, 02:44 PM
Thinking about pulling the trigger on something like this https://www.amazon.com/GSE-Games-Sports-Expert-Retractable/dp/B07957CWK3/ref=pd_sbs_200_2/139-8702187-9421428?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B079LV4ZY4&pd_rd_r=77deafdd-7a5b-4e14-aa85-dc22269c74b3&pd_rd_w=EPdMh&pd_rd_wg=5Fif4&pf_rd_p=c565d2a4-ebf7-4125-8048-300a86735fd9&pf_rd_r=F82PZ04AM8WKQ6J56X24&refRID=F82PZ04AM8WKQ6J56X24&th=1 as we have a giant rectangular dining table that would work perfectly for ping pong.

We have that and it works great! Not exactly the same as a regular ping pong table but good enough for us.

niccig
03-20-2020, 03:00 PM
When DS was a baby I used cloth diapers and cloth wipes for him. I just bought a stack of baby cloth wipes thinking we can use them if can’t get TP, and I’ll wash them as I did when I cloth diapered. DH thinks it’s nuts, it’s a just in case scenario

roobee
03-20-2020, 03:57 PM
I bought 6 of those giant toilet paper rolls from a janitorial supply company. At least I hope I did, my order should be available for pick up on Wednesday.

Tenasparkl
03-20-2020, 04:46 PM
I bought ds4 (11) animal crossing for his switch. I don’t expect to see him allllll day

Same here but for my DD (also 11). She loves it so far!

essnce629
03-21-2020, 05:16 AM
Bought some more stuff today after surviving the week with all 5 of us here! I bought DS2 a large boat float for the pool, a poolside basketball hoop, and some waterproof card games. I bought 3 more 500 piece puzzles since we almost finished our first one tonight. I also bought a puzzle tray so we could build the puzzles on it and then easily move it off to table to eat, etc. I also bought the Pindaloo that someone else posted above and a string art kit, Perler bead kit, and a diamond paint by number kit for DS2. That should keep him busy for now! [emoji1693]

DH is thinking about maybe getting a standing desk converter for the desk in our bedroom since he's used to having one at work. He went into the office today and brought home his big computer monitor and laptop stand.

SnuggleBuggles
03-21-2020, 08:57 AM
Bought some more stuff today after surviving the week with all 5 of us here! I bought DS2 a large boat float for the pool, a poolside basketball hoop, and some waterproof card games. I bought 3 more 500 piece puzzles since we almost finished our first one tonight. I also bought a puzzle tray so we could build the puzzles on it and then easily move it off to table to eat, etc. I also bought the Pindaloo that someone else posted above and a string art kit, Perler bead kit, and a diamond paint by number kit for DS2. That should keep him busy for now! [emoji1693]

DH is thinking about maybe getting a standing desk converter for the desk in our bedroom since he's used to having one at work. He went into the office today and brought home his big computer monitor and laptop stand.

A pool (and warm weather to go with it) is my number 1 wish!! Sitting out poolside sounds like a great way to pass this period!!

SASM
03-21-2020, 09:55 AM
I don’t think anyone has yet mentioned loading up a Kindle with lots of books now, in case there are intermittent issues with internet access. I just downloaded a bunch, including Kindle Unlimited books, a few purchases, and some digital library books. (These have the added advantage, over physical library books, of not requiring disinfecting!)

Thank you for this reminder. We have two Kindle Paperwhites and a Nook Glowlight. We also have two Fires but I don't want the other stuff on there to be a distraction. I am going to buy another Paperwhite for my 17yo. He is such an avid reader but REALLY prefers physical books. Hoping he'll get used to it.

essnce629
03-21-2020, 04:05 PM
Thank you for this reminder. We have two Kindle Paperwhites and a Nook Glowlight. We also have two Fires but I don't want the other stuff on there to be a distraction. I am going to buy another Paperwhite for my 17yo. He is such an avid reader but REALLY prefers physical books. Hoping he'll get used to it.Yes, I'm so glad that both my kids have the new waterproof Kindle Paperwhites. They take them in the bath and jacuzzi!

smilequeen
03-21-2020, 04:51 PM
I just bought this thing for the basement. Call it an early Easter gift. They are excited to get it, although my older 2 finish spring break and start online learning Tuesday to fill 8-3.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z8BT3HM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

essnce629
03-21-2020, 05:51 PM
I just bought this thing for the basement. Call it an early Easter gift. They are excited to get it, although my older 2 finish spring break and start online learning Tuesday to fill 8-3.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z8BT3HM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nice! Wish we had space for something like that!

Gracemom
03-21-2020, 07:13 PM
My son has this over the door mini basketball hoop and it works really well. He dunks all the time and it has held up well. https://www.amazon.com/Spalding-Over-Door-Mini-Basketball/dp/B085T24NBH

theriviera
03-21-2020, 08:30 PM

We have this in our basement and the kids (and us!) love it.

carolinacool
03-21-2020, 09:27 PM
My son has this over the door mini basketball hoop and it works really well. He dunks all the time and it has held up well. https://www.amazon.com/Spalding-Over-Door-Mini-Basketball/dp/B085T24NBH

Agreed. My 10-year-old has had this for the last couple of years and loves it. It gets used every single day.

carolinacool
03-21-2020, 09:28 PM
Double post.

lizzywednesday
03-21-2020, 09:49 PM
I said I'd update on the bread machine, it works really well, although DD thinks it's loud ... and I want to know if there's an alert in the cycle that'll tell me when I should remove the paddle so it doesn't get baked into the loaf again.

ang79
03-21-2020, 10:00 PM
I said I'd update on the bread machine, it works really well, although DD thinks it's loud ... and I want to know if there's an alert in the cycle that'll tell me when I should remove the paddle so it doesn't get baked into the loaf again.

We decided to pull out our old bread machine yesterday (old Oster brand that was a hand me down for a family member). DD1 made a loaf for dinner. We usually use this recipe (I use 1/2 bread flour and 1/2 white flour, though want to try with whole wheat flour sometime). Love the smell of it baking!
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/21295/simply-white-bread-ii/

niccig
03-21-2020, 10:33 PM
We bake bread using the overnight rise no knead method.

DualvansMommy
03-21-2020, 10:39 PM
We decided to pull out our old bread machine yesterday (old Oster brand that was a hand me down for a family member). DD1 made a loaf for dinner. We usually use this recipe (I use 1/2 bread flour and 1/2 white flour, though want to try with whole wheat flour sometime). Love the smell of it baking!

I’m so tempted to get a bread machine! Especially now with so many bread shortage everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NCGrandma
03-21-2020, 11:06 PM

Me too! Very easy and tasty (and smells good while baking)! That’s on my to-do list for tomorrow.

ang79
03-21-2020, 11:55 PM

Please share!

gatorsmom
03-22-2020, 12:00 AM
Please share!

This is the recipe I use. It's really, really easy.

In a large bowl, whisk together:
3 Cups flour
1 ¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon Active Dry yeast

Add 1 ½ cup tap water. Stir until combined. The dough will be very sticky.

Cover with plastic wrap and leave on the counter overnight (12-18 hours). Keep the dough away from any cold drafts or it won’t rise.

When it’s time to bake, preheat the oven WITH the pot (and lid on it) inside oven to 450 degrees for 30 minutes (use a heavy pot- a dutch oven is ideal).

While preheating, dump dough onto a well- floured counter. It will be very sticky. Shape into sort of a ball with a floured spatula (or your hands).

Put dough into center of pot. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake 10-15 more minutes.

Take bread out and cool on wire rack or clean towel.

niccig
03-22-2020, 12:28 AM
This is the recipe I use. It's really, really easy.

In a large bowl, whisk together:
3 Cups flour
1 ¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon Active Dry yeast

Add 1 ½ cup tap water. Stir until combined. The dough will be very sticky.

Cover with plastic wrap and leave on the counter overnight (12-18 hours). Keep the dough away from any cold drafts or it won’t rise.

When it’s time to bake, preheat the oven WITH the pot (and lid on it) inside oven to 450 degrees for 30 minutes (use a heavy pot- a dutch oven is ideal).

While preheating, dump dough onto a well- floured counter. It will be very sticky. Shape into sort of a ball with a floured spatula (or your hands).

Put dough into center of pot. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake 10-15 more minutes.

Take bread out and cool on wire rack or clean towel.

Yes that’s it. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/11376-no-knead-bread

I have the Sullivan bakery cookbook it comes from and there’s a cranberry and walnut variation that is yummy!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0393066304/ref=dbs_a_w_dp_0393066304

essnce629
03-22-2020, 01:27 AM
I’m so tempted to get a bread machine! Especially now with so many bread shortage everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProThey're all sold out on Amazon along with the bidets!!! [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I got a bread machine years ago as one of Amazon's deal of the day specials and was thinking of pulling it out too! I have a bunch of gluten free bread mixes.

nfceagles
03-22-2020, 03:57 AM
I bought a cheap piano keyboard for the kids to play around with on one of those teaching apps. And some puzzles and craft supplies. We had been trying not to buy too much bulky stuff because we are moving home from UK to US this summer. We have rented furniture and came here in what fit in our suitcases so we were trying to minimize what we would have to ship home or leave behind, but given the circumstances I threw caution to the wind.

dogmom
03-22-2020, 07:02 AM
For those wanting to do bread, I swear by “Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day” which is similar to the no kneed recipe posted above. You can get 2-3 loaves from in recipe over a week. The book has lots of different recipes. You can start with the basic one on their site first.

https://artisanbreadinfive.com/2013/10/22/the-new-artisan-bread-in-five-minutes-a-day-is-launched-back-to-basics-updated/

I give the book and a plastic container with a jar of yeast and some good salt as my standard housewarming gift. I have people from years ago still say it’s one of their favorite presents.

SnuggleBuggles
03-22-2020, 09:49 AM
For those wanting to do bread, I swear by “Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day” which is similar to the no kneed recipe posted above. You can get 2-3 loaves from in recipe over a week. The book has lots of different recipes. You can start with the basic one on their site first.

https://artisanbreadinfive.com/2013/10/22/the-new-artisan-bread-in-five-minutes-a-day-is-launched-back-to-basics-updated/

I give the book and a plastic container with a jar of yeast and some good salt as my standard housewarming gift. I have people from years ago still say it’s one of their favorite presents.

I just donated my copy when we moved because I never used and never anticipating a time that I would. Turns out I really need my cookbooks to have photos!
I sure wish I’d kept it now. [emoji20] Maybe it is here somewhere and had just been ditched down to a box in the basement.

bisous
03-22-2020, 08:39 PM
I keep talking myself out of purchases. I do have the "Story of the World" books in my amazon cart right now and I think I'll pull the trigger. I've always wanted to give my kids a big mega overview of world history and now I certainly have the time. Lucky kids, lol.

TwinFoxes
03-22-2020, 09:01 PM
I bought myself a ukulele. :)

niccig
03-22-2020, 09:16 PM

I’ve done this in the past. I need to look at it again

ang79
03-22-2020, 10:44 PM

My kids got one to share for Christmas but have not used it much. I should give it a try!

elbenn
03-22-2020, 10:48 PM

Did you buy this after watching "Stargirl" on Disney? The ukulele is featured a lot in that movie.

Tenasparkl
03-22-2020, 11:51 PM
My kids got one to share for Christmas but have not used it much. I should give it a try!

There are tons of videos online. My daughter picked hers up again and seems to have found plenty of resources. Have fun!

Tenasparkl
03-22-2020, 11:51 PM

There are tons of videos online. My daughter picked hers up again and seems to have found plenty of resources. Have fun!

KpbS
03-23-2020, 12:36 AM
I keep talking myself out of purchases. I do have the "Story of the World" books in my amazon cart right now and I think I'll pull the trigger. I've always wanted to give my kids a big mega overview of world history and now I certainly have the time. Lucky kids, lol.

SOTW is awesome. Great purchase. We are post WWII right now.

TwinFoxes
03-23-2020, 04:38 AM
Did you buy this after watching "Stargirl" on Disney? The ukulele is featured a lot in that movie.

No, but now I want to watch it! I really like the sound and I’ve heard it’s easy to learn.

lizzywednesday
03-23-2020, 09:40 AM

Cool! We have one (it's DD's) but it needs tuning (while I don't have perfect pitch, I am intensely bothered by out-of-tune instruments) and I just can't get used to app tuners.

I actually used the recipe in the instruction booklet, minus the nonfat powdered milk it calls for.

I was arguing with DH about it when he bought ours, but now ... it's kind of nice to have a loaf for toast.

We have been OK with store-bought bread - we're in an area with several grocery stores, a Target, AND a Walmart - but we'll be branching out to make cinnamon raisin at some point because it smells nice when it's baking ... and if it goes a little stale, it'll make great French toast.

TwinFoxes
03-23-2020, 10:18 AM

We can start a BBB ukulele band. :)

NCGrandma
03-23-2020, 11:17 AM

Hey, you can play "You Are My Sunshine"!! (Every evening, my apartment neighbors stand outside their doors at 8:55 pm and sing, always the same song...) Surely this would be a ukulele-appropriate tune!

elbenn
03-23-2020, 11:38 AM
Hey, you can play "You Are My Sunshine"!! (Every evening, my apartment neighbors stand outside their doors at 8:55 pm and sing, always the same song...) Surely this would be a ukulele-appropriate tune!

It's the only song my DC know on ukulele (they got ukuleles for Christmas).

legaleagle
03-23-2020, 09:33 PM
For anyone with a paperwhite (or other non-fire kindle) - if you put it in airplane mode, it will keep your library books from automatically disappearing when the loan is up for those of us who tend to check out a few too many at a time.

mommy111
03-23-2020, 09:52 PM
Honestly, it's terrible to say this because my employer has been so great but I'm terrified of losing my job so I'm not buying anything that is not necessary.......it's probably a completely unreasonable reaction but seeing what is going on around me is really scary

bisous
03-23-2020, 11:22 PM
Honestly, it's terrible to say this because my employer has been so great but I'm terrified of losing my job so I'm not buying anything that is not necessary.......it's probably a completely unreasonable reaction but seeing what is going on around me is really scary

I think this is part of the reason I keep talking myself out of purchases. I did buy the books for homeschooling my kids but I've held off on everything else.

I will say I'm saving a ton of money on transportation. Like $150 a week. We're going to put it all away!

NCGrandma
03-23-2020, 11:57 PM
For anyone with a paperwhite (or other non-fire kindle) - if you put it in airplane mode, it will keep your library books from automatically disappearing when the loan is up for those of us who tend to check out a few too many at a time.

Yep!! Actually, our library just started extending the normal checkout period — not sure by how long.

essnce629
03-24-2020, 12:03 AM

DS2's second Eureka Crate is a kit to make a ukulele! He hasn't put it together yet!

TwinFoxes
03-24-2020, 10:52 PM
DS2's second Eureka Crate is a kit to make a ukulele! He hasn't put it together yet!

That’s awesome!! I had no idea ukeleles were having a moment. He can definitely join our pretend band. :)

TwinFoxes
03-24-2020, 10:52 PM

That’s awesome!! I had no idea ukeleles were having a moment. He can definitely join our pretend band. :)

Percycat
03-25-2020, 11:30 AM
I bought an led/uv gel nail lamp, base coat, top coat, and a few gel colors so my daughter (15) and I can learn to do our own gel nails. I feel bad for the nail tech I usually use (an the others who work in her salon), but I don't see us being able to visit in a long time. My dd loves painting her nails with lacquer, so I think this will get some good use.

We also bought seeds and seed starting soil. We are going to try some gardening.

But, really, we are using this time to use things we already own. It has been fun to pull out games we don't get to play often. My DH, DS, and DD and I are also learning how to play bridge. We have a book we are going through together. We hope to surprise my parents later this spring or summer and be able to play with them.

AnnieW625
03-25-2020, 01:28 PM
I just bought two pairs of black leggings, and two lightweight hoodies from Bass Pro Shops as my work from home wardrobe is non existent because I have never worked from home. I don’t want to be spending a lot of money on work from home clothes because I don’t have to do video calls, but would still like comfy clothes in case I have to run a quick errand or take a walk on my break.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/natural-reflections-knit-leggings-for-ladies

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/natural-reflections-slub-hoodie-long-sleeve-pullover-for-ladies

bisous
03-25-2020, 02:55 PM
I bought an led/uv gel nail lamp, base coat, top coat, and a few gel colors so my daughter (15) and I can learn to do our own gel nails. I feel bad for the nail tech I usually use (an the others who work in her salon), but I don't see us being able to visit in a long time. My dd loves painting her nails with lacquer, so I think this will get some good use.

We also bought seeds and seed starting soil. We are going to try some gardening.

But, really, we are using this time to use things we already own. It has been fun to pull out games we don't get to play often. My DH, DS, and DD and I are also learning how to play bridge. We have a book we are going through together. We hope to surprise my parents later this spring or summer and be able to play with them.

I want to buy seeds and work on a garden!

robinsmommy
03-25-2020, 08:59 PM
Chocolate! And chicks. If things are unsettled for awhile, egg prices may stay high.