PDA

View Full Version : Easter Baskets!

bw52
03-21-2020, 09:59 PM
Anyone have fun ideas this year? I usually hit target or michaels for fun Easter basket fillers but with the stay at home order I’m trying to do my Easter shopping online and it’s not as easy I’m finding. I have a big thing for my kids I just happened to have that I’m going to give them for Easter but need a couple small things that fit in their baskets. Especially for my 11 year old dd. Any ideas? What are you giving?

ourbabygirl
03-21-2020, 10:06 PM
I was thinking of getting my 11 year old DD a Hydroflask, but figure she might want to pick the color. The only other thing I can think of right now is lights for their bikes (assuming we get to use them this year)...
I suppose there are plenty of new activities that could be great to pass the time now that we're inside (puzzles, activity books, new board games, etc.), but it would be great to find something special.
Maybe a fun video game like Just Dance 2020, or something else that the whole family could use together?

MSWR0319
03-22-2020, 09:22 AM
I was coming to post the same question! I have an 11 year old and a 7 year old, both boys. I'm at a loss.

SnuggleBuggles
03-22-2020, 09:47 AM
Life got a lot easier when I just did candy! I highly recommend it! (Or whatever treats). Easter had gotten out of hand here. No one complained when I majorly downsized it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

liz
03-22-2020, 09:58 AM
We don't go overboard for baskets, usually their favorite candy and each kid gets a movie. The movies are usually something we can all watch together (my kids are pre-teen to teen). My DH puts together a scavenger hunt each year and the kids find a "treasure" at the end. One year it was a zip line, another year it was remote controlled cars. We;ll be doing the same this year.

elbenn
03-22-2020, 10:59 AM
I just bought this playfoam from Amazon. It looks fun and gets good reviews. They also have packs of 2 and 6.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P7RDLH5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

wallawala
03-22-2020, 11:06 AM
While everyone was out hoarding TP I was Easter basket shopping. ����

We are doing mainly candy. Baskets will also have softballs for DD and golf balls for DS. Will do an egg hunt with the table top ping pong game as our big prize this year.

And these... ginormous frisbees. Kids are 8 &10 and they can play with our lab with these too!
https://www.menards.com/main/grocery-home/toys/yard-games/18-mega-flying-disc/1168dm/p-1500618729846-c-1554122199353.htm

ourbabygirl
03-22-2020, 01:11 PM
Back to add that I've always wanted to get nicer kites for our family (not just the junkier ones you can get at Target). Anyone have a good recommendation and age range?

Thanks!

ourbabygirl
03-22-2020, 01:11 PM
Duplicate

carolinacool
03-22-2020, 02:06 PM
I'm not sure. We've been traveling the past two Easters, so gleefully grandparents handled the basket.

DS is hard to buy for. A lot of stuff just goes by the wayside -- he doesn't even really eat candy! I need to run to the pharmacy today so I might stop in Target, but I don't want to dally.

kristenk
03-22-2020, 02:39 PM
I saw a Facebook ad featuring Williams Sonoma's Easter candy this morning. They're offering 40% off on Easter stuff on the site, and then there's an extra 20% off and free shipping with code SPRING. I purchased a couple of things that would work in an Easter basket for my teen.

carolinamama
03-22-2020, 03:56 PM
I haven't shopped yet but we keep it pretty simple. The kids seem to prefer the candy over anything else anyway. In addition to candy, I usually do swim trunks/bathing suits and/or flip flops or slides. All practical but needed for the summer. I may start looking and and ordering since Easter will likely sneak up on me.

bisous
03-22-2020, 05:31 PM
We don't go overboard for baskets, usually their favorite candy and each kid gets a movie. The movies are usually something we can all watch together (my kids are pre-teen to teen). My DH puts together a scavenger hunt each year and the kids find a "treasure" at the end. One year it was a zip line, another year it was remote controlled cars. We;ll be doing the same this year.

I really like this idea!! I might do something just like it this year. Getting a movie and a family gift is perfect this year!

georgiegirl
03-22-2020, 07:43 PM
I did buy Easter candy two weeks ago just in case. Who knows if they will get anything else

KpbS
03-23-2020, 08:37 AM
We keep it simple and pretty much just do candy. Add a bubble wand and this year I got tiny kinetic sand packages. Keeping it simple helps us focus on the real meaning of Easter.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kinetic-Sand-Shimmering-Sand-Multi-Pack-with-Molds/245619525

chlobo
03-23-2020, 07:54 PM
This year my kids are getting toilet paper, tylenol, isopropyl alcohol, aloe vera, an N95 face mask and some vitamins.

gymnbomb
03-23-2020, 10:42 PM
I think we will keep it pretty simple this year. I ordered a set of card games for DS, some stamp markers for DD, and I will throw in some candy and a few other odds and ends depending on what I find stashed around the house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk