PDA

View Full Version : Accountability thread- anything

SnuggleBuggles
03-21-2020, 10:51 PM
We all have more time than ever but I know I could be more productive! Do you have anything nagging at you that you want to accomplish? Sometimes being accountable here helps! So post your goals and updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

SnuggleBuggles
03-21-2020, 10:53 PM
Mine-
Workout every day, even if just a walk
Grooming- time to do some hair color, hair removal and do my nails
Unpack the basement
Clean the baseboards
Buy some kitchen stools

KrisM
03-21-2020, 11:18 PM
I'm trying to go for a walk daily. I did today as it was beautiful and sunny. I went out in my Birks and a lightweight coat. Made it one block and came home - it was only 35 deg. Brrr. But the sunny was nice!

I'd like to purge the kids closets and help them organize.
I want to have our plan for remodeling in place, so we can start when the time is right.

mikala
03-21-2020, 11:30 PM
Keep the kids alive and don't let them become fully feral? :bouncy:

In addition to herding them through virtual schooling I want to spend more time teaching them to cook and do more family walks.

In addition to that I want to work through a typical spring cleaning list like washing windows and putting the screens back up, switch out winter gear for spring whenever the weather turns, clean rugs and drapes. We usually do a garage sale with friends but that isn't happening this year so I'm going through and gathering stuff to (safely) give away/donate/sell.

gatorsmom
03-21-2020, 11:48 PM
This is a great thread. Ok, here are mine, similar to a few above:

Don't let our family resemble Lord of the Flies. It could easily come to this. DH and I are both vulnerable to COVID19 and our kids act like there's nothing to worry about.
Daily exercise for the kids and me.
Clean out my office.
Clean out my closet.
Teach the kids to type properly (no more of this lazy one finger dance).
Continue to lose weight (this is for me, the kids are healthy. I'd like to lose 20 pounds).
Get the kids reading again. Over the last 2 summers, the oldest 2 stopped reading novels. I need to research some more and get them reading again.
The last 3 months i've taught the kids to cook ( you may have seen my posts. They each make one family meal per week.) This is going strong, still. DS2 made chicken pesto pasta salad this week and DS1 make grilled salmon, cauliflower rice and veggie skewers. DD made savory and sweet crepes for breakfast this morning by herself (she's 12). NOW it's time for her twin brother to get more involved. He's been lagging behind.
Teach all the kids to iron their clothes. Just some basic ironing skills.

Hmm, there were other things I was thinking lately but I can't remember them. They will certainly pop into my head again next week.

jgenie
03-21-2020, 11:49 PM
I have a ton! I won’t get it all done but it would be great to make some progress. I’m working on teaching DC to help around the house.

We managed to do DC rooms the first week.

MASTER
My closet / dressers - clear out clothes I don’t wear
Bathroom cabinets - DONE

LANDING
move boxes to storage - DONE

OFFICE
Organize tax paperwork
Clear closet

HALLWAY CLOSETS
left shelves
Right shelves
Center shelves

LINEN CLOSET
weed out extras

GUEST ROOM
closets
Drawers
Under bed

KITCHEN
organize corner cabinet - DONE
Clean fridge / freezer - DONE

LIBRARY
declutter shelves
Declutter drawers
Declutter cabinets
Organize toys

PLAYROOM
Clean out shelves
Clean out drawers

BASEMENT
Large storage room - left
Large storage room - right
Large storage room - center
Alcove - DONE

GYM
Closet - DONE

MUDROOM
drawers
Boxes to storage

GARAGE
clean fridge / freezer - DONE
Clean perimeter - DONE

gymnbomb
03-22-2020, 07:53 AM
This week I have been working with DS on telling time. He still needs practice, but is making good progress. I am hoping DH will teach him to tie his shoes.

Beyond that I feel like I am in survival mode trying to do my normal job without child care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisous
03-22-2020, 08:35 PM
I have a ton! I won’t get it all done but it would be great to make some progress. I’m working on teaching DC to help around the house.

We managed to do DC rooms the first week.

MASTER
My closet / dressers - clear out clothes I don’t wear
Bathroom cabinets

LANDING
move boxes to storage

OFFICE
Organize tax paperwork
Clear closet

HALLWAY CLOSETS
left shelves
Right shelves
Center shelves

LINEN CLOSET
weed out extras

GUEST ROOM
closets
Drawers
Under bed

KITCHEN
organize corner cabinet
Clean fridge / freezer

LIBRARY
declutter shelves
Declutter drawers
Declutter cabinets
Organize toys

PLAYROOM
Clean out shelves
Clean out drawers

BASEMENT
Large storage room - left
Large storage room - right
Large storage room - center
Alcove

GYM
Closet

MUDROOM
drawers
Boxes to storage

GARAGE
clean fridge / freezer
Clean perimeter

I'm part of this "A Bowl Full of Lemons" group on FB that has some nice accountability. They started a housewide challenge back in January but the site is full of helpful people and interesting information. Here's a link to the challenge you can download. I don't know how to link the group...

http://www.abowlfulloflemons.net/2020/01/2020-home-organization-challenge-kit.html

I really enjoy this group. It is very busy and a little more drama than here but not too bad, lol.

bisous
03-22-2020, 08:38 PM
I'm still working on organization at my house but I'm glad that I've got a huge head start. I really don't have that much time to work on stuff between my job and trying to keep my kids engaged in meaningful stuff. Saturday was awesome. It felt like a reward to clean. That anticipation might actually help me get through this.

For workouts, I'm going to do something a little different. I'm going to try to log as many miles walking through the hills near my house as much as possible. I want to do rehab for my head forward posture and my diastasis recti. I also want to find the most beautiful, zen, gorgeous free yoga videos on the internet and do that several times a week. I am only going to move in ways that fulfill me during this confinement period!

SnuggleBuggles
03-22-2020, 09:22 PM
Alright- went for a walk with ds2, scrubbed the kitchen (not on my original list but should have been!), set up the deck furniture (also not on the list) and about half my grooming tasks! Medium success.

jgenie
03-22-2020, 09:25 PM
I ran 12 miles, took my kids for a bike ride, made dinner and swept the kitchen. Not a thing off my list! Tomorrow’s another day!! :ROTFLMAO:

jgenie
03-22-2020, 09:26 PM
I'm part of this "A Bowl Full of Lemons" group on FB that has some nice accountability. They started a housewide challenge back in January but the site is full of helpful people and interesting information. Here's a link to the challenge you can download. I don't know how to link the group...

http://www.abowlfulloflemons.net/2020/01/2020-home-organization-challenge-kit.html

I really enjoy this group. It is very busy and a little more drama than here but not too bad, lol.

Thank you!

SnuggleBuggles
03-22-2020, 09:26 PM
I ran 12 miles, took my kids for a bike ride, made dinner and swept the kitchen. Not a thing off my list! Tomorrow’s another day!! :ROTFLMAO:

12 miles?! Awesome!!!

KrisM
03-22-2020, 09:40 PM
I didn't walk, but I did participate in a birthday parade. Worked on a puzzle. That's about it. Maybe tomorrow will be more productive. It's hard with DH working from home though.

scrooks
03-22-2020, 10:21 PM
I have a huge declutter list for the house. I’m making good but slow progress. Workout everyday (my gym is doing zoom workouts), keep the kids school work in order, and do about 2 hours of “work” work per day.

lizzywednesday
03-23-2020, 09:45 AM
... Do you have anything nagging at you that you want to accomplish? Sometimes being accountable here helps! So post your goals and updates. ...

I love this idea; it's the whole reason I post my annual whole-house-cleaning threads at the holidays. Knowing I've committed to doing certain things on certain days keeps me motivated ... and productive.

I think this week is going to be cleaning DD's bathroom and the powder room, along with folding & putting all the laundry away.

squimp
03-23-2020, 12:03 PM
Yes I love this!

No judging! :D I took down the last of our outdoor Christmas lights and we put all the boxes away. I loved having the lights up, so it was not a huge deal. Also, I filed a bunch of paperwork that has been sitting on my desk since 2016. Nothing important but feels good to clear that up.

Here are some other things on our list:
Clean up the crap (craft) closet
Clean and organize the office
Plant flowers in baskets by the door
Plan the bathroom remodel

KrisM
03-24-2020, 06:28 AM
I went through DS2's closet and have a pile of outgrown clothes, but no where to donate them. I will bag them up and stick them in the basement, I guess.

DD has spent a few days cleaning her room. We are going to put a large craft desk in it Wednesday. I used to have the desk set up before I had kids and always thought I would again, but she will use it more than I will. So Wednesday I will have to clean the garage and change it to summer so I can get the desk out.

Also adding to my list is knitting my Christmas stocking. The others all have one, but I have a store bought stocking. So, this will be my year :)

WatchingThemGrow
03-24-2020, 10:56 AM
I’ve gotten through about half of the old toys in the closet and given most of the Imaginext away to some excited 5yo boys...with the promise the moms would Clorox them... and we know someone bringing an international adoptee home today (!!) so he will be sporting a whole pile of outgrown Hannas from DS2.

Still...
Sorting through piles of teaching/home/renovation papers

Sorting through the “extra” toy odds and ends that don’t fit into the existing playroom furniture

Sorting a decade of Kindermusik take home books, CD’s, and whatnot- Where should these go??

The LEGO/playmobil reset....I think they’ll play with them during the quarantine if we return all the parts to their kits again

jgenie
03-24-2020, 11:38 AM
I’ve gotten through about half of the old toys in the closet and given most of the Imaginext away to some excited 5yo boys...with the promise the moms would Clorox them... and we know someone bringing an international adoptee home today (!!) so he will be sporting a whole pile of outgrown Hannas from DS2.

Still...
Sorting through piles of teaching/home/renovation papers

Sorting through the “extra” toy odds and ends that don’t fit into the existing playroom furniture

Sorting a decade of Kindermusik take home books, CD’s, and whatnot- Where should these go??

The LEGO/playmobil reset....I think they’ll play with them during the quarantine if we return all the parts to their kits again

I would donate Kindermusik to your local library or non profit tag sales if that’s a thing in your area. I’m piling mine up for after this breaks. Organizations aren’t taking donations in my area currently.

mommy111
03-24-2020, 11:25 PM
1) Exercising every day
2) Not eating Oreos that my kids have

niccig
03-24-2020, 11:44 PM
I’ve been exercising. I need to get the mindless snacking under control. I’ll go back to 16:8 intermittent fasting

essnce629
03-25-2020, 03:46 AM
I had a productive day 2 days ago-- washed all 3 pairs of curtains in my bedroom and hung them back up, cleaned out half of our office/guest room closet to put in a dresser for my mom who's staying with us indefinitely, cleaned/organized DS2's entire room, and completed a 500 piece puzzle with DS2.

Today I put together the new basketball hoop for the pool, hung up a new shelf in DS2's room, and framed a new poster for DS2's room and hung it up.

My mom and I keep wanting to try an online yoga class, but haven't yet. I just found out that the yoga studio by my house that I go to is offering online classes through Zoom so we hope to try that tomorrow.

jgenie
03-25-2020, 08:29 AM
I had a productive day 2 days ago-- washed all 3 pairs of curtains in my bedroom and hung them back up, cleaned out half of our office/guest room closet to put in a dresser for my mom who's staying with us indefinitely, cleaned/organized DS2's entire room, and completed a 500 piece puzzle with DS2.

Today I put together the new basketball hoop for the pool, hung up a new shelf in DS2's room, and framed a new poster for DS2's room and hung it up.

My mom and I keep wanting to try an online yoga class, but haven't yet. I just found out that the yoga studio by my house that I go to is offering online classes through Zoom so we hope to try that tomorrow.

Which hoop did you get? Ours fell apart last year and needs to be replaced.

Percycat
03-25-2020, 11:17 AM
I'm teleworking ... and it is so easy to get distracted and hard to get started on projects. I am going to send an email (a particular email. : ) ), and make real progress on drafting an agreement. I am also going to do my laundry, go for a walk, do something with my daughter (last night, I finished a huge game are carcassonne using all of the expansion packs), and go to bed by 10pm.

essnce629
03-25-2020, 01:58 PM
Which hoop did you get? Ours fell apart last year and needs to be replaced.I got this one because the only metal it has is 3 screws. I'm hoping that cuts down on the rust that people always complain about poolside basketball hoops. Looks like Amazon is delaying practically everything now, so no delivery till end of April/early May.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0812L2YGZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&th=1#

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk

KrisM
03-25-2020, 04:54 PM
I cleaned the garage today. Yay! I got part of the craft desk out for DD. We brought in the drawers and she cleaned them up. We can get those up to her room tonight, I think. The surface is in the basement and pretty easy to get at too. She is pretty excited!

I have a pile of trash that I'm not sure what to do with. Our trash company has requested only things in bags and nothing loose. I have 2 booster seats and some random things that need to go. So they are stacked in a pile right now waiting.

It made me wonder if I'll be able to get the tires swapped on our cars or not. We aren't driving much, but once it warms up, I don't want to be driving on the winter tires.

And I started clearing out our craft cabinet. A chunk for the trash and a lot to donate. I am thinking if I find a taker for the materials, I can bag it up and let it just sit for a few days before taking it over. Or they can get it and let it sit in their garage for 3-4 days.

jgenie
03-25-2020, 05:18 PM
I cleaned my fridge!! Took everything out and wiped it all down. Planning to do the freezer and pantry next.

lizzywednesday
03-26-2020, 02:28 PM

I think this week is going to be cleaning DD's bathroom and the powder room, along with folding & putting all the laundry away.

Well, I folded the laundry on Tuesday and Wednesday ... just have to put it away ...

And I haven't done anything regarding cleaning the guest bathroom, but I did spray dow the sink and Swiffer the floor in the powder room.

I keep seeing grimy light switches & appliance door handles and getting distracted by how gross I'm finding them, though.

jgenie
05-05-2020, 02:34 AM
Bumping :BUMP: Making progress but still slowly chipping away....