PDA

View Full Version : Amazon, that's just not cool

bisous
05-21-2020, 12:10 PM
My kids had been pooling their money for a very long time to buy a 3D printer. All four kids contributed--pulled weeds, saved birthday money, etc. and purchased one on amazon in Mid March. It wasn't supposed to ship until the end of the month but we were going to deal with it. Then we got an update that it wouldn't ship until April 30. Ok, we get it. Amazon is busy shipping important things around the country, right? Now it isn't supposed to ship until the end of May. We hope it eventually ships! It was supposed to be a big COVID19 quarantine project! Also, they worked SO hard for this. Had they known it may never materialize they probably would have spend their money on something else!

Also, side note but I ordered mascara and toothpaste at the same time. It came this week.... In mid May...

PunkyBoo
05-21-2020, 01:14 PM
My kids had been pooling their money for a very long time to buy a 3D printer. All four kids contributed--pulled weeds, saved birthday money, etc. and purchased one on amazon in Mid March. It wasn't supposed to ship until the end of the month but we were going to deal with it. Then we got an update that it wouldn't ship until April 30. Ok, we get it. Amazon is busy shipping important things around the country, right? Now it isn't supposed to ship until the end of May. We hope it eventually ships! It was supposed to be a big COVID19 quarantine project! Also, they worked SO hard for this. Had they known it may never materialize they probably would have spend their money on something else!

Also, side note but I ordered mascara and toothpaste at the same time. It came this week.... In mid May...I'm sorry, that really sucks for your kids! Was the printer made in Asia? I'm asking because I work for an agency in SoCal involved with world trade. We are seeing a huge slowdown in cargo ships coming to the US. We always have a slight slowdown for Chinese New Year, but then Covid hit and the China trade war is ongoing... So there just isn't enough justification to bring cargo ships to the US.
I know that doesn't help make you and your kids feel better about the delay, but wanted to point out it might not be Amazon's fault or in their control. :/

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

DualvansMommy
05-21-2020, 01:20 PM
Can you cancel that order since it still hadn’t shipped yet? Should have a window to cancel, I would think and buy it somewhere else like Best Buy, staples etc? Now that stores are doing more curbside pickup with the reopening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bisous
05-21-2020, 01:35 PM
I'm sorry, that really sucks for your kids! Was the printer made in Asia? I'm asking because I work for an agency in SoCal involved with world trade. We are seeing a huge slowdown in cargo ships coming to the US. We always have a slight slowdown for Chinese New Year, but then Covid hit and the China trade war is ongoing... So there just isn't enough justification to bring cargo ships to the US.
I know that doesn't help make you and your kids feel better about the delay, but wanted to point out it might not be Amazon's fault or in their control. :/

That's a good point! Could be. That might make me feel better about it, actually. DH is the one that really has been researching. I'll ask him about it.

bisous
05-21-2020, 01:36 PM
Can you cancel that order since it still hadn’t shipped yet? Should have a window to cancel, I would think and buy it somewhere else like Best Buy, staples etc? Now that stores are doing more curbside pickup with the reopening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We got a GREAT deal. They may not have enough at another spot. Also all the filament has arrived and all the accessories. I'll ask DH about this too. They did ask him if he wanted to cancel... I think there was a reason that he did not!

doberbrat
05-22-2020, 12:42 AM
At some point, Amazon shut down nonessential items from outside vendors. In addition to supply/shipping issues from China. Even prime stuff has been taking weeks to ship. ... unless you WANT it to take a while - because you have enough of an item already and no space to store it...... THEN they magically ship it early!

bisous
05-22-2020, 10:36 AM
So I should have complained a LONG time ago because....it showed up on my porch yesterday! We're excited. We're surprised. Wasn't supposed to be here. I get that the world is completely out of whack. I should have showed a little grace but I'm just so happy because my kids are thrilled. They feel especially excited because they worked so hard for it. :) Now to find a space for it in 1200 square foot house....

PunkyBoo
05-22-2020, 02:07 PM
So I should have complained a LONG time ago because....it showed up on my porch yesterday! We're excited. We're surprised. Wasn't supposed to be here. I get that the world is completely out of whack. I should have showed a little grace but I'm just so happy because my kids are thrilled. They feel especially excited because they worked so hard for it. :) Now to find a space for it in 1200 square foot house....Yay! I'm so happy for them and you! What a great kick off to the long weekend!

petesgirl
05-22-2020, 02:49 PM
Our Amazon deliveries have had absolutely no rhyme or reason to them for the last month and a half. And whatever the delivery status says on Amazon usually hasn't been accurate.
But yay for it finally coming!!

KrisM
05-22-2020, 09:03 PM
Glad it came!

Our printer is in our kitchen, because that's where it fits and is easily accessible for all.

Kestrel
05-23-2020, 01:02 PM
Congrats on finally getting it! we'd love to see your first projects!

bisous
05-24-2020, 02:19 AM
Thanks all!! So...we've decided it will be living in my Master Bedroom. It is so sexy... I'm pretty excited about that. ;)

DH has made his first projects--he's made parts for the 3D printer, lol. The kids have a huge list of things they want to make and are so excited to get started. :)

ellies mom
05-24-2020, 11:23 PM
So what printer did you get?

I boredom bought a 3D printer right as all this happened so I got it pretty quickly. Mine mainly lives in our bedroom too but I do bring it downstairs and print in the kitchen sometimes so I can keep an eye on it and still be part of the family.

I bought the Creality Ender 3 Pro. I’m having so much fun with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk