PDA

View Full Version : S/O What tests should I request during my check up?

jgenie
06-11-2020, 02:36 PM
I have not been to the doctor in several years. I have an appointment for a check up next week. What tests should they be running? TIA

smiles33
06-11-2020, 06:33 PM
I go every year and my doctor always runs blood tests to check my cholesterol and glucose because I have a family history of high cholesterol and diabetes. On a less regular basis, she has requested other panels. That's how I was finally diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease as she requested a test that measured my TSH levels. The symptoms were there, but I assumed it was just a consequence of getting older (I'm in my mid-40s). Per a google search: Symptoms of an underactive thyroid include feeling tired, feeling cold when others do not, constipation, weight gain, and heavier-than-normal menstrual periods.

If you have a family history of other health issues, then you should tell your doctor about those and see if you need additional testing. Hope this helps!

mom2binsd
06-11-2020, 07:24 PM
Do you have any concerns, history of health problems?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JElaineB
06-11-2020, 07:55 PM
Vitamin D, thyroid, measles antibodies to see if you have immunity, HbA1C, urinalysis. Other than that I would let your doctor decide based on your health history.