PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried these subscription based exercise services?

bisous
06-12-2020, 10:16 PM
I'm looking at Aaptiv (from a recommendation from a blog), Openfit (from the ads on pinterest--the classes look fun), or Beach Body? (have friends that do this and several that sell!)

I'm looking to simply my workout routine. I've had time to catch zoom live classes and take long walks in the hills but I'm about to get really busy! I want to find something that gives me a routine I don't have to think about 6 days a week.

I think all of these are offering free trials but I'm afraid I'll flake out and get charged! I'd love to start with "the best one" so if I love it, I can just keep continuing on...

I have between 5 to 10 pounds that I wouldn't mind losing but I'm trying to get stronger, more flexible, and especially more fit cardiovascularly! (But I can't run because of a knee injury!)

Would love your feedback!

SnuggleBuggles
06-12-2020, 10:24 PM
Les Mills

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

niccig
06-13-2020, 12:14 AM
Fitness blender. Buy one of their programs @ $15 for a 4 week program. It’s yours to use as often as you like. I have a few programs and repeat them

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

elizamom
06-13-2020, 09:03 AM
Yes! I just finished my free trial with Openfit. I was interested in their barre style classes. I liked it and almost purchased, but I decided to cancel within the free trial window so I could try out some other free trial exercise services. They charged me and I emailed them. Within 2 minutes they replied and refunded the charge.
I have used the free classes on Fitness Blender. I liked them fine enough, but I quickly fell out of the habit of doing it.
Right now I'm doing a Barre3 free trial, and I am really loving this one. I will likely pay for it.
I think its a good idea to take advantage of the free trials and find out what feels like the best fit for you before committing to one service.

dogmom
06-13-2020, 09:21 AM
I do peloton, not just for my bike. The quality of the instructors are amazing and they have so many options. I find it important to that they have varying length of classes, from 5 min to an hour. My friend does pure barre, which she loves. If you don’t mind a basic repetitive routine you don’t need a subscription service. You can buy the on demand programs, like beach body, on amazon and do them.

mm123
06-13-2020, 10:08 AM
I do peloton, not just for my bike. The quality of the instructors are amazing and they have so many options. I find it important to that they have varying length of classes, from 5 min to an hour. My friend does pure barre, which she loves. If you don’t mind a basic repetitive routine you don’t need a subscription service. You can buy the on demand programs, like beach body, on amazon and do them.

I’ve also been doing the free trial of Peleton since March. I don’t have a treadmill or a bike, but I do have hand weights. I’ve been doing their ‘cardio’ and ‘strength’ workouts, and they’ve been great. Lots of variety, and the instructors have been really good. I may even start paying once the free trial runs out.

AmyZ
06-13-2020, 10:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/c/sydneycummings?sub_confirmation=1

She posts a new, free workout every day. I really like them! It takes the guesswork out of picking a video.

She also has a huge library of workouts to choose from on her channel.

basil
06-14-2020, 08:14 AM
I use Peloton, but I mostly do the run and bike classes.

The instructors are the same as the strength and cardio/bootcamp type classes, and they have yoga/stretching/flexibility content too. Instructors are really excellent.

I think at least when I signed up, you didn't have to enter a CC to get the free trial, but after the month is up you just can't access the classes anymore. This may help with your fear of forgetting to cancel and getting charged (I also hate this).

dogmom
06-14-2020, 10:25 AM
I use Peloton, but I mostly do the run and bike classes.

The instructors are the same as the strength and cardio/bootcamp type classes, and they have yoga/stretching/flexibility content too. Instructors are really excellent.

I think at least when I signed up, you didn't have to enter a CC to get the free trial, but after the month is up you just can't access the classes anymore. This may help with your fear of forgetting to cancel and getting charged (I also hate this).

They have meditation also. In like they have courses and challenges. I’m doing a 5 min core 5x a week for 4 weeks, completely doable. It can be on an iPad or phone, or the bike scree so it’s portable. I wish they would get a smart TV app. It’s $40 a month. Which sounds expensive for an app, but reasonable for gym membership. There are definitely cheaper options out there. But it’s so hard for me to get motivated, I think $40 vs a lower quality, smaller library $10/mo one gets me to do it more. I don’t even bother going to the yoga studio anymore.

basil
06-14-2020, 10:52 AM
They have meditation also. In like they have courses and challenges. I’m doing a 5 min core 5x a week for 4 weeks, completely doable. It can be on an iPad or phone, or the bike scree so it’s portable. I wish they would get a smart TV app. It’s $40 a month. Which sounds expensive for an app, but reasonable for gym membership. There are definitely cheaper options out there. But it’s so hard for me to get motivated, I think $40 vs a lower quality, smaller library $10/mo one gets me to do it more. I don’t even bother going to the yoga studio anymore.

Agree! It’s actually only $12.99/month if you just have the app...

bisous
06-14-2020, 01:23 PM
Maybe I'll start with that youtuber. I mean, can't beat always free!

I'm very interested in the Barre3 too and I think you guys have made a solid case for Peloton. Maybe I'll do that one next since I won't be "stuck" if I forget to unenroll.

Question--do any of these apps also have fun music? I'm enjoying some High Fitness Live classes but they're at very odd times. They are basically zoom meetings and that's the only way they can have the really engaging music without violating copyrights. I like to workout to good music.

Thanks for chiming in!

jgenie
06-14-2020, 01:54 PM
I am really enjoying Yoga with Adriene. She has tons of free content. I bought her 30 day yoga challenge and I look forward to my time on the mat every day.

m4nash
06-14-2020, 04:50 PM
I use Beachbody On Demand. It is only $99 a year and you have access to all of their programs. They do mention Shakeology and their other products in the programs, but I have never purchased any or been pressured to do so. I like that there is so much variety and that the classes are available whenever I have time to get to them.

We also have a Peloton bike and a subscription to their app, but I only use their biking classes and don’t like their other classes as much as what is available from Beachbody.