PDA

View Full Version : Period swimwear for a teen/tween? Ruby Love or others?

erv917
06-18-2020, 12:07 PM
I just ordered DD (13) the Ruby Love hipster bikini bottom. Does anyone else's tween/teen have experience with this or other period swimwear? Would love to hear if it works well (or especially if it doesn't!). Thanks!

georgiegirl
06-18-2020, 01:15 PM
I know of a girl with autism who had a period swim suit. I’m not sure I would use it unless absolutely necessary. It doesn’t seem that hygienic. My DD is 14 and on swim team and they all learned how to use tampons immediately. The Tampax pear lites are good to start with,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
06-18-2020, 02:33 PM
I know of a girl with autism who had a period swim suit. I’m not sure I would use it unless absolutely necessary. It doesn’t seem that hygienic. My DD is 14 and on swim team and they all learned how to use tampons immediately. The Tampax pear lites are good to start with,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree. As a back up with tampon use? Sure. Instead of a tampon? No.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

AnnieW625
06-18-2020, 02:34 PM
Ooh I didn’t know they made these. Dd1 has Ruby Love period panties and she likes them okay (I have some and they don’t fit all that great for me, but I have worn them in a pinch). I honestly think at this point she is okay missing swimming during her period, but this would be a nice option if the liner lines up correctly and their truly aren’t any other leaks.

ETA: Dd1 tried a tampon at first when she got her period (due to ballet) and she hated it. She will eventually get it, but for recreational swimming I think she okay missing it. If competition swimming was her thing then I am am sure she would feel differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom2binsd
06-18-2020, 03:57 PM
DD turned 11 and the next day she got her period, she had a swim meet the next day. My little tiny 80 lb girl managed to use a plastic applicator so she could swim, so it is possible. I am glad she figured it out, I talked her through it. I have a friend whose DD is a gymnast, she actually had to put the tampon in after her DD couldn't, it was the biggest meet of the year and no other options.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

erv917
06-19-2020, 11:22 AM
Thanks all. She's just not ready/motivated to make a tampon work at this point. She's not a competitive swimmer so it's not urgent but I just want her to have an option to not have to miss out on the pool with friends this summer. Especially on those days when her period is ending and she just needs a little piece of mind, Kwim?

ezcc
06-20-2020, 02:43 PM
My daughter has one, but I can't remember which brand. She can use a tampon, but this is just sort of backup- or light days I guess. I think she likes it fine and it is not noticeably different from any other suit. I'm really not sure how well it works, I haven't asked so I don't know how much she has put it to the test.

Melaine
06-20-2020, 03:41 PM
My girls have used the period panties under their black swim bottoms, and used a little cloth pantyliner in there if they need a little extra layer. I was curious about the period swimwear but it seemed really pricey, especially times two.

essnce629
06-25-2020, 05:33 AM
I just ordered DD (13) the Ruby Love hipster bikini bottom. Does anyone else's tween/teen have experience with this or other period swimwear? Would love to hear if it works well (or especially if it doesn't!). Thanks!I just ordered the Ruby Love black hipster bikini bottom for myself! Obviously I can wear tampons and pretty much only use them when I go in our jacuzzi, but my periods are so heavy that I bleed through a Super Plus tampon in 50 minutes! So I'll be using the swim bottoms as backup but I'll try them by themselves on lighter days as well.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk