PDA

View Full Version : Would you cancel your Disney Passes?

rollycolly2007
06-22-2020, 02:36 PM
Hi everyone.

Hubby is extremely high risk, so we don’t think the kids and I will go at all this year. We have not been anywhere in 100 days except a couple of grocery trips and a trip to the furniture store to furnish our entire home since March.

Hubby only goes to Disney for their birthdays. We went 104 times last year based on my pass just just to Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom not including Blizzard Beach water park, Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, camping, character breakfasts/lunches/dinners, resorts, mini golf, Disney Springs, etc. My son’s pass expires a different month. Baby is 2. We have the passes with no block outs and water parks, so we spend a fortune on passes.

With the reservation system only allowing 3 days now, that’s essentially block outs, which I paid for the most expensive passes to not have any.
-No parades
-No fireworks
-No character meet and greets

The only reasons why I want to hang on to them:
-I just renewed my platinum plus pass (highest level) in January
-no new passes will be issued until June 2021
-once you make a decision and call in July, you can’t change your mind and buy a new pass in the future. You have to wait until next summer.
-You can’t downgrade your pass either

Would you keep your passes or ask Disney for a refund when they open in July?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

SnuggleBuggles
06-22-2020, 02:48 PM
On the bright side of all the cancellations is that they are limiting capacity.
Things could change too re. reservation limits.
You already spent the money, I assume. I’d probably keep them.

marinkitty
06-22-2020, 02:53 PM
Do they have a roll-over option where you can push to next year? If so, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Barring that, i think I'd ask for the refund by whatever the deadline is. Given what's happening in FL now, an amusement park outing seems very high risk. There are so many other outdoor fun options that are safer and Disney will be there next year.

carolinacool
06-22-2020, 03:10 PM
Do they have a roll-over option where you can push to next year? If so, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Barring that, i think I'd ask for the refund by whatever the deadline is. Given what's happening in FL now, an amusement park outing seems very high risk. There are so many other outdoor fun options that are safer and Disney will be there next year.

Agreed. And on top of that, it doesn't seem like very much fun. You guys might go often enough that you don't care about the parades and fireworks, but I would miss that. I also have no interest in walking around in Florida heat and humidity in a mask for hours on end.

If you'll be able to rebuy them fairly easily next year, I think I would get the refund. At the end of the day, I don't think you'll be getting the full value of your passes. Not quite the same thing, but we're canceling our big week at the beach in July because of several restrictions and the number of amenities that have been cut. But the price is the same as what we've always paid. Not worth it.

rollycolly2007
06-22-2020, 03:55 PM
No roll over option or freeze your pass option. They are giving us neither. I would have done that in an instant. They already have our $2,000 for our 2 passes.

Since we paid if full, our 2 options are:

1.) one extra month given staring in October on top of the 117 days they were closed due to covid. The one extra month is their “gift” to us during this time.

-OR-

2.) refund for partial days not used after they open July 11th.

We would not be able to to go until there is a successful treatment available since hubby is high risk. I know they are close though.

We have not even gone to a park, hike or playground. Nothing. We have been home since 03/13. Disney closed 03/16.

They are letting the resort guests book reservations today. Then 4 days later, pass holders this Friday. I am not booking anything obviously due to our situation.

PZMommy
06-22-2020, 04:06 PM
Given what you said in your last post, I’d ask for a refund. I think for your family situation it just isn’t worth the risk.

rollycolly2007
06-22-2020, 04:11 PM
Given what you said in your last post, I’d ask for a refund. I think for your family situation it just isn’t worth the risk.

Thank you. Hubby has 5 of the health conditions listed that make him more vulnerable including respiratory issues since he was born. He is fearful of not recovering if he got covid.

PunkyBoo
06-22-2020, 04:39 PM
I would request a refund also. I took my kids to their pediatrician last week for well checks and she said we'll be really lucky if we have a vaccine by this time next year.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

newnana
06-22-2020, 04:44 PM
Thank you. Hubby has 5 of the health conditions listed that make him more vulnerable including respiratory issues since he was born. He is fearful of not recovering if he got covid.

I get it. We haven't gone anywhere, either. DH is very high risk as well. We wouldn't be going this year.

My apologies if you mentioned this and I missed it. Disney has great customer service. Have you called their customer service department and actually spoken to someone? It's worth a shot to see if someone has the ability to override policy and offer another solution. Fingers crossed they have some Disney Magic stored in a drawer given your unique situation. I've been pleasantly surprised with a few situations since this all started with places working with us outside of policy given our unusual needs. Fingers crossed they can help you out.

hillview
06-22-2020, 05:27 PM
I vote refund!

jgenie
06-22-2020, 05:42 PM
I would get a refund. I wouldn’t go anywhere near a theme park until they have a better handle on COVID and I LOVE theme parks.

Melaine
06-22-2020, 06:16 PM
I would cancel. There is no way I could enjoy anything like that till Covid is really in the rear view mirror.

Gracemom
06-22-2020, 06:24 PM
I took my DD for her pediatrician appointment this week. She has asthma and is supposed to go to Disney World next year with her orchestra. Pediatrician said that is likely not going to happen. Too many germs and no vaccine will be ready yet. I'd get my money back if I were you.

carolinamama
06-22-2020, 06:35 PM
We wouldn't be going near a theme park and we don't have the high risk factors that your DH has. Unfortunately, I'd ask for a refund since you are unlikely to get your money's worth this year.

AnnieW625
06-22-2020, 08:17 PM
On the bright side of all the cancellations is that they are limiting capacity.
Things could change too re. reservation limits.
You already spent the money, I assume. I’d probably keep them.

Yes I would do that. Is there a way you can call Disney and find out if you are able to get a refund for the cost of the platinum pass to the pass that is more like the one you are going to have due to the new requirements and since it sounds like you won’t be getting full value from the platinum pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rollycolly2007
06-22-2020, 09:01 PM
Yes I would do that. Is there a way you can call Disney and find out if you are able to get a refund for the cost of the platinum pass to the pass that is more like the one you are going to have due to the new requirements and since it sounds like you won’t be getting full value from the platinum pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can’t downgrade your pass. Once you cancel, you won’t be able to buy another annual pass until next summer.

I tried calling, but I was on hold for over an hour and hung up since I had some other phone calls to make.

KpbS
06-22-2020, 09:09 PM
Since it doesn't seem like you will actually use the passes until next year when you can buy new passes, I would cancel. Going to a neighborhood park early in the morning to play or to a beach is much, much, much less risky. I would do local activities that do not involve thousands of other folks.