PDA

View Full Version : 10 year old DS suddenly stinks!

alootikki
06-24-2020, 04:56 PM
DS just turned ten. He’s not going through puberty at all, but whew - he stinks! When he comes inside after playing in the heat for 10 minutes, it’s a serious stench! Does he need to start wearing deodorant? A different soap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PZMommy
06-24-2020, 05:03 PM
My boys started wearing deodorant by that age. When I taught 4th grade, we encouraged kids to wear deodorant. Imagine being in a room of 30 ten years olds after PE on a hot day.

doberbrat
06-24-2020, 05:09 PM
dd2 has been like this for a year. I havent started w/deodorant yet but I do make sure that she scrubs the pits. And as soon as she comes in from playing outside, I send her for a shower. I sniff her at the end of a shower to be sure she at least starts out smelling ok. Sometimes I send her back in for a rescrub.

I had planned on bringing her to the store to find a nonalum deodorant before this summer hit but then covid happened so we're just dealing with scrubbing for now.

MSWR0319
06-24-2020, 07:20 PM
Our pediatrician recommended we start at 10 as well for DS. I had noticed it occasionally but wasn't sure when to start. He talked about it with DS at his checkup. He's almost 12 and still not great at putting it on regularly. And I can tell!

JustMe
06-24-2020, 07:39 PM
Yes, this happened with my ds around 10. He had to start wearing deodorant. When he misses a day, it is very obvious.