PDA

View Full Version : moms of string players - any favorite music books?

WatchingThemGrow
06-25-2020, 09:49 AM
When the lockdown first started, DD (now 14) begged me to grab some new viola music if we were going to be home for a long time. I didn't want to pick it out without her, and her teacher subscribed to SmartMusic.com. DS (12) also plays cello and we need some music for him also.

If you have book suggestions for us, we would be so appreciative! We'd like some good classical stuff, some fun music, and some praise/worship songs as well.

ang79
06-25-2020, 10:54 AM
My girls both play violin (DD1 has been playing 5 years, DD2 playing 3 years). While they will practice the lesson material their teachers give them, they also enjoy playing "fun" music. DD1 has the soundtrack for Greatest Showman. They have several Disney books. And I recently bought them this praise and worship book https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1470639769/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DD1 also found a You Tube channel that she follows and plays from: Fiddling with my Whistle. She said they have a large variety of music that you can follow along and play with and you can adjust the speed to play it slower while learning, then speed up to the normal speed of the song.

gobadgers
06-25-2020, 04:20 PM
I haven't looked at either, but my kids say the YouTube channel StringClub is fun, and you can download music at 8notes.com.