PDA

View Full Version : What is your public school district's or private/ independent school's plan?

ourbabygirl
06-28-2020, 12:04 AM
School starts for most of our state the day after Labor Day, but our state's Dept. of Ed. won't be giving out its recommendations until the end of July. They, and my kids' public school district, are suggesting the 3 options, and a recent survey from our district is asking for our input on what we prefer, as well as if we need bussing, school lunch, technology or WiFi, aftercare, etc.

As a parent and teacher, I prefer either a hybrid or all-in-school model. I feel like having students at school, if at all possible, is better than distance learning.

My friends with kids in private schools already have their plans for the fall, and their plan is to have students in school five days a week. Is it safe to assume that the private schools, with more money to work with and no teachers' unions to advocate for more safety for kids and teachers, will be having students in schools five days a week, whereas public schools will be doing distance learning, to keep scheduling simpler for parents, and to save costs? Has this been your experience, if your schools have made their plans by now?