PDA

View Full Version : Keep or toss?

ang79
06-30-2020, 09:34 AM
I bought ground turkey at Aldi last Friday, planning to use it this week. I just noticed the container says use by 6/29/20 [emoji53]. Too late to use it or freeze it today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom2binsd
06-30-2020, 09:35 AM
Use it, it's a day past.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
06-30-2020, 09:48 AM
We had some ground chicken that had a use by date and I tried to use it the next day because I missed that. It smelled off when I opened it. Had dh smell it and he thought it was ok. As I cooked it, the bad smell became even more pronounced. Ds2 braved a bite and declared bad. We wound up tossing not only the meat but all the other recipe components (casserole). Should have trusted my instincts initially. I would not waste freezer space on something that could have turned. Open it, smell it, look at it and then decide. It's truly the only way to do it.

elbert
06-30-2020, 01:10 PM
We had some ground chicken that had a use by date and I tried to use it the next day because I missed that. It smelled off when I opened it. Had dh smell it and he thought it was ok. As I cooked it, the bad smell became even more pronounced. Ds2 braved a bite and declared bad. We wound up tossing not only the meat but all the other recipe components (casserole). Should have trusted my instincts initially. I would not waste freezer space on something that could have turned. Open it, smell it, look at it and then decide. It's truly the only way to do it.

Agree with the above. Should be fine, but definitely evaluate!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)