PDA

View Full Version : Smoothie blender

jgenie
07-03-2020, 07:23 PM
If you were looking for a blender for smoothies and a vitamix is out of budget, what’s the next best choice? TIA

Kestrel
07-03-2020, 07:57 PM
We have had great luck with Waring commercial model called NuBlend that we got at a restaurant supply store. They are made for bartenders to use, and only have two speeds. However - it is indestructible and we have abused the heck out of it. Very easy to clean, too!

bisous
07-03-2020, 08:11 PM
We were given a nutri-bullet and my DH uses it almost daily for smoothies! We also have a Ninja blender and while it is powerful and works well for some recipes, it doesn't blend very smoothly. We're in this weird position where because we can't afford a Vitamix we're just keeping the two very different blenders that we have!

carolinamama
07-03-2020, 08:13 PM
At least 4 years ago, I wanted a blender for smoothies but was having trouble pulling the trigger on a Vitamix. I saw the Ninja Professional in Target and grabbed it on a whim one day. It is still going strong and we make smoothies weekly or more.

mmsmom
07-03-2020, 09:30 PM
I love my Ninja system that I got a few years ago from Costco. It’s a blender and food processor and comes with individual jars too. We make a lot of smoothies with frozen fruit and greens and it blends it all smooth with no problems.

♥ms.pacman♥
07-03-2020, 09:43 PM
the Ninja auto-IQ blender. I got one for my mom last year and it's pretty good. it was like $80-something at Bed Bath and Beyond. the individual jars thing is great. i ended up getting one for myself too (even though i have a Vitamix and a Blendtec). Yes, i am a bit of a blender/smoothie fiend :) i use at least one of them every day.

the Ninja is great for single-serve smoothies (or for 2 people). i used that a lot even though i had a vitamix and blendtec bc of the indivudal jar that i could just take to work. then i ended up getting single-serve adapter /containers for Vitamix so i could use that.

mom2binsd
07-03-2020, 09:57 PM
I have a Hamilton Beach 24.99 blender, been making smoothies for years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Melaine
07-04-2020, 04:16 PM
I think it was DietCokeLover who got the Instant Pot branded blender? I think that's what I would do if I was buying again. Honestly, although Vitamix is a great product, I've been disillusioned ever since that recall.

DietCokeLover
07-05-2020, 04:47 PM
I think it was DietCokeLover who got the Instant Pot branded blender? I think that's what I would do if I was buying again. Honestly, although Vitamix is a great product, I've been disillusioned ever since that recall.

It was me. And I really like this blender. I bought it from Walmart where I think it is normally around $99, but I got mine for $69. It's been great for smoothies and milk shakes this summer.

lizzywednesday
07-06-2020, 02:50 PM
...I saw the Ninja Professional in Target and grabbed it on a whim one day. It is still going strong and we make smoothies weekly or more.

I wanted that one, but DH, seeing how I was making smoothies for DD thought I would prefer a single-serve canister one and ... I do not.

I'm still using my glass-pitcher Oster that MIL and I picked out a Walmart over a decade ago instead.

JustMe
07-07-2020, 11:24 AM
I just have a regular blender and it works great for smoothies (we use frozen fruit sometimes, so its not like we are easy on it). It is several years old. I am curious when I see people figuring out what kind of blender to get for smoothies. Have they decreased the quality of regular blenders so they don't work as well anymore?

mom2binsd
07-07-2020, 12:48 PM
Like I mentioned earlier, I bought a 24.99 Hamilton Beach blender, about 2 years ago, it came with a handy smoothie bottle too. No issues, I can't figure out why I'd spend a lot more than that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk