PDA

View Full Version : "Glee's" Naya Rivera presumed dead.

TwinFoxes
07-09-2020, 05:21 PM
I find this so sad. I really liked her as Santana. I know her life had taken some bad turns, but I'd always hoped she'd pull it together. Her poor son. :(
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/09/naya-rivera-glee/

StantonHyde
07-09-2020, 05:25 PM
I was really hoping they would find her....

westwoodmom04
07-09-2020, 05:32 PM
Life certainly has ended tragically for far too many of the Glee cast.

It’s a minor miracle that the four year old stayed on the boat and they were able to rescue him. Many kids would have entered the water looking for mom.

mom2binsd
07-09-2020, 06:12 PM
I thought I read they both went swimming and then he was back in the boat? I hope it was an accident and not premeditated. I"m an experienced boater/swimmer and I'm not sure I would go out on a lake with a 4 year old and swim in the water without others around. How sad for the little boy.

PZMommy
07-09-2020, 06:14 PM
Life certainly has ended tragically for far too many of the Glee cast.

It’s a minor miracle that the four year old stayed on the boat and they were able to rescue him. Many kids would have entered the water looking for mom.

This is what I was thinking. I was surprised that the little boy was okay. They said he was sleeping so I wonder how long he was on the boat waiting for her. So sad!!!

essnce629
07-09-2020, 06:56 PM
I thought I read they both went swimming and then he was back in the boat? I hope it was an accident and not premeditated. I"m an experienced boater/swimmer and I'm not sure I would go out on a lake with a 4 year old and swim in the water without others around. How sad for the little boy.

So sad, that's what I was thinking too. I don't think I'd go out on a boat with just myself and a preschooler.

PZMommy
07-09-2020, 07:01 PM

The 4 yr old told the sherif they were both swimming and he got back in the boat but his mom didn’t. She wasn’t wearing a life jacket (the 4yr old was though). I never thought about her doing it purposely and just assumed it was a tragic accident. It sounds like she’s had some rough times, so I guess anything is possible.

WatchingThemGrow
07-09-2020, 08:52 PM
So sad, that's what I was thinking too. I don't think I'd go out on a boat with just myself and a preschooler.

Right? Someone on a local FB group wanted to go kayaking on a river with her 4yo. I wanted to say exactly that, but people were suggesting ways to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chlobo
07-10-2020, 09:00 AM

this is what my daughter kept saying. Why would you *rent* a boat with just you and your toddler. And then go swimming. Just seemed odd.

jgenie
07-10-2020, 09:22 AM
I hope so too. If it was premeditated, you would think she would leave her son with someone rather than bringing him along.

hwin708
07-10-2020, 11:03 AM
I don't think it's that odd that she went out with just her son. She's a single mother. That's her family. I definitely know boat people who would do this, the same way I would take my child to the beach on my own. I agree that it is a dangerous activity. But definitely something people still do.

A pontoon ladder is typically like a staircase, very easy to climb up, so it tracks that a 4 year old could do it on his own. After that, anything could have happened. She could have had an out of the blue seizure before she could follow him onto the boat. Anything. I see no point in speculating a deliberate act, given that there is no note and she took her son with her.

Truly tragic.

AngB
07-10-2020, 03:13 PM
I hope so too. If it was premeditated, you would think she would leave her son with someone rather than bringing him along.

Also, she couldn't have known her 4 yo would just hang out on the boat while mommy was missing. I mean, thank goodness he did. But I have a 4yo who gets hysterical if he wakes up and I'm outside with the puppy and toddler even though he *knows* I'm just outside. I would not trust him to wait for help on a boat if something happened to me.

It's so, so sad though. I hope her son ends up okay from the trauma of it all.

westwoodmom04
07-10-2020, 04:17 PM
Apparently they are looking into whether a jet skier in the area may have had some accidental contact that caused her drowning.

Kindra178
07-10-2020, 05:11 PM
It's bizarre that show had so many sad outcomes for its cast members. Has any other show every had three cast members die unnatural deaths in a 6 year period?