PDA

View Full Version : I hate the uncertainty Covid is causing in my planning!

MSWR0319
07-20-2020, 04:53 PM
I know this is trivial, but since the Dude Perfect tour has been reschedule for next summer, there are now tickets available. My kids LOVE them! It would be a great Christmas present, but the practical side of me tells me it's not going to happen next summer either and even if it does I don't know that I'd feel comfortable going because I don't know what's going to happen!! Would you feel comfortable purchasing tickets for a large indoor event for next summer?

SnuggleBuggles
07-20-2020, 05:08 PM
Yes but I’d probably buy the extra insurance though ey usually offer

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

wencit
07-20-2020, 05:08 PM
What is their cancellation policy?

carolinamama
07-20-2020, 05:13 PM
I want to say yes, but honestly, I have no idea.

jgenie
07-20-2020, 05:21 PM
At the rate we’re going, I wouldn’t unless they were refundable tickets.

gymnbomb
07-20-2020, 05:23 PM
I would not purchase non refundable tickets to anything unless it was very soon and I knew I would be going, or it was cheap enough I didn’t care about losing the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newnana
07-20-2020, 07:05 PM
I would buy if the refund policy matches your approach or is within your comfort zone of losing out on the money.

For example, what if they can and do have the concert but you aren't comfortable going? Can you sell the tickets?

I would also caution something like this as a Christmas present right now. Maybe purchase quietly and keep in your back pocket until day before so you are sure you can go and a sweet summer super because I love you gift. We gifted DD a trip to NYC and her ideal broadway show for her gigantic present (way way way over what we would normally do) for over spring break. The trip was to start the day everything shut down, super disappointing and not a gift I can redo. Because it was a big gift, she didn't really get anything else, but the gifting happened months before the decision not to go.

Good luck!

petesgirl
07-21-2020, 01:24 AM
I would buy if the refund policy matches your approach or is within your comfort zone of losing out on the money.

For example, what if they can and do have the concert but you aren't comfortable going? Can you sell the tickets?

I would also caution something like this as a Christmas present right now. Maybe purchase quietly and keep in your back pocket until day before so you are sure you can go and a sweet summer super because I love you gift. We gifted DD a trip to NYC and her ideal broadway show for her gigantic present (way way way over what we would normally do) for over spring break. The trip was to start the day everything shut down, super disappointing and not a gift I can redo. Because it was a big gift, she didn't really get anything else, but the gifting happened months before the decision not to go.

Good luck!

This still makes me so sad for your family! I remember how much planning went into that gift and how epic your trip was going to be. And how much you agonized over not going.

mmsmom
07-21-2020, 09:09 AM
I am such a planner too and I have just had to succumb to the fact that everything has to be last minute decisions right now. We have tickets for 2 concerts- one in July and one in September. They have both been rescheduled for the same months in 2021. We will go eventually so haven’t tried for a refund but I think they were offering them or at least a credit.

MSWR0319
07-21-2020, 09:57 AM
I am such a planner too and I have just had to succumb to the fact that everything has to be last minute decisions right now. We have tickets for 2 concerts- one in July and one in September. They have both been rescheduled for the same months in 2021. We will go eventually so haven’t tried for a refund but I think they were offering them or at least a credit.

You're right!! I know I have to deal with last minute planning, I'm just not good at it ;)

Great point about not giving as a Christmas gift pp!! We probably won't buy tickets, it was just a dream that I could plan something I think :rotflmao:

basil
07-21-2020, 10:04 AM
I probably wouldn't buy, even though I am cautiously optimistic we'll be doing many more things in summer 2021. But knowing my kids, there would be something they like better a whole year from now!

newnana
07-21-2020, 12:20 PM
This still makes me so sad for your family! I remember how much planning went into that gift and how epic your trip was going to be. And how much you agonized over not going.

Thank you so much. Definitely a low point in our year. Broke my heart for DD (and us, we needed it). Oh well. It's a good thing we're good at not leaving the house, it will be harder when school starts (current school plan is full time in person as normal, wtf) and we can't let DD go. She's such a trooper with DHs illness that I feel like she already sacrifices so much. Not going on that trip was a major bummer.

Last year we signed her up for an international trip through a school program for next summer (so 2 years in the planning/payments already). We are still paying for it on the long shot she gets to go, but not optimistic. Our plan is to not talk to her about that until the decision is crystal clear.

Sorry for the hijack, OP. Just really felt like I needed to reply to this lovely virtual hug.

gatorsmom
07-21-2020, 12:49 PM
Well, our house rental in France for this past May was postponed to next year in June. Legally the house owners didn’t have to help us out. I can’t imagine they’d let us postpone it again. We plan to go. Now we are jus hoping and Praying that France doesn’t restrict American travelers. If It were my choice now, I wouldn’t buy tickets for next summer. If you do, I think it would be smart if you also got insurance in case you or they have to cancel.