PDA

View Full Version : Prime Day deals?

scrooks
10-12-2020, 11:14 AM
Anyone see any great pre-prime day deals?

nfceagles
10-12-2020, 01:29 PM
I’m not finding anything I want. [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie
10-12-2020, 02:04 PM
I would like a waterproof kindle but can’t seem to find that info on the models listed for Prime Day.

AngB
10-12-2020, 08:03 PM
I would like a waterproof kindle but can’t seem to find that info on the models listed for Prime Day.

I just saw this on slickdeals https://slickdeals.net/f/14408762-prime-members-8gb-kindle-paperwhite-wifi-waterproof-e-reader-w-special-offers-80-via-alexa-voice-shopping-free-s-h?src=frontpage

Amazon (link for reference only) offers Prime Members: 8GB Kindle Paperwhite WiFi Waterproof E-Reader w/ Special Offers (Black) for $79.99 when you order thru Alexa Voice Shopping via an Echo Device. Shipping is free

jgenie
10-12-2020, 08:53 PM
I just saw this on slickdeals https://slickdeals.net/f/14408762-prime-members-8gb-kindle-paperwhite-wifi-waterproof-e-reader-w-special-offers-80-via-alexa-voice-shopping-free-s-h?src=frontpage

Amazon (link for reference only) offers Prime Members: 8GB Kindle Paperwhite WiFi Waterproof E-Reader w/ Special Offers (Black) for $79.99 when you order thru Alexa Voice Shopping via an Echo Device. Shipping is free

Thank you!!

georgiegirl
10-12-2020, 09:50 PM
Air pod pros are down to $199

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wendibird22
10-13-2020, 11:03 AM
I bought Air Pod Pros for DD1 xmas and an Echo Show with free smart plug for DD2 for birthday. Both were on early prime deal access and have already been received at my house.

liz
10-13-2020, 12:07 PM
I'm debating getting a new Paperwhite, but I'm on the fence. I have an older first generation Paperwhite that I use often. Lately it has been getting error messages while downloading and in general just runs slower than it used to. Sometimes there is a lag when I "turn" pages. Of course I feel like this is a conspiracy since my older Paperwhite has been acting funny since I opened an Amazon ad for the newer Paperwhite :D. What do you think? Something about sitting here on a rainy day just itching to buy something...this Prime Day is dangerous

So far I bought some Amazon packing cubes and a puffer jacket for DS. I have charging cords and bricks sitting in my cart- really useful for my travel bag...but we're not traveling right now so I may pass. Also a new pan and I'm looking for workout leggings for me.

nfceagles
10-13-2020, 12:50 PM
I bought this robot vacuum that came recommended on a prior thread. I’ve been watching it for a while and it’s a Prime Deal for $399, $100 less than what it’s been at for a while.

Roborock S6 Pure Robot Vacuum and Mop, Multi-Floor Mapping, Lidar Navigation, No-go Zones, Selective Room Cleaning, Super Strong Suction, Wi-Fi Connected, Alexa Voice Control https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084Z5P2BX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_GPDHFbY0DDA0P

DualvansMommy
10-13-2020, 06:53 PM
I'm debating getting a new Paperwhite, but I'm on the fence. I have an older first generation Paperwhite that I use often. Lately it has been getting error messages while downloading and in general just runs slower than it used to. Sometimes there is a lag when I "turn" pages. Of course I feel like this is a conspiracy since my older Paperwhite has been acting funny since I opened an Amazon ad for the newer Paperwhite :D. What do you think? Something about sitting here on a rainy day just itching to buy something...this Prime Day is dangerous

So far I bought some Amazon packing cubes and a puffer jacket for DS. I have charging cords and bricks sitting in my cart- really useful for my travel bag...but we're not traveling right now so I may pass. Also a new pan and I'm looking for workout leggings for me.

in the other thread i asked the very same question. Apparently you can get a paperwhite kindle for 80 bucks if you order it with Alexa, i tried that but it's showing full price though. Not 80.

DualvansMommy
10-13-2020, 06:53 PM

in the other thread i asked the very same question. Apparently you can get a paperwhite kindle for 80 bucks if you order it with Alexa, i tried that but it's showing full price though. Not 80.

jgenie
10-13-2020, 07:17 PM

It’s this one. You can trade in an old Kindle for credit if you have one. I was able to get $25 for my old Kindle plus $10 for shopping at WF and $10 for shopping small business plus used a gift card. My out of pocket was $15!

https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Kindle-Paperwhite-Waterproof-Storage/dp/B07CXG6C9W/ref=gbps_img_m-8_7f21_94ec8fbd?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=98d4b893-ebba-48af-b12d-d6f777e37f21&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=14611812011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=AJCX33NT91JYRXXA2ERW

DualvansMommy
10-13-2020, 08:04 PM
It’s this one. You can trade in an old Kindle for credit if you have one. I was able to get $25 for my old Kindle plus $10 for shopping at WF and $10 for shopping small business plus used a gift card. My out of pocket was $15!

https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Kindle-Paperwhite-Waterproof-Storage/dp/B07CXG6C9W/ref=gbps_img_m-8_7f21_94ec8fbd?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=98d4b893-ebba-48af-b12d-d6f777e37f21&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=14611812011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=AJCX33NT91JYRXXA2ERW

Thanks! When I clicked on your link, it showed $80 price deal. I also saw the option to trade in current device, so like you I’m only paying out of pocket 10 dollars. Good score!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lil_acorn
10-13-2020, 09:01 PM
I am tempted. My out of pocket would be $55 with the trade in but my current kindle still works fine(knock on wood)! But it is ten years old...

elbert
10-13-2020, 10:43 PM
Thanks! When I clicked on your link, it showed $80 price deal. I also saw the option to trade in current device, so like you I’m only paying out of pocket 10 dollars. Good score!

How do you find the trade-in option? I’m definitely in the market for a new one!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

jgenie
10-13-2020, 10:46 PM
How do you find the trade-in option? I’m definitely in the market for a new one!

Before you Add the kindle to your cart there is a green box that has the option to upgrade and save with trade in. If you check that box, it will walk you through which kindle you’re trading in and offer a price.

liz
10-14-2020, 09:11 AM

I am tempted. My out of pocket would be $55 with the trade in but my current kindle still works fine(knock on wood)! But it is ten years old...

Wow! You got some great deals! When I go to trade in my 6 yo Paperwhite, it only gives me a $5 trade in credit (boo).

elbert
10-14-2020, 09:12 AM
Before you Add the kindle to your cart there is a green box that has the option to upgrade and save with trade in. If you check that box, it will walk you through which kindle you’re trading in and offer a price.

Thank you!

elbert
10-14-2020, 09:13 AM

Thank you!

liz
10-14-2020, 09:27 AM
Wow! You got some great deals! When I go to trade in my 6 yo Paperwhite, it only gives me a $5 trade in credit (boo).

ok, after investigating some more, I think I do qualify for the $25 credit. I originally went on the main Amazon page for the Kindle Paperwhite. There was a grey button (under the $79.99 price) that says "Upgrade and Save with Trade In". If I click that button, it recognizes my Kindle but only gives me $5 credit. If I go this link https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Trade-In/b?ie=UTF8&node=10825010011, I pick my Kindle from this screen. At this point, I get an instant $25 credit. Not sure why there is a discrepancy between the two?

Twin Mom
10-14-2020, 10:01 AM
Same price for me too. Mine works but itÂ’s old!

lil_acorn
10-14-2020, 10:46 AM
ok, after investigating some more, I think I do qualify for the $25 credit. I originally went on the main Amazon page for the Kindle Paperwhite. There was a grey button (under the $79.99 price) that says "Upgrade and Save with Trade In". If I click that button, it recognizes my Kindle but only gives me $5 credit. If I go this link https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Trade-In/b?ie=UTF8&node=10825010011, I pick my Kindle from this screen. At this point, I get an instant $25 credit. Not sure why there is a discrepancy between the two?

I had the same thing happen so not sure what to make of it?

DualvansMommy
10-14-2020, 10:58 AM

For me; first attempt was doing from my phone. Then tried again with one of pp’s links on my desktop and it worked. So maybe the formatting on each device make it different. Not sure exactly either.

liz
10-14-2020, 11:10 AM
Sooo, I only paid $32.36? Amazing deal! I attached the receipt. I figured at best I would get an instant $25 towards the Paperwhite, making it $55. Now looks like I get trade in ($26 for a 6th generation) PLUS $25 off? I don't understand it, but I'll take it [emoji4]

ETA, my Kindle is already packed up ready for UPS 5112

lil_acorn
10-14-2020, 02:44 PM
Sooo, I only paid $32.36? Amazing deal! I attached the receipt. I figured at best I would get an instant $25 towards the Paperwhite, making it $55. Now looks like I get trade in ($26 for a 6th generation) PLUS $25 off? I don't understand it, but I'll take it [emoji4]

it looks you had a gift card loaded on for $25 already in your account.

lil_acorn
10-14-2020, 02:45 PM

it looks you had a gift card loaded on for $25 already in your account.

liz
10-14-2020, 03:44 PM
it looks you had a gift card loaded on for $25 already in your account.I don't know where it came from, neither DH or I had any gift cards or any Amazon credit at all. Plus, DH has his own account. It wasn't there a few days ago when I placed an order. Strange.

lil_acorn
10-14-2020, 03:55 PM
I don't know where it came from, neither DH or I had any gift cards or any Amazon credit at all. Plus, DH has his own account. It wasn't there a few days ago when I placed an order. Strange.

i figured it out--20% off for trade in towards future purchase (-$26), $25 for the actual trade in (that's the gift card), and then $50 off for prime day deal of the day
I just placed my order too!

lil_acorn
10-14-2020, 03:55 PM
I don't know where it came from, neither DH or I had any gift cards or any Amazon credit at all. Plus, DH has his own account. It wasn't there a few days ago when I placed an order. Strange.

i figured it out--20% off for trade in towards future purchase (-$26), $25 for the actual trade in (that's the gift card), and then $50 off for prime day deal of the day

liz
10-14-2020, 04:17 PM

Just coming to post this! I was reading the Slickdeals thread. I figured the 20% was off the original price of $129.99, so that's the $26 discount. Then the trade in was an additional $25 off. So if anyone is thinking about buying a Kindle e-reader, I think this is the best price until holiday deals show up. HTH!

The promotional credit can be used only toward the purchase of a new Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Oasis, or Kindle for Kids Bundle (each, a "Qualifying Device") that is shipped and sold by Amazon.com Services LLC. Once your trade-in is accepted, you can place a new Qualifying Device (as defined below) in your cart and the 20% promotional credit will be automatically applied at checkout."

jgenie
10-14-2020, 04:26 PM
I just looked at my account and I got the same! $26 trade in and $25 for old kindle!!

liz
10-14-2020, 04:32 PM
I just looked at my account and I got the same! $26 trade in and $25 for old kindle!!

Yay!! :cheerleader1: So awesome that so many of us got this great deal!

Now off to order a cover and to wait patiently until my Kindle arrives Nov 15....

Just FYI, if anyone has a PenFed credit card they are offering $25 cash back if you spend $150 on Amazon between Oct 13-14.

Some add'l Amazon deals:

If you buy or reload an Amazon GC for $40, you'll get an addtional $10

Cetaphil $7.xx if you're an Amazon Prime member, reg price $12.88 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086LJQNB2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

sf333
10-14-2020, 10:13 PM
The kindle deal isn’t working for me. It tells me that I’ll receive the 20% discount once they receive and appraise my current kindle. Any ideas?

jgenie
10-14-2020, 10:25 PM
The kindle deal isn’t working for me. It tells me that I’ll receive the 20% discount once they receive and appraise my current kindle. Any ideas?

I think I received a similar message. Try closing out and going back in.

sf333
10-14-2020, 10:32 PM
I think I received a similar message. Try closing out and going back in.

I have and it's not working. Chatting with CS now...

mommy111
10-19-2020, 07:38 PM
I bought this robot vacuum that came recommended on a prior thread. I’ve been watching it for a while and it’s a Prime Deal for $399, $100 less than what it’s been at for a while.

Roborock S6 Pure Robot Vacuum and Mop, Multi-Floor Mapping, Lidar Navigation, No-go Zones, Selective Room Cleaning, Super Strong Suction, Wi-Fi Connected, Alexa Voice Control https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084Z5P2BX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_GPDHFbY0DDA0P

How do you like it? I am thinking of getting one for Black Friday. Especially the mopping

nfceagles
10-19-2020, 07:55 PM
How do you like it? I am thinking of getting one for Black Friday. Especially the mopping

I haven’t opened the box yet! I’m debating opening it versus saving it as a Christmas present (for myself). I’ll let you know if I cave and try it before Black Friday.

urquie
10-20-2020, 12:56 AM
I haven’t opened the box yet! I’m debating opening it versus saving it as a Christmas present (for myself). I’ll let you know if I cave and try it before Black Friday.

Would be good to try it out while it is still in the return window. :-)

urquie
10-20-2020, 12:56 AM

Would be good to try it out while it is still in the return window. :-)

liz
10-25-2020, 10:55 AM
Just FYI for those who bought new Kindles on Prime Day, Amazon sent me a $5 Kindle book credit. So check your emails!

Twin Mom
11-25-2020, 01:15 PM
If anyone sees this type of deal again on the paperwhite please post. I missed the prime day deal and I regret it!

Thanks and happy thanksgiving. ������

Twin Mom
11-25-2020, 01:15 PM
Duplicate.