PDA

View Full Version : pillow for neck pain

Globetrotter
01-30-2021, 11:03 PM
From time to time I get slight neck pain after sleeping, and I think it's my pillow. Can you recommend a good pillow for that? I sleep on my side or stomach.

ahisma
01-30-2021, 11:14 PM
This worked wonders for me: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/wamsutta-reg-extra-firm-side-sleeper-pillow/3256471?nrtv_cid=d650088a8aa89ff8c8ccac8cb4e24469f a267f1f232104b9924c0cb3f4cf88f2&utm_medium=native&utm_source=narrativ&utm_campaign=BATH_Cor_CorePRO_COUSA_NV_NA_WPCR_XXX XXXXXXX_XXXXX_PxXXXXXXX_XXXX_XXXX_XXXXXXXXXXXXX_XX XXX_COUSA_XXXXX_XXXXXX_NARR_XX_XX_XX_XXXXXXX&mcid=DA_Kepler_PR_Narrativ_BBBY&dclid=CjgKEAiApNSABhC-3-n6vqutylsSJACtcdAhIY_Pk7WdApdCQeKGrw4akmYxiKD2yhv1 sbT_sCfoNvD_BwE

hillview
01-30-2021, 11:51 PM
My Chiro at mass general hospital suggested this one. But you have to back sleep. Huge improvement!
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/therapedic-reg-neck-roll-support-pillow/1062620185?keyword=neck+pillows

Globetrotter
02-02-2021, 01:43 PM
Thanks! All these years I’ve never paid attention to the type of pillow I use, but as I get older all these little things seem to matter more LOL

dogmom
02-02-2021, 03:20 PM
I found my neck pain was because I tended to tuck my chin in and curl up when sleeping. It was more of a body mechanic thing for me. (I’m a side sleeper.). I saw a a PT that explained by chronic neck pain was because I slumped and then would lift by chin up during the day slightly to see. This was a habit that had gone on for years and years. It took 6 months, but she help me retrain my posture and not have these default positions. At one point she had be wrap a small towel around my neck when I was sleeping and keep me from tucking my chin. Although a truly crappy pillow will trigger neck issues for me, it’s much more of a sleep posture thing. Sometimes and I have to revisit by posture, I saw her 25 years ago. I will say she fixed my neck issue, and got my shoulders to be even for the first time in my life. No other provider, doctor or chiropractor, identified the issue.

Globetrotter
02-02-2021, 05:41 PM
I have terrible posture - always have - and recently I've been reading in bed on my laptop in strange positions. I'm sure that doesn't help!