PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day gift ideas for kids?

liz
02-02-2021, 07:59 PM
I'm looking for some ideas for Valentine gifts. I usually give the kids a small surprise, but this year I'm really stumped for ideas. I typically give small things, but some years I've gone bigger. Sometimes it's practical, sometimes just plain fun. I've got candy and will probably do a fun dessert after dinner. My kids are ages 11-17.

SnuggleBuggles
02-02-2021, 08:04 PM
I bought a cute fleece Valentines Day blanket from Target for $10. That could work.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

SnuggleBuggles
02-02-2021, 08:09 PM
I bought a cute fleece Valentines Day blanket from Target for $10. That could work.

mom2binsd
02-02-2021, 08:54 PM
My kids, age 15 and 17 still like when I get them candy, usually a gift card for a store they like, not a big amount.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jennilynn
02-02-2021, 09:55 PM
I’m stumped this year too! I was thinking a book or game for each but couldn’t come up with one my youngest would like. I’m still considering a small succulent and a treat but may just do a gift card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liziz
02-02-2021, 10:32 PM
I'm giving my kids bath bombs. Even though they shower on regular days, they looooove taking baths with bath bombs! They're inexpensive, consumable, and don't add to all the junk food that accumulates at any holiday!

gatorsmom
02-02-2021, 11:06 PM
I usually get a tiny box of candy and some stuffed animal or funny toy all generally sourced from Target bins. I don’t usually make a big thing of it because it feels like Christmas was just yesterday! One year I got them fake puke, fake gum packets and whoppi cushions. That was fun. Or maybe I’m remembering wrong and I put that in their Easter basket. I’m getting old and forgetful.

klwa
02-03-2021, 07:43 AM
I got my kids the mini Squishmallows that they have a Walmart in the Valentines section this year along with some Pez.

jgenie
02-03-2021, 08:52 AM
I bought mini stuffies from Target $ Spot and have candy from Xmas- I bought way too much for Xmas!

KpbS
02-03-2021, 09:13 AM
I made a tradition years ago to give a book/s for Valentine’s Day.

carolinamama
02-03-2021, 01:51 PM
Small stuffed animal
Squishmallow
Throw blanket
Fun pens/markers and journal
Colored pencils and teen/adult coloring book
Nail polish
Bath bomb/bath soak for sore muscles especially if you have athletes
New water bottle
Scented lotions or hand sanitizers
Mature Lego sets
GC for whatever is a little special for your kid
Small sports balls
And my kids' favorite - candy

SnuggleBuggles
02-03-2021, 02:13 PM
If you are going to stores, 5 Below would be a good one stop shop.

bisous
02-03-2021, 02:35 PM
We don't usually do anything for the kids for Valentines Day. We make strawberry chocolate crepes and make Valentines to give to friends. :)

hellokitty
02-04-2021, 04:38 PM
Our valentine tradition over the past few years has been my husband making creme brulee in cute little heart-shaped ramekins. That's all we do for valentine's day.

billysmommy
02-04-2021, 04:46 PM
We’re doing a fancy dinner this year. Filet mignon and lobster tails with seafood risotto. Both boys (17&14) enjoy cooking so it will be quality family time in addition to a yummy meal

Melaine
02-04-2021, 05:05 PM
No Valentine’s for the kids (or each other) typically.

carolinacool
02-04-2021, 05:48 PM
I'm not sure. My DS, 11, actually doesn't eat very much candy. Only a mini Hershey bar every now and then.

He still loves big plush animals, and I looked at some at Walmart last night. But I think DH's eyes would roll right out of his head. And DS probably is hitting the limit on the number of stuffed animals he can have in his room.

Spring AAU basketball season will kick off in March. DS likes his Gatorade water bottles, so I might spring for one of the fancier versions.

liz
02-04-2021, 08:20 PM
I'm not sure. My DS, 11, actually doesn't eat very much candy. Only a mini Hershey bar every now and then.

He still loves big plush animals, and I looked at some at Walmart last night. But I think DH's eyes would roll right out of his head. And DS probably is hitting the limit on the number of stuffed animals he can have in his room.

Spring AAU basketball season will kick off in March. DS likes his Gatorade water bottles, so I might spring for one of the fancier versions.

Look at Squishmallows! They are sooo soft and cute. And Big. My boys each got one at Christmas (the 16" version). They sell different sizes at Walgreens, both instore and online. They were a HUGE hit in our household! I know what you mean about limiting stuffed animals, but my kids loved them and my kids are teens.

carolinacool
02-04-2021, 10:08 PM
Look at Squishmallows! They are sooo soft and cute. And Big. My boys each got one at Christmas (the 16" version). They sell different sizes at Walgreens, both instore and online. They were a HUGE hit in our household! I know what you mean about limiting stuffed animals, but my kids loved them and my kids are teens.

He would loves those! There’s a Walgreens two minutes from my house. I’ll run over there tomorrow. Thanks!

carolinacool
02-04-2021, 10:08 PM

He would loves those! There’s a Walgreens two minutes from my house. I’ll run over there tomorrow. Thanks!

jgenie
02-04-2021, 11:50 PM

These are awesome! I bought one for each of my boys and had to go back to get one for myself. It’s on my lap as I type this. :D

liz
02-05-2021, 10:23 AM
These are awesome! I bought one for each of my boys and had to go back to get one for myself. It’s on my lap as I type this. :D

DH and I keep saying we need to buy one for ourselves! I think this year in particular they were so popular with our kids because of the pandemic. They are home all the time except for hybrid days at school. Squishmallows are so friggin huggable and soft, I swear it's been like a security blanket. They make excellent pillows when doing homework or resting.

carolinacool
02-05-2021, 01:38 PM
I just ran to Walgreens and grabbed the last large one they had. It's a cheetah and was the last one of any size that wasn't pink/purple/unicorn, which I don't think DS would have liked.

Thanks again!

liz
02-05-2021, 04:06 PM
I just ran to Walgreens and grabbed the last large one they had. It's a cheetah and was the last one of any size that wasn't pink/purple/unicorn, which I don't think DS would have liked.

Thanks again!

oh, that's great! I agree, a lot of the designs skew towards rainbow colors. I bought the dog, beaver, bear that were in the beige/brown color for my kids. We actually got that cheetah for my mom since my kids wanted to get her one! I'm surprised about not seeing much selection online right now at Walgreens, before Christmas they had dozens and dozens of styles. I have seen them sold at Target and the Paper Store, but they are smaller sizes. Anyway, I hope your son likes it!!

rollycolly2007
02-05-2021, 04:44 PM
I bought my kids (5 and 2) heart shaped macaroons from Trader Joe’s. We eat really healthy in our home, so this will definitely be a huge surprise for them since it contains a lot of sugar. 🤣[emoji23]

zukeypur
02-08-2021, 10:54 AM
We're ordering from Tiff's Treats. There's nothing like warm, delicious, fresh from the oven cookies that you don't have to bake yourself.

AnnieW625
02-08-2021, 05:37 PM
Dd1 is getting this keychain that references Lil’ Sebastian from Parks and Rec.:

https://www.amazon.com/POTIY-Recreation-Keychain-Sebastian-Inspired/dp/B0886F5986/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=lil+sebastian+keychain&qid=1612819298&sr=8-1

Ddd2 is getting a set of 8 or 10 Lipsmackers that I picked up at Target.

Dd1 also picked out her own candy at Target (Hershey’s Kisses) and I will probably pick out some candy for Dd2 as well.

I also made one of those heart photo collages from Minted with photos from moments at our old house. I have never spent that much money for Valentine’s Day but I think everyone will like it.

I usually don’t do much for Valentine’s Day as mine and DH’s anniversary is today (2/8) so we always go out to eat as a family. DH is getting the Lil Sebastian keychain as well, a Ron Swanson Funko Pop, and a Cones of Dunshire t shirt for our anniversary; totally not romantic at all, but I couldn’t pass it up because he and the DDs have been watching snippets of Parks and Rec on YouTube since DD1 and DH finished binge watching it late last year.