PDA

View Full Version : Kdramas - I can't stop watching! Any recommendations/favorites to watch?

MMMommy
02-04-2021, 06:51 PM
I can't believe it's taken me this long to actually watch a Kdrama. I am so addicted and so entertained! I'm currently watching Crash Landing On You (Netflix) and love it. For those not familiar, some are available on Neflix. Others I watch for free on the Viki app (with ads). You can also opt for the ad-free paid version on Viki too.

Prior to this, I watched Boys Over Flowers, Legend of the Blue Sea, Inheritors, and What's Wrong With Secretary Kim. DD2 and I are hooked on these. DD2 has also been watching Start-Up (Netflix).

For other Kdrama fans, which ones do you love and recommend?

dhano923
02-05-2021, 12:51 AM
I do K-Dramas and C-Dramas, although I watch more K-dramas. I've been watching them for a few years, so it's nice to see more options in the US now! I have the Viki Pass. I'm currently watching True Beauty on Viki and Lovestruck in the City and Run On on Netflix.

Some of my favorites on Netflix (N) and Viki (V):
Descendants of the Sun (V)
Guardian (V)
Cinderella and the Four Knights (V and N)
Hi Bye Mama (N)
The King Eternal Monarch (N) - want to watch this again
Tale of the Nine Tailed (V)
Record of Youth (N)
Itaewon Class (N)
Strong Woman Bong Soon (V)
Oh My Venus (V)

Those are a few similar to the ones you watched already. I don't really watch the sci-fi or period dramas.

If you want to try C-Dramas, Meteor Garden (N) is the Chinese version of Boys Over Flowers from a couple years ago. I watched it 3 times - I liked it better than BOF! The original Meteor Garden was filmed in the 90s, so this was a remake. Count Your lucky Stars (V) was a fun watch too (the male lead from the original MG and the female lead from the MG remake).

MMMommy
02-05-2021, 03:44 AM
I do K-Dramas and C-Dramas, although I watch more K-dramas. I've been watching them for a few years, so it's nice to see more options in the US now! I have the Viki Pass. I'm currently watching True Beauty on Viki and Lovestruck in the City and Run On on Netflix.

Some of my favorites on Netflix (N) and Viki (V):
Descendants of the Sun (V)
Guardian (V)
Cinderella and the Four Knights (V and N)
Hi Bye Mama (N)
The King Eternal Monarch (N) - want to watch this again
Tale of the Nine Tailed (V)
Record of Youth (N)
Itaewon Class (N)
Strong Woman Bong Soon (V)
Oh My Venus (V)

Those are a few similar to the ones you watched already. I don't really watch the sci-fi or period dramas.

If you want to try C-Dramas, Meteor Garden (N) is the Chinese version of Boys Over Flowers from a couple years ago. I watched it 3 times - I liked it better than BOF! The original Meteor Garden was filmed in the 90s, so this was a remake. Count Your lucky Stars (V) was a fun watch too (the male lead from the original MG and the female lead from the MG remake).

Thank you! I will add these to my Watch Lists!

ett
02-05-2021, 09:04 AM
I love Kdramas! I'm currently watching 100 Days My Prince, which is available on both Netflix and Viki. I'm almost done with My Unfamiliar Family on Viki.

Favorites of mine on Netflix include Hospital Playlist, It's Okay to Not Be Okay, Because This is My First Life, Stranger (loved season 1; haven't seen season 2 yet). Loved Crash Landing on You.

My favorites on Viki include Something About One Percent, Flower of Evil, Thirty But Seventeen, Lawless Lawyer, Dr. Romantic, Fated to Love You, Good Doctor, Two Weeks. You do need Viki Pass Plus to watch some of them though.

I've watched a few Cdramas and recommend A Love So Beautiful on Netflix. There is also currently a Korean remake of that airing on Netflix which I have not seen.

I've watched a bunch of Tdramas and recommend Autumn's Concerto on Netflix and Someday or One Day on Viki.

I've been watching for a few years and can recommend others if you're looking for recommendations in a particular genre.