PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected PTO Donation

JenChem
02-09-2021, 02:26 PM
Our PTO unexpectedly received two checks from a company named CyberGrants. I'm checking in with our admin to see if anyone knows who solicited these check, but I also thought I'd check with you mamas in case this is some kind of scam.

Anyone have any weird experience like this?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

chlobo
02-09-2021, 02:33 PM
It's possible that these are from a person who uses CyberGrants to donate money. That would be my guess.

crn
02-09-2021, 03:53 PM
Many corporations use cybergrants to handle their grants/philanthropic donations. Could be a matching gift for an employee gift, direct payroll deduction for an employee, or corporate grant that was requested for your org by an employee. Usually it should note at least the organization making the payment, but may not list the specific employee who directed/requested the payment. There may be a letter with a link to log in for more information?

jerigirl
02-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Many corporations use cybergrants to handle their grants/philanthropic donations. Could be a matching gift for an employee gift, direct payroll deduction for an employee, or corporate grant that was requested for your org by an employee. Usually it should note at least the organization making the payment, but may not list the specific employee who directed/requested the payment. There may be a letter with a link to log in for more information?

This ^^^^^ It most likely is a company matching situation.

ETA: Walmart Community Grants also now uses Cybergrants.

JenChem
02-10-2021, 10:48 AM
Thank you! I will look into this possibility.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

belovedgandp
02-10-2021, 11:54 AM
Yes, most likely a third party company administering donations from employees. I've seen a few different ones. If I look really close I can typically figure out the employer. But the specific employee name is rarely included.