PDA

View Full Version : Microwave replacement?

chlobo
02-21-2021, 12:51 PM
We had to get rid of our above the range microwave in order to put in a more powerful exhaust hood for our gas stove.

Has anyone here done away with their microwave altogether? What do you use to reheat things? Is there something like a toaster oven that does it faster? I keep reading about steam ovens but I'm not clear if that's a good solution.

gymnbomb
02-21-2021, 01:18 PM
We use our microwave a lot and would find a different place to put one if we had to get rid of our current above the stove model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niccig
02-21-2021, 01:28 PM
We have a small countertop model on shelf in walk-in pantry. I only used it for reheating food before Covid. Now with DH and DS home for lunch, they make various frozen food in it for lunch. A more powerful model would be better for that kind of cooking

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

ezcc
02-21-2021, 01:31 PM
I have a small countertop one also, but it needs replacing. I wouldn't mind trying to live without it- I think most things could be warmed up on the stove or toaster oven but ds likes frozen burritos- and a few things like that, not sure how I would do those.

doberbrat
02-21-2021, 01:35 PM
I think You have to decide how much your family uses it. Ours died in the fall and we had to replace it after a few weeks. Just couldnt do without it. Warming up leftovers became a PIA. Even making a cup of hot chocolate became a chore.

essnce629
02-21-2021, 05:04 PM
We use our microwave a lot and would find a different place to put one if we had to get rid of our current above the stove model.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThis is us as well. We use our microwave all the time. Even more right now since all 5 of us are home 24/7.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

MMMommy
02-21-2021, 06:01 PM
I don't think I could get by without a microwave. It's a lifesaver and gets used so much. I feel like there is no easy substitute for a microwave.

SnuggleBuggles
02-21-2021, 06:49 PM
For sure couldn’t live without it. We tried. Everything that you use a microwave for takes a lot longer using alternatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

ncat
02-22-2021, 12:22 AM
We did the same in our last house - we put a small microwave on the counter. I was so happy to get a decent hood, but we would not have functioned well without a microwave.