PDA

View Full Version : Any engineers here that can recommend a software for commercial machinery maintenance

gatorsmom
03-02-2021, 01:32 PM
A nonprofit where I volunteer is looking for a software that would help us budget for large machinery maintenance and replacement. There are 3 buildings now on our campus with 5 or more boilers, individual heating and air conditioning systems, lift stations, and several other very expensive pieces of machinery. Maintenance of our grounds and buildings requires four full time employees. A software that helps track maintenance and costs would be really helpful. Can anyone here recommend something? I know there are several engineers here so I just thought I’d ask. TIA!

khm
03-02-2021, 02:15 PM
A nonprofit where I volunteer is looking for a software that would help us budget for large machinery maintenance and replacement. There are 3 buildings now on our campus with 5 or more boilers, individual heating and air conditioning systems, lift stations, and several other very expensive pieces of machinery. Maintenance of our grounds and buildings requires four full time employees. A software that helps track maintenance and costs would be really helpful. Can anyone here recommend something? I know there are several engineers here so I just thought I’d ask. TIA!

I don't know of a software that could do that, but at my firm, we'd do a quick study of the facilities and lay out a plan and projected costs for future maintenance and replacement. I'd maybe reach out to one of the firms who did the initial lift station or whatever.

Zansu
03-02-2021, 06:45 PM
You're looking for a CMMS, computerized maintenance management system.

There are a number of vendors. You may want to check with your HVAC service firm to see if they have any systems they prefer.

gatorsmom
03-02-2021, 07:41 PM
You're looking for a CMMS, computerized maintenance management system.

There are a number of vendors. You may want to check with your HVAC service firm to see if they have any systems they prefer.

We were hoping this would help with budgeting. Our HVAC service firm doesn’t provide this.

jerigirl
03-02-2021, 11:57 PM
Maybe ask your local Commercial Real Estate Council/organization for a building management company contact who could give suggestions.