PDA

View Full Version : Botox, Juvéderm and Covid Vaccine

flashy09
03-07-2021, 11:06 AM
I have googled this and there seems to be no interactions. However, I worry and ruminate on this sort of thing, lol. I got Botox on Wednesday, March 3rd and am due to have my first Pfizer vaccine March 13th. Has anyone also had a vaccine in this sort of time frame after Botox? Botox scares me, even though I love it, and I have all sorts of weird scenarios swirling in my head!

I know there have been a few cases of swelling with facial fillers and my Juvéderm is still firm and undissolved close to 2 yrs later (21 months) and a spot of it that is over 3 yrs old. Most of the reactions were from fillers placed at least 6 months prior so mine being old doesn't seem to matter. I think it's unusual how long it's lasted (probably my next worry and post!) and of course my paranoid mind starts to wonder whether it's scar tissue or inflammation and if swelling from the vaccine is more likely? Should I try to get it dissolved before the vaccine?

Thank you!

zukeypur
03-07-2021, 06:27 PM
My study doctor said it was most likely fillers and not botox, but he recommended waiting 2-3 weeks after vaccine to get it.

flashy09
03-07-2021, 07:31 PM
My study doctor said it was most likely fillers and not botox, but he recommended waiting 2-3 weeks after vaccine to get it.

Do you think 10 days is close enough to 2 weeks or would you change the vaccine appointment?

zukeypur
03-07-2021, 10:08 PM
Do you think 10 days is close enough to 2 weeks or would you change the vaccine appointment?
I can't say for sure, but he seemed to think it was more fillers and not Botox. I don't think they gave him much more info than they did the public.