PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Audible books?

SASM
03-12-2021, 08:05 AM
I have a bunch of credits that I need to use before I cancel my subscription. Any favorite Audible books out there?? I would love any suggestions (comedy, travel, self-help, mystery, etc) but it’s greatly appreciated if the narrator is good! Everyone pales in comparison to Jim Dale’s Harry Potters so I am tough. I already have HP, a bunch of Outlanders, etc. THANK YOU!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erosenst
03-12-2021, 11:18 AM
I can't focus on Audible for some reason - but last time I tried several suggested BossyPants. Tina Fey reads it - need I say more?

urquie
03-12-2021, 01:39 PM
I have really enjoyed the Finishing School series, with a fun story and fabulous narrator! Love her voice and accent, perfect for that role. I listened to it many years ago, and just re-listened again. :-). The first scene is a bit confusing, but don’t let that stop you. :-)

https://www.audible.com/pd/Etiquette-Espionage-Audiobook/B00B2T29IE

This young adult steampunk series debut set in the same world as the New York Times best-selling Parasol Protectorate is filled with all the saucy adventure and droll humor Gail Carriger's legions of fans have come to adore.

Fourteen-year-old Sophronia is a great trial to her poor mother. Sophronia is more interested in dismantling clocks and climbing trees than proper manners - and the family can only hope that company never sees her atrocious curtsy. Mrs. Temminnick is desperate for her daughter to become a proper lady. So she enrolls Sophronia in Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality.

But Sophronia soon realizes the school is not quite what her mother might have hoped. At Mademoiselle Geraldine's, young ladies learn to finish...everything. Certainly, they learn the fine arts of dance, dress, and etiquette, but they also learn to deal out death, diversion, and espionage - in the politest possible ways, of course. Sophronia and her friends are in for a rousing first year's education.

doberbrat
03-12-2021, 03:43 PM
I'm really enjoying the Bridgerton series on my walks.

lizzywednesday
03-12-2021, 03:52 PM
I really struggle with audiobooks, but I have The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood because Claire Danes does the narration.

echoesofspring
03-12-2021, 07:31 PM
I've struggled to find audio books I could really get into, but I loved https://www.audible.com/pd/Maybe-You-Should-Talk-to-Someone-Audiobook/B07NLL95S4

WitMom
03-12-2021, 10:10 PM
Recently I've enjoyed Miss Benson's Beetle and Anxious People.

carolinamama
03-12-2021, 10:26 PM
I normally prefer to read novels but I do enjoy listening to the occasional self-help or non-fiction type book, especially in the car or while I'm walking. Right now I'm listening to Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle. I listened to Untamed this year and Becoming. I'm not typically a self-help book type but it's been comforting this year of loss and change.

Another option - can you select books for your kids? DS2 loves to listen to books, which is actually why we use audible.

carolinamama
03-12-2021, 10:26 PM
I normally prefer to read novels but I do enjoy listening to the occasional self-help or non-fiction type book, especially in the car or while I'm walking. Right now I'm listening to Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle. I listened to Untamed this year and Becoming. I'm not typically a self-help book type but it's been comforting this year of loss and change.

Another option - can you select books for your kids? DS2 loves to listen to books, which is actually why we use audible.

ahisma
03-12-2021, 10:58 PM
I listen quite a bit on my commute. I've really been enjoying this: https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Midnight-Library-Audiobook/059334023X?

nfceagles
03-13-2021, 02:35 AM
I would recommend Educated.

pharmjenn
03-13-2021, 04:16 AM
I would recommend Educated.

I just started listening to Educated. Not what I was expecting, but enjoying it (I was told it was a Mormon family that homeschooled)

nfceagles
03-13-2021, 10:17 AM
Duplicate post

Percycat
03-14-2021, 10:27 AM
duplicate

Percycat
03-14-2021, 10:27 AM
duplicate

Percycat
03-14-2021, 10:32 AM
Daisy and the Six is a great audio book -- each of the characters is read by a different actor -- there aren't any filler words because you know the character has changed because you learn the actor voices.

Alice's Network and All the Ways We Say Goodbye are great audio books if you like historical fiction.

The Dutch House is narrated by Tom Hanks, which is fun if you like his voice -- the story is a little slow

I also enjoyed Educated.

RiverRat
03-14-2021, 10:02 PM
I listened to the Beastie Boys Book and really enjoyed it.

Narrated by the Beastie Boys and other famous people. I also checked the book out of the library so I could look at the pictures. I really enjoyed listening to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)