PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done reiki?

musicalgrl
03-15-2021, 07:17 PM
I was on a Zoom call the other day and someone mentioned that they were a reiki master. I’ve certainly heard of it before, but don’t know much about it. I googled a bit and I’m curious. I wondered if anyone here had experience with it and whether it’s something you’d recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truly scrumptious
03-15-2021, 08:00 PM
I have practiced reiki for years. I use it personally as a meditative tool and with my family. I find it really helps me cope with stress and situations I can’t control. I don’t teach or do reiki for anyone except personally but I have found it helps me immensely.
(My mom and I learned together 20 years ago and she has gone on to become a reiki teacher.)
Happy to elaborate more if you’re interested.

musicalgrl
03-15-2021, 09:15 PM
I have practiced reiki for years. I use it personally as a meditative tool and with my family. I find it really helps me cope with stress and situations I can’t control. I don’t teach or do reiki for anyone except personally but I have found it helps me immensely.
(My mom and I learned together 20 years ago and she has gone on to become a reiki teacher.)
Happy to elaborate more if you’re interested.

Yes, I’d love to hear more. I didn’t realize it was something you could learn and do on your own. I’m literally starting from scratch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truly scrumptious
03-16-2021, 12:21 PM
You do need to learn it from a teacher/reiki master, but once you have learned it, you can practice on your own and use it privately, or can offer it to others either as a practitioner (e.g. reiki healing sessions) or as a teacher (to teach them.)
Reiki is taught in levels (level 1, 2, 3a and 3b, where 3 is the master level.) You have to be a reiki master to teach, but to practice you can learn level 1 or 2 or both.
If you're looking at classes, I would recommend looking at doing both level 1 and 2 - level 1 lays the foundation for how it works and initiates you to start doing it, but I found level 2 WAY helpful in terms of helping focus my reiki.
I use reiki as a:
- meditation tool
- way to clear my mind (so useful when going into high stress situations like interviews or business presentations, or when I need to calm down to accomplish something - e.g. when I'm panicking because I can't find something, it helps me calm down)
- recharge my energy when I'm feeling low
- healing and comfort for my kids (and myself) - especially when they are in physical pain
- focus positive energy on things I can't control (e.g. send reiki to my kid when they're having a bad day, or send reiki toward resolving an issue that I can't control)
- connect with my body and check in on how I am feeling physically, especially when coping with stress

When looking for a teacher, I'd suggest you ask for recommendations - you'd want someone who you feel comfortable with and can trust. Good luck! LMK if I can answer any other questions.