PDA

View Full Version : Last minute Easter Basket Ideas?

Melaine
04-03-2021, 07:52 AM
I don’t do Baskets every year....in fact haven’t done them in several but I have gotten the urge to surprise the kids this year. Any ideas for the 14 year old girls and 8 and 10 year old boys (my nephew will be here)? Feel free to add suggestions for other ages also for the rest of the group!

I should have looked on Amazon but it sort of snuck up on me!

SnuggleBuggles
04-03-2021, 08:07 AM
Just candy nowadays. But, maybe some fun tinted lip balm for the girls and a game like Sushi Go, Uno or Exploding Kittens for the boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

gymnbomb
04-03-2021, 08:26 AM
DS is 7 and is getting candy, a couple of books, and extra rockets for his nerf rocket launcher. Often we do spring things like new sunglasses and sandals. But I think just candy (or other food treats if they prefer something different) is also totally fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmsmom
04-03-2021, 09:22 AM
DD 12 is getting: bath bombs, beauty face masks, earrings, Easter squishmallow, extreme dot to dot, pens, color changing squish ball

DS 14 is getting: color changing ball, waboba ball, magnetic puzzle cube (all random things from Amazon), golf shirt, shower speaker, Uno Flip.

Also chocolate bunnies and other candy for both.

gatorsmom
04-03-2021, 09:53 AM
If you have a TJMaxx/homegoods near you, they always have unusual foods and Easter treats from around the world. This year they had macaroons from France in tiny packages I’m adding to Easter baskets, I’ve found Turkish delight (like Edmond asks the White Witch for in Narnia) there before, they have individual stollens at Christmas time, chocolate eggs from Belgium as well as interesting little non-food things they might like. If you have a CostPlus World Market near you I bet you could find fun stuff too.

Tenasparkl
04-03-2021, 10:52 AM
I got mine candy, flips flops (Mario Kart for DS and funny “fish flops” from Amazon for DD), a book (new wimpy kid spin off for DS and Amanda Gorman poem for DD) bunny squishmallows, some cute little paper craft kits and bookmarks. I also ordered some prestuffed eggs from Amazon - some with slime inside and some with bizarre windup toys.

mom2binsd
04-03-2021, 10:57 AM
I get their fav Easter candy and chocolate, a Subway gift card /Starbucks gc, scratch off lottery ticket, DD a popsicle maker mold from tjmaxx and DS a stand to prop his phone on when he eats at the island (I alwayw see him prop it against my purse), also Tj maxx.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

California
04-03-2021, 11:26 AM
We’ve done summer-themed baskets before with new beach towels, bathing suits, and sometimes swim goggles, swim gear, flip flops, and/or sunglasses. (And if course candy.)

Now that my oldest is a teen I can’t pick out bathing suits for her. She’s getting some fun international chocolate treats from World Market, socks, packable reusable boba straw with GF for boba, some new masks (for school campus reopening), her favorite TJ candy and some other small stuff.

sariana
04-03-2021, 11:26 AM
I got a few types of candy and a magazine for each (Some girls magazine for DD and something about great places of the world for DS because I couldn’t find a good science mag). It was very last minute for me, too, and selection was poor.

PunkyBoo
04-03-2021, 12:20 PM
My DS1 really doesn't eat candy much at all, so I got my boys new swim floats (we have a pool- not blown up the packages fit in their baskets), some fun gum flavors, chapsticks.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

ang79
04-03-2021, 12:29 PM
My girls are 12 and 14. They are getting a variety of candy, snack foods, cute stuffed bunnies (super soft!) for $10 from Target, hair scrunchies, and I got them each a cast iron pie iron, hoping we can use them over our Solo fire pit.

jgenie
04-03-2021, 01:32 PM
I happened to be at a local Asian market recently so I picked up candy from there for our baskets. I have books to add for everyone. Each DC is getting a Baby Yoda doll and a bell for their bicycle. I usually have random things stashed so I’ll check to see what else I have to add in.

Kestrel
04-03-2021, 02:45 PM
12 yo DS is getting a book on folding paper airplanes, new computer mouse, hat of his favorite sport team, and candy.

DNiece (three later in April) is getting a mini watering can and strawberry pot (nine hole clay pot), sunglasses, sun hat, sidewalk chalk.

georgiegirl
04-03-2021, 07:39 PM
Boys (11 and 7) are getting candy, Pokémon cards, and a card game.

DD (15) is getting candy and random beauty items I grabbed from target (lip gloss, lotion, face masks, hair mask).

DualvansMommy
04-03-2021, 10:41 PM
Both boys basket is pool theme, not by design but I knew they wanted more toys to have for their pool days. Throw rings, shooters, and some candy, Easter peeps and one book each plus swimming goggles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro