PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed about vaccine scheduling

petesgirl
04-15-2021, 12:25 PM
Last week I scheduled an appt to get the J and J on this coming Saturday. I called early Tuesday (after the CDC paused that brand) to see if my appt was canceled or if they would be subbing in another brand. The response was that they were still waiting for more info from the CDC, call back later. I called again this morning. I have another opportunity to get the vaccine on Saturday but it's at a far away, inconvenient location and I don't want to do that twice if I don't have to. Today, same response, they still don't know what's happening on Saturday. Call back tomorrow. I asked if I will get a notification if it gets canceled and she said not likely, just keep calling back. Ugh. This process is so inefficient. People with appointments need to know whether or not to show up!

Octobermommy
04-15-2021, 10:50 PM
I’m sorry! I agree- so many things are inefficient at best with the vaccines. I’m sure they are saying just hold on bc it initially was to be paused for a couple of days.

Hope you get it soon!

bisous
04-16-2021, 10:00 AM
Wow. What a mess! I can't imagine what Saturday is going to look like. There will be a lot of confused people. Hopefully they'll pull through with some kind of vaccine--whether it is J&J or an alternate!

carolinamama
04-16-2021, 11:09 AM
I really wish we could get more organized with vaccines but I'm sure the J&J pause (and extended pause) have thrown a huge kink in the plans for many locales. Hopefully you will get a vaccine one way or the other, along with the other appointments.

hellokitty
04-16-2021, 01:14 PM
Ehr systems were never designed to manage large vaccine clinics like this and some places aren't using ehr systems. Yes, from the other side of things, it is very inefficient. We get stuck with a lot of people who don't show up and then we have to beg people, so we don't lose vaccine. Find out if any of your local places have a no waste standby list... it actually is the easiest way to get your vaccine if you have trouble getting an appt.