PDA

View Full Version : Brand New All Birds at Goodwill!

Melaine
04-15-2021, 04:35 PM
I just stumbled across a pair of Allbirds today at Goodwill and they were in perfect shape, like they had never been worn. Then I found another pair, and then another! One out of three is in excellent used shape the other two honestly look unworn. They are in my size and were $6.50 each! I know some of you guys are fans and I have definitely wanted to try them. They seem very comfortable!

jgenie
04-15-2021, 05:10 PM
Wow! Great find!!

Tenasparkl
04-15-2021, 05:12 PM
Such a good find! They're super easy to throw in the laundry too.

Melaine
04-15-2021, 05:22 PM
Such a good find! They're super easy to throw in the laundry too.

That's such a cool feature!

twowhat?
04-15-2021, 05:39 PM
Wow, AWESOME!!! What color/styles? I love Allbirds and have the tree runnners and tree toppers myself.

And if you have any less-than-comfortable shoes, try switching out the insoles for Allbirds insoles - the insoles are AWESOME.

petesgirl
04-15-2021, 05:53 PM
Oh man, I was just at Goodwill today!

AnnieW625
04-15-2021, 06:08 PM
Awesome! I never have that luck! Allbirds looked awful on my wide feet but Dd1 likes hers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
04-15-2021, 06:47 PM
Someone bought them and realized wool shoes were a horror show. Says someone who itches like crazy at the touch of wool. :)

nfceagles
04-15-2021, 10:15 PM
Someone bought them and realized wool shoes were a horror show. Says someone who itches like crazy at the touch of wool. :)

[emoji1] Same. My DH raves about his Allbirds and I’m just like, NOPE.

NCGrandma
04-15-2021, 10:28 PM

I’ve never seen wool shoes in person (and definitely don’t want to try them!) — have they at least solved the "smells like wet dog" problem?

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

Globetrotter
04-16-2021, 03:15 AM
I’m a huge fan!! Lol

Melaine
04-16-2021, 09:13 AM
I can’t figure out how to post photos from my phone. I know I have done it before!

twowhat?
04-16-2021, 09:25 AM
Awesome! I never have that luck! Allbirds looked awful on my wide feet but Dd1 likes hers.

[emoji1] Same. My DH raves about his Allbirds and I’m just like, NOPE.

So I don't like the wool ones (I've tried them on in person) - they just look...less than pulled together for what I wanted. And, they don't seem to age as well, looking very rumpled and broken in over time, though they are INSANELY comfy. But the tree material I LOVE. It's lighter and cooler, less "just woke up" looking, and looks the same after many wears and washes. And it's nearly as comfy as the wool.

However, I believe all of the insoles are lined with merino wool so if the bottoms of your feet are sensitive, then I guess Allbirds aren't for you :) But has anyone seen the Vionics cotton canvas washable sneakers?? Some of the styles are super cute, and they're cheaper, and machine washable! I kinda want to try them...

billysmommy
04-16-2021, 11:36 AM
So I don't like the wool ones (I've tried them on in person) - they just look...less than pulled together for what I wanted. And, they don't seem to age as well, looking very rumpled and broken in over time, though they are INSANELY comfy. But the tree material I LOVE. It's lighter and cooler, less "just woke up" looking, and looks the same after many wears and washes. And it's nearly as comfy as the wool.

However, I believe all of the insoles are lined with merino wool so if the bottoms of your feet are sensitive, then I guess Allbirds aren't for you :) But has anyone seen the Vionics cotton canvas washable sneakers?? Some of the styles are super cute, and they're cheaper, and machine washable! I kinda want to try them...

I have the vionic beach pismo sneakers and absolutely love them! I got them in the light pink first and now have the melon and white and want to get the yellow tile.

AnnieW625
04-16-2021, 11:52 AM
Dd1 has the tree hugger ones and I tried those ones as well. It is just something about how the material stretches over my feet and because my feet are wide they just don’t look too good imho.

twowhat?
04-16-2021, 12:26 PM
I have the vionic beach pismo sneakers and absolutely love them! I got them in the light pink first and now have the melon and white and want to get the yellow tile.

Oh no, this is not good for my wallet. How does sizing run? I'm a street size 8 with slightly wide foot.

Melaine
04-16-2021, 01:03 PM
Here are the three pairs I got. https://www.allbirds.com/products/womens-wool-runners
https://www.allbirds.com/products/womens-wool-runners-dapple-grey
https://www.allbirds.com/products/womens-wool-pipers-garden-blue

Globetrotter
04-16-2021, 01:40 PM
Omg I am so jealous!!! Score for you!

Twin Mom
04-16-2021, 02:34 PM
Omg I am so jealous!!! Score for you!

:yeahthat:I’ve always wanted to try a pair but they are kind of pricey. I don’t wear wool sweaters since they make me itchy so I’m wondering if the shoes would bother me.

SASM
04-16-2021, 03:44 PM
Another huge fan here. I have Tree Runners for my clinical and lab days as my feet do not like clogs. Every week, or after a particularly gross clinical, I throw them in the wash with my scrubs...awesome!!!!

billysmommy
04-16-2021, 05:08 PM
Oh no, this is not good for my wallet. How does sizing run? I'm a street size 8 with slightly wide foot.

I find them to be true to size. I’m a street size 6.5 with slightly wide foot too and the 6.5 is perfect with no show socks. I have the dusty rose color.
They are so comfortable! I also got the Louisa wedge in cork and it’s just as comfy!

https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/vionic-louise-platform-sandal/482885?activeColor=289