PDA

View Full Version : Tieks ballet flats?

elbert
04-29-2021, 11:26 AM
Does anyone have experience with Tieks ballet flats? I wear ballet flats a lot (when I used to go out) but typically get cheaper ones and just replace as they wear out. Wondering if it's worth checking these out. Any pros/cons or love/hate with these?

AnnieW625
04-29-2021, 12:33 PM
I have a few pairs. I really like them and I do find that they hold up quite well. I find them quite comfortable without an insert but I still prefer to wear a thin insert (Vionic 3/4) with them because I have to size up from a 10 to an 11. Their sizing can be a little funky. I am a 9.5 wide and Tieks used to suggest sizing down if you were a half size (now I think it does say if your foot is wide size up if you are a half size)....well that didn’t work at all for me so initially I had a few pairs of size 10s for a while and I thought they fit just fine, but then I realized that maybe I should size up and see how they feel and that worked best for me. So I wear an 11 in Tieks now. My toes would hit the tops at the 10s but still looked like normal shoes, but on a whim I tried the 11s and they just had a little more room in the toe box. I would wear them 3-5 days when I was working in an office and no pain all day. I could walk a mile or so in them as well (to and from a deli for lunch) and my feet would be fine. I wore them on and off the busses in Europe (on a cruise to the Baltics in summer 2019) and around Copenhagen (lots of cobblestone streets), and Stockholm with little to no problems. The only time I don’t wear them now is when I could be wearing sandals.

They have a cult like following (that is almost kind of scary....some people notice the smallest stitch or fit issues and cry a storm over those very minor issues or missing out on a limited release shoe on FB (Tieks Anonymous is the FB Group)) as well so if you wear them for a couple of months and you end up hating them as long as they are in good condition you will most likely get your money back on them (less your shipping costs to sell). I sold my first two pairs of 10s for about $120 iirc so the resale market (a Tieks FB group) is usually pretty easy. I sold them in less than a day.

Their customer service is excellent and returns and exchanges are easy. Some people on the FB page say you can request a wider toe box or longer/larger version of “x” size, but I have never had the luck of them filling that request.

They are normal shoes so they do scuff and they are expensive but I find them worth it for me and once you have your sizing down definitely look on the secondary markets (FB groups, EBay, Mercari, or Poshmark) as yo will save some money there. If you can get a mint condition pair for $120-$140 then it is worth it to buy from the secondary market, but once you start hitting $150 to $175 on the secondary market for a non metallic or special edition shoe just pay full price from Tieks and then you have the ability to return.

I have tried Storehouse Flats as well which are similar in style to Tieks but only $50 and they are just okay for me. I find that they scuff easier and the overall fee of the shoe is more like walking on a cloud and has a slipper feel to it. I bought mine because they were colors that Tieks doesn’t offer but I probably won’t buy anymore.

Before Tieks my favorite flats were Cole Haan. I still like those but now I have Tieks and I haven’t felt the need to buy another brand.

ETA: I have a high instep, a wide foot and have dealt with plantar fasciitis in the past and these are okay for me....even without an insert but my feet are used to the inserts so I don’t even bother to not put an insert in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elbert
04-29-2021, 10:05 PM
Wow - thank you for this detailed response!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

AnnieW625
04-30-2021, 01:00 AM
Wow - thank you for this detailed response!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

I honestly didn’t mean for it to get that detailed!

PZMommy
04-30-2021, 09:28 PM
I have several pairs of tieks. I like them, but I can’t wear them all day. I read of people online saying they are a teacher and wear them all day or walk at Disney world all day, etc. I do wear a slim insert in them to give my arch some support. I think they are super cute and love to wear them out and about. But for all day on my feet teaching, I can’t do it.

AnnieW625
05-01-2021, 10:38 AM
I have several pairs of tieks. I like them, but I can’t wear them all day. I read of people online saying they are a teacher and wear them all day or walk at Disney world all day, etc. I do wear a slim insert in them to give my arch some support. I think they are super cute and love to wear them out and about. But for all day on my feet teaching, I can’t do it.

I know it is crazy the places some of these people say they wear their shoes at...and they are probably the same people who complain when they get a scuff.

Also it does seem like so many teachers have them. I don’t see how they would be comfortable all day teaching school especially if you have to stand up and lecture all day....even with an insert.