PDA

View Full Version : Oops! I ended up with two appointments for DD and DS3!

bisous
11-03-2021, 08:08 AM
I scheduled with Walgreens early this morning super early. Then I got a tag from Kaiser for appointments for DS3 (10) and DD (8 this week!) to get them in the pediatric office. I went ahead and scheduled there since that seems a little more ideal?

Which appointments would you keep? I know I need to cancel one set since everyone is looking. The first set is a really crummy location one town away from me. I got my first vax there and it was very poorly run BUT it is on Saturday! The other downside is that there is 30 minutes between the two kids' appointments. I don't know how that will play out IRL but it could be annoying. Also DH is out of town so I'll be by myself. The second set is NEXT Thursday but in the peds office with both kids at the same time.

Which would you keep? The earlier ones? Or the ones at the pediatricians?

TIA!

carolinamama
11-03-2021, 08:17 AM
Keep whichever is most convenient/comfortable for you. I know we all want to get the vaccine ASAP, but it's less than a week difference and I'd personally be okay with that. If your kids are calm about getting shots and prepped for a quick jab in the drug store, they may do just fine at Walgreens but I think either is fine timing-wise.

bisous
11-03-2021, 08:42 AM
I’ll talk to DH about it. 2 hours later and he’s still asleep, lol

KpbS
11-03-2021, 08:44 AM
Ped office would be my choice

lizzywednesday
11-03-2021, 08:45 AM

Which would you keep? The earlier ones? Or the ones at the pediatricians?

Even though you have to wait longer to get to it, I'd keep the appointments at the pediatrician - both kids at the same time vs 30 minutes between (even though whoever goes 1st will have to be observed for 15 mins anyway) and having to wrangle two kids at a location you're not crazy about is not something I would want to do, especially if I had to fly solo for the rest of the week.

bisous
11-03-2021, 11:45 AM
DH is team pediatrician! So we'll cancel the others and leave them available for other kids. :)

ged
11-03-2021, 03:12 PM
I'd go with Kaiser as well. But our first Kaiser option isn't until Nov 23, so I'm going Walgreens. Did Kaiser allow you to book the second dose? I didn't see that option...

bisous
11-03-2021, 04:43 PM
I'd go with Kaiser as well. But our first Kaiser option isn't until Nov 23, so I'm going Walgreens. Did Kaiser allow you to book the second dose? I didn't see that option...

I didn't see it either actually! I wonder if that will be an issue? I really want to have the kids vaccinated by the time of my sister's wedding. It will be a small group of all vaccinated adults. Just my kids and my other sister's kids will be the only persons present without vaccines.

ged
11-03-2021, 04:47 PM
I didn't see it either actually! I wonder if that will be an issue? I really want to have the kids vaccinated by the time of my sister's wedding. It will be a small group of all vaccinated adults. Just my kids and my other sister's kids will be the only persons present without vaccines.

Yeah Idk. I didn't like how they weren't booking the 2nd appt. Not sure if they're trying to ensure they have enough first doses...will the second dose be at 3 weeks or later? Hopefully they'll book your second at the first appt without issue.

bisous
11-03-2021, 04:57 PM
Yeah Idk. I didn't like how they weren't booking the 2nd appt. Not sure if they're trying to ensure they have enough first doses...will the second dose be at 3 weeks or later? Hopefully they'll book your second at the first appt without issue.

This is a really great point. At Walgreens we scheduled both appointments. It was very reassuring! I wonder if Kaiser has any info about that?

Tenasparkl
11-03-2021, 04:58 PM

I did my vaccines at Kaiser (I'm not a Kaiser patient but was able to book there) and they made the second shot appointment when I went for the first. There were plenty of options available for the exact date I needed.

bisous
11-03-2021, 05:02 PM
I did my vaccines at Kaiser (I'm not a Kaiser patient but was able to book there) and they made the second shot appointment when I went for the first. There were plenty of options available for the exact date I needed.

I think that's how it worked for DS1 too. I suppose I can cross my fingers we can find a spot and make the timing work!

AnnieW625
11-03-2021, 05:38 PM
Yes with the adults Kaiser booked the second shot 3 weeks to the day of the first shot for me. If I can request a day I will do a Friday which would be day 23, but I think that would be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk