PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Card Options?

bisous
11-03-2021, 08:09 PM
Costco's photo center is bust. There was no cheaper way to get Christmas cards. I just got the Shutterfly book and I'm kind of underwhelmed. I'm looking for a cost effective way to send out a lot of Christmas cards this year. Last year we went hard (since it was a really dark time) and gave a card to everyone in our congregation (through the mail). We had a lot of older people come up to us and thank us for the card. It was simple and it was a fun way to bring cheer!

So, I know it may be a little early but I'm interested in Christmas card options this year! What are you doing?

TIA!

jgenie
11-03-2021, 08:18 PM
I always order from Shutterfly for our Christmas cards for close family. The past several years I have ordered from Staples through Groupon for holiday cards for people we’re not as close with - teachers, bus drivers, neighbors - since I don’t necessarily know their religious affiliation.

sariana
11-03-2021, 08:30 PM
Do you not like Costco? They no longer have photo centers in the warehouses, but you can still order online. They ship them to your house. I just got an order yesterday (regular photos, not Christmas cards).

SnuggleBuggles
11-03-2021, 08:33 PM
What's wrong with Costco?

bisous
11-03-2021, 09:12 PM
Do you not like Costco? They no longer have photo centers in the warehouses, but you can still order online. They ship them to your house. I just got an order yesterday (regular photos, not Christmas cards).

Oh no way! I didn't even check that. I thought the options were over. I'll check it out. We've done Costco for years!

bisous
11-03-2021, 09:13 PM
What's wrong with Costco?

I thought the removal of the photo centers in the warehouse was the end of the photo cards! I'll check out the online options. They're by far the cheapest and the quality is decent. DH is an artist and we've done our own designs on several occasions which turns out to be an amazing deal!

gatorsmom
11-04-2021, 12:20 AM
!

So, I know it may be a little early but I'm interested in Christmas card options this year! What are you doing?

TIA!

For the record, I don’t think it’s too early to think about these things. I try to get my cards done in October or early November and just stick them in the mail December 1st. I hate a stressful holiday season.

carolinacool
11-04-2021, 09:54 AM
I've been very happy with Staples and have used them probably the past five years. You can have the cards printed at your local store, and they are on cardstock, not flimsy photo paper. Maybe I've just had good luck, but the printing quality has been nice.

I've always used a Groupon, and your post lead me to google it for this year. As with everything, the price has gone up. In the past, I've paid $14.99 for 50 cards, and this year, it's $22. https://www.groupon.com/deals/n-staples-holiday-cards-1

khm
11-04-2021, 10:07 AM
Costco's photo center is bust. There was no cheaper way to get Christmas cards. I just got the Shutterfly book and I'm kind of underwhelmed. I'm looking for a cost effective way to send out a lot of Christmas cards this year. Last year we went hard (since it was a really dark time) and gave a card to everyone in our congregation (through the mail). We had a lot of older people come up to us and thank us for the card. It was simple and it was a fun way to bring cheer!

TIA!

I've done Costco and WalMart. Our WalMart does a really good job, FWIW. They have paper options, round corner options, etc. I always have my own design and they have a "blank" template option for that (it seems like it's always hard to find, but it is there.)

SnuggleBuggles
11-04-2021, 10:13 AM
Yep, Costco will ship. I do miss the store photo center; one year I was so late that I threw a card together, ordered it and picked it up like 4 days before Christmas. They were ready in 2 hours. Wonderful for procrastinators. :) I appreciate not having to hunt for promo codes or deals. Just get good cards at a good price. Our PTA actually buys them for all the staff members at the holidays too. Their prices make it possible.

Mommy_Mea
11-04-2021, 10:20 AM
I've been very happy with Staples and have used them probably the past five years. You can have the cards printed at your local store, and they are on cardstock, not flimsy photo paper. Maybe I've just had good luck, but the printing quality has been nice.

I've always used a Groupon, and your post lead me to google it for this year. As with everything, the price has gone up. In the past, I've paid $14.99 for 50 cards, and this year, it's $22. https://www.groupon.com/deals/n-staples-holiday-cards-1This has been my inexpensive go to as well....

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

bisous
11-04-2021, 11:44 AM

I've always used a Groupon, and your post lead me to google it for this year. As with everything, the price has gone up. In the past, I've paid $14.99 for 50 cards, and this year, it's $22. https://www.groupon.com/deals/n-staples-holiday-cards-1

I'm a groupon newbie...how long is that good for. We don't have our photo yet (eek!) so I'm not sure I can grab this deal. I'm intrigued with the idea of cardstock instead of photo paper and the options looked nice. That price is totally doable!

essnce629
11-04-2021, 11:52 AM
Oh no way! I didn't even check that. I thought the options were over. I'll check it out. We've done Costco for years!Yep and now they ship directly to your house which is even better than having to go pick them up. We even used Costco for DS1's graduation announcements this year.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

carolinacool
11-04-2021, 12:09 PM
I'm a groupon newbie...how long is that good for. We don't have our photo yet (eek!) so I'm not sure I can grab this deal. I'm intrigued with the idea of cardstock instead of photo paper and the options looked nice. That price is totally doable!

It's usually good through sometime in January, so plenty of time! It should be in the small print in the link I posted.

Yeah, it's decent cardstock. It's definitely not fancy like Mint or Tiny Prints, but it works for my circle.

AnnieW625
11-04-2021, 06:46 PM
Costco still has Xmas cards you order online now and I would assume they are shipped to your home or to the warehouse.

Last year we got ours from Snapfish and were happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MMMommy
11-05-2021, 09:43 PM
I just ordered my Costco holiday photo cards on Nov 1 and already received them today! Lots of choices/styles. Pricing was $13.99/50 count and $5.40/additional 25 count for the non card stock ones that I ordered. Shipping was $7.97. The ETA for my Nov 1 order date was Nov 8 to Nov 10 delivery, but I received them three days early.

Twoboos
11-06-2021, 10:11 AM
Another vote for the Staples Groupon, we've been using this option for years. The quality is pretty good IMO, especially since it's likely to be tossed by early Jan lol. They have a fast order turn-around (1-2 days) and you can usually PU at a local staples.

fauve01
11-12-2021, 01:55 PM
I have a friend who does a Holiday postcard every year. after she imputted the addresses that first year, now she just checks off which people on her address list, adds any new people, uploads her photos/note, then she's done. So one side is her holiday photo, the other side she writes a short note. super cute. It's a company that is aimed at business but also does personal.
https://www.amazingmail.com/?fbclid=IwAR27OGLz0I0gNOCmqm05h6WHniKWzLn7obElvQzm MohJNsCw-t-LXoE74e4