PDA

View Full Version : Anti-vaccine protestors booking fake appointments

dogmom
11-10-2021, 09:18 AM
Apparently this is happening to disrupt younger children from getting the vaccine? I know some people will think this goes in politics. But if any of you are having trouble booking appointments for your kids it might be worth stopping by your pharmacy that is giving them and seeing if they have any significant no shows. I know the chains near me will give you one if they have no shows if you are already registered in their system on a later date.

https://hillreporter.com/anti-vaxxers-are-booking-fake-appointments-to-make-it-more-difficult-for-parents-to-get-their-kids-their-shots-117231

I just feel bad for parents who waited this long and now have to wait for slots. I know how crazy I was when I was waiting to hear if I was going back to work in a COVID ICU last Christmas and my work botched the vaccine roll out. It was just that last thing that made me screamingly irrational.

Liziz
11-10-2021, 09:48 AM
Huh, I really hope that's a single isolated incident and not a huge thing. Around me most of the pharmacies are encouraging appointments but are allowing walk-ins as well (kind of like for flu shots). Unfortunately, that probably speaks to the lack of demand in my area, but still.

SnuggleBuggles
11-10-2021, 12:49 PM
Our school organized some clinics onsite. Super handy!

mom2binsd
11-10-2021, 09:06 PM
I just saw a video of a mom who drove 2 hours to a Walgreens last Sat. with her 10 year old. The pharmacist made a big deal about telling her out loud in front of everyone how this wasn't needed for kids, it's was experimental and he went on about the possible side effects, circling things on the form, trying to make her change her mind. She was livid. She kept her cool as she wanted to get it done, but has contacted Walgreens corporate about this pharmacist.

hellokitty
11-10-2021, 10:13 PM
Wow, these same assholes who cry about their free-dumb have no problem infringing on everyone else's freedom! What jerks! They should be asking for social security numbers and a valid credit card and they should get charged a no show fee.

AngB
11-10-2021, 10:40 PM
Some of our libraries are hosting vaccination events and some of the vocal anti-mask seriously crazies are staging protests with gun-heavy propaganda crap (playing on the word 'shot') outside the libraries. I hate people.